Tsunami is offline Associate Member

Got any advice for someone who wants to compete?

Possibly thinking of competing for the first time next year, still need to add a few pounds and bring up the weak spots...ahem...cough....cough...LEGS!

Just wondering if you guys have any advice, thanks.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    a) get a coach to help you with your prep/diet
    b) practice your posing
    c) don't panic and do something stupid at the end stick to your plan, whatever plan it is.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    listen to guys like eye candy. They've been doing this shit, and doing it sucessfully. Good luck bro

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Well said E_C.........especially the last one...XXL

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I would say train your legs heavy and intense to try to catch them up.
    Start eating more clean in the offseason, makes dieting easier, my concept is this, get in all good meals and anything after that is a plus. I would also recommend that you start dieting at least 12-16 weeks out. Good luck and like EC says stick to the game plan, dont ever change things mid stream

primodonna is offline Female Member

Thanks you guys, it's going to be hard to find a coach though.

We had two great trainers at the Gym, one guy and a girl and they both have competed before, but for some reason they got fired and the staff won't give me their numbers.

I was good friends with both of them, the female trainer is actually Dexter Jackson's girlfriend.

Any suggestions on where to find a good coach if they gym doesn't have any?

Or should I check out a dif gym?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I think that when EC and XXL talk about coaches, they are not talking a PT, but another BB who can look at you and give you constructive critism and direction, if you have any reasonably good ole' BB's in your area they should be willing to help you out. But I recommend that you stick with that one person and not let anyone else influence your decissions based on his or her input. That just totally fucks with your head and can really screw you up the last week or so. So thats where the stick to the plan comes in.

Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    I think that when EC and XXL talk about coaches, they are not talking a PT, but another BB who can look at you and give you constructive critism and direction, if you have any reasonably good ole' BB's in your area they should be willing to help you out. But I recommend that you stick with that one person and not let anyone else influence your decissions based on his or her input. That just totally fucks with your head and can really screw you up the last week or so. So thats where the stick to the plan comes in.
    I know a few guys at my gym, I'll ask them and see how it goes.
    The PT that works there has more experience with competing that's why he would have been perfect, if I can't get a hold of him I'll ask some one else.

Thanks for the help guys.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Post process pics here, i am sure the members here could coach, but like Dr. D said, don't listen to everyone. Listen to one person only, kinda goes back to point 3 stick to plan!

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Post process pics here, i am sure the members here could coach, but like Dr. D said, don't listen to everyone. Listen to one person only, kinda goes back to point 3 stick to plan!
    That was my plan, I'm about to get a digital camera soon, so I can start posting.

Right now my pics that I have are old, and I used my friends webcam, pretty shitty quality.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Where are you at in canada, you can PM me this, maybe i can help???

XXL

BIG R is offline Member

Talking Competition in your future?

Younggun

I think that is BAD-ASS that you want to take the stage. First things first. Chose a show. The same shows happen every year and you can more or less predict the times they will take place next year plus or minus some days. DD and EC are right about the help you will need from experienced competitors as far as Diet, posing, and contest prep. That is a MUST. I made friends with lots of competitors and listened to what they had to say. Most of the things cooresponded with eachother. If you trust one person more than just single out thier advise and use that one. Looks like you are having trouble even finding one person to help you. If you have any questions I'd be happy to relay my experience. I hope you find someone there in the flesh that can show you how to pose. I've seen guys win with better posing. they just knew how to POP out thier muscles better than the other guy.
    Oh, and about your legs: heavy leg press. If you have good symmetry and a nice X frame you don't want to mess that up. So don't go crazy with heavy squats.
    Let me know whats up, I compete in 11 days from now so wish me luck.
    Big R. :

Thanks BIGR,
    I actually might have a coach finally. He's coming back for a lil while and he might be staying down where I am, so he said if he stays that he'll be there for me to help me out.

And Good Luck on your show.

Thread Information