avion1971 is offline Junior Member

First show, What weight class ?

i am 34, 5"7' , 182lbs, dont know BF %... show is in June.... i have a game plan for the gear and diet... the question is

when should i start my diet and what weight class should i shoot for ?

thanks BRO's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First show, What weight class ?-im000032.jpg   First show, What weight class ?-im000040.jpg   First show, What weight class ?-im000039a.jpg   First show, What weight class ?-im000037.jpg  

Natural4life is offline New Member
    Looks like you are around 11 or 12% b/f. If this is your first show i would give yourself 12-16 weeks at least. it is better to diet slowly even if you are using the stuff.What does the diet look like? Cardio? If you are around 12% at 182 then you should be shredded around 162-165lbs so if you are doing an NPC show that is a middleweight.
    Good Luck!

Smart-tony is offline Member
    I competed lots and help people out for show as well as judge show and you will be in the light-weight class.It not about how much you weight.When your belly button is out like and have glutes then your ready.As for the one that posted before me don't listen to him.I won't blow smoke up your ass,and as for dieting you better start now!
    Did you every go to any shows before?
    20-24 weeks is a good diet.Best of luck.

no i have never entered a bodybuilding contest. the show is in the US and i am still waiting to see the weight classes... i was told novice middleweight, but i am being told differently now... thanks for your help

bigtraps is offline Member
    NPC Middle Weight is - 154.25-176.25

I would also say that you are 12-14% bf. I think you will make middle weights, guessing around low to mid 160's lb. Start dieting now.

Ask for help - Good Luck.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Some NPC shows offer a welterweight class in between light and middles....I think if that is offered, you'd be there...if not, I dont see lightweights out of the question either...keep in mind, you can drop 8-10 lbs. of water the last couple days.

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart-tony
    I competed lots and help people out for show as well as judge show and you will be in the light-weight class.It not about how much you weight.When your belly button is out like and have glutes then your ready.As for the one that posted before me don't listen to him.I won't blow smoke up your ass,and as for dieting you better start now!
    Did you every go to any shows before?
    20-24 weeks is a good diet.Best of luck.
    Wow if i had to diet 20-24 weeks to come into shape I dont think I would ever compete.Anyway I think length of diet is varys greatly from one person to the next I diet for about 8 weeks and im ripped starting around the same bf% as avion.I think 12 weeks should do it if done right imo.

Thanks To All

grudge keeper,

take a look at last years pics, before and after... this year, i have added more muscle and keeping my BF % lower... i worked my a@* off last year to lean down .... although i wasnt leaning down for a body building contest, i was still trying to lose as much body fat as i could.... i also used 12 weeks, but started at 18 % body fat.... looking at my pics NOW, do you think 12 - 16weeks is reasonable... i dont want to lose muscle.... last year i lost muscle due to HIGH intensity cardio ( mainly in my quads) i have learned a lot from my first diet...

thank you to all of you who took the time to answer my questions...any info would be helpful ! thanks to all for your support !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First show, What weight class ?-bfl2005-1-2-.jpg   First show, What weight class ?-blf-double.jpg   First show, What weight class ?-im000040.jpg  

natural life,

my diet will start in Feb... i have decided to give myself some extra time, as i have been advised by most.

Diet

feb - eat clean lean meat, chicken or fish moderate carbs and fat
    mar - strict diet lean chicken and fish, cut out starchy carbs, low fat
    apr - same as mar
    may - same as mar
    june - same as mar

Feb - cardio three days a week ( 20 min) after work out
    Mar - cardio 4 days a week 30 min early am
    April - cardio 4 days a week 30 min early am
    May - cardio 5 days a week 1 hr early am
    June - adjust as necessary

i am going to start a cycle next week... test e, c, prop, sus stack( small dosage) 250 cc weekly to keep hardness, strength and size... switch to winny - anavar 8 weeks out...

let me know what you all think please

Bigtraps,

i am still waiting to find out what weight class... there might be a new division at this show, dont know if it is NPC or not... like i said, i am a newbie, but will find out... supposedly novice for those who have never been in a show... will let you all know on the weight class...

i cant imagine myself under 155... i would look like a RAT !

bump
    Last edited by Natural4life; 01-20-2006 at 11:43 PM.

Avion..the nutriiton looks sound but what are your calories looking like? Also be sure to pose every day for 15-30 minutes,preparation is the key to success!
    Now as far as "smart tony" goes..generally people who bash others that way are insecure about there own knowledge. It is unwise to bash others who you know nothing about.There are plenty of people on this board who had good advice to distribute,so instead of bashing just add your comments to the thread and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by avion1971
    grudge keeper,

take a look at last years pics, before and after... this year, i have added more muscle and keeping my BF % lower... i worked my a@* off last year to lean down .... although i wasnt leaning down for a body building contest, i was still trying to lose as much body fat as i could.... i also used 12 weeks, but started at 18 % body fat.... looking at my pics NOW, do you think 12 - 16weeks is reasonable... i dont want to lose muscle.... last year i lost muscle due to HIGH intensity cardio ( mainly in my quads) i have learned a lot from my first diet...

thank you to all of you who took the time to answer my questions...any info would be helpful ! thanks to all for your support !
    16 weeks should do it 4 sure.I think u said you had a retired pro helping u out in a different post so if he watchs u week 2 week I think that will help u alot.Having someone with plenty of reputable experience help you can make all the difference.good luck!

natural 4 life,

i hate to admit this, but i havent been counting calories... i try to eat 5 -6 times a day... two of those meals are protein shakes.... i would say between 2500 - 3000 calories right now.... i eat A LOT of lean meat and egg whites.... moderate carbs , low fat....

i dont know the mandatory poses, but i am going to do a search to find out...

thanks again !

natural 4 life,

i hate to admit this, but i havent been counting calories... i try to eat 5 -6 times a day... two of those meals are protein shakes.... i would say between 2500 - 3000 calories right now.... i eat A LOT of lean meat and egg whites.... moderate carbs , low fat....

i dont know the mandatory poses, but i am going to do a search to find out...

thanks again !
    mandatory poses for NPC 1:front double biceps 2: front lat spread 3: side chest 4:rear double biceps 5: rear lat spread 6: side triceps 7: ab & thigh pose 8: hands on hip most muscular 9: crab most muscular

Av remember it is very important to know how many calories you are consuming,especially if you are a rookie!

thanks grudge and natural,

on pose 9. crab most muscular.... was CRAB a typo ? if not please explain

what caloric intake at my weight of 182, should i strive for during the diet phase ?

thanks grudge and natural,

on pose 9. crab most muscular.... was CRAB a typo ? if not please explain

what caloric intake at my weight of 182, should i strive for during the diet phase ?
    not a typo crab most muscular is like your pose in the 4rth pic you posted on this thread.I'm guessing at 182 at the begining of your diet somewhere between 2200 & 2500 cals would be good.However this can differ from one person to the next even at the same weight.Sometimes just shifting where cals are coming from will get the ball rolling.(up protein lowwer carbs)Its also nice to know where you are about with cals currently it gives you something to work from.

I agree with grudge on the caloric intake!

just returned from my consultation. turns out, that this guy was not a former pro, but very successful on the national level as a master ! he owns his own gym and has trained many bodybuidlers reach their goals.i received some similar advice and constructive criticisum. you guys were are all very close in your opinion of where i will look my best (155 -160)...

he gaged my body fat to be around 15 %. he recommended that i continue to bulk for three weeks and continue to eat clean 3000 calories a day. i will see this guy every month to assist me...

i will post pics each month if you all are interested ! thanks again for your help

av

Hey AV how is the dieting going???

Thread Information