Shredz is offline Respected Member

Question Buddy is doing a show in 10days???

My buddy is doing a show in 10 days. His stats are 5'11" 175lbs at 4-5%bf. You all know him as Sliced on AR. He is at work and wants me to ask a question for him.

How many grams of carbs should he be taking in for the next 10 days...he is going to carb load the day before the show and cut out his water. But up until then what should he do?

He is taking in approx. 250-300grams of protein daily. He is currently at around 80gms of carbs daily. Is this to high. He is show ready now. And doesn't want to lose that edge.

thanks for the help

SHREDZ

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    hard call, I would increase carbs a bit to say 125-200mg or if he is ready, don't want to burn off muscle at this point, also no cardio and if he is using t3 cut it back some, also helps carb up will you keep or get t3 low.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would keep things as they are, i think i know what show he's doing is it on June 1st, i'll be there watching. I went at 100gm of carbs for the last 10 days before carbing up, i carbed up on thursday and shifted into fat loading on friday. At 80gm of carbs that's low enought that he does not need to lower the carbs to decarb, you do not want to put your body into shock by lowering carbs aby further.
    Before he carbs up, he should do a whole body workout to decarb/burn all glucogen stored in his muscle so he can carb up more efficiantly.
    Another thing is tell him to have an apple or 2 about 2 hours before his decarb workout, the fructose in the apple will switch his system from burning fat for fuel to burning glucogen again, and that will help with decarb and once again make carb loading more efficient.
    Good Luck...XXL

you guys rock.....thanks once again gentlemen I will pass on the advice..and Mike I will see you at that show tooooo!!!

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    wow thats low carbs alright. If he has been that low for awhile I would not touch the carbs, increasing them IMO right now wont help, decreasing them at this point could cause his body to go catabolic. I would say stick to the carbs hes at then load from there when he enters that stage.

By the way wish him good luck!!

primodonna is offline Female Member
    if he's been at 80g for a while and will be for the next 8-9 days, loading for just one day won't be enough
    What happens here, stays here

Yeah he would have to have started loaded 14 days ago to be completely filled out to his potential. LONG EXTENDED LOW CARB DIETS SUCK

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    LONG EXTENDED LOW CARB DIETS SUCK
    The big one...
    What happens here, stays here

thanks Dr. D and Primo I am sure he has read this post...but I will let him know anyways...

and Dr. D...i will pass on your message..

thanks again everyone..

dieslgrl is offline Female Member
    that is down to the individual.. some people ride in their contest diet to the day of the show... while others deplete to almost no carbs sunday through tuesday and sometimes wednesday and then carb load after that.... he shouldn't do anything drastic.. if he looks ready and hard now, then he should just ride it in.. its almost too risky to mess with the carbs that close if he hasn't experimented prior.

dg
    chemical child

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by dieslgrl
    that is down to the individual.. some people ride in their contest diet to the day of the show... while others deplete to almost no carbs sunday through tuesday and sometimes wednesday and then carb load after that.... he shouldn't do anything drastic.. if he looks ready and hard now, then he should just ride it in.. its almost too risky to mess with the carbs that close if he hasn't experimented prior.

dg

Good advice, however i was at the show and he was very and i mean very lean and dry, but flat, he deffinitely should have carbed up some more and fat loaded for the last 18 hours, and not cut the water 48 hours before the show, that is just to much, it will suck all the water from you muscle bellies and make you look flat, i personaly think 18 hours out, when started the fat load cut the water, not before that...of course there is other factors that can influance all of this and the finnal out come, but it would take WAY too long to go through all of those...my 2 cents.

XXL

Thread Information