Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member

Question Important Show Question, Please Respond?????????????????????????

Hey everyone, haven't been on in a while, too busy working, dieting, and training for my show coming up in 2 and half weeks on June 15. Anyway I started my diet 12 weeks out from the show date cause I had a little more weight to lose than some of the other guys at my gym who are also competing in this show. I started off the diet at 240 lbs. and now I'm around 205 lbs. But let me get back to my story. Ok, the first week of the diet I went without cheating, but the Sunday of that week was Easter and the trainer at my gym whose giving all the first time competitors their diets and posing routines, told me that I could cheat on Easter if I wanted cause I had 11 more weeks left. So, I did cheat on that day but only for dinner. That was a fucking mistake, the following week I wasn't able to stick with the diet the whole entire day without cheating at night, with candy and shit. So for the next 6 or so weeks I didn't cheat at all, I did cardio almost everyday if I could and weight trained almost everyday. And because of that I lost like 27-30 lbs. Then on the 5th week out, on the Thursday night of that week my mom went to a party at a restaurant and brought home some pasta and sauce, and I couldn't sleep that night so I ended up eating it. So, the next week I cheated a couple times that week. So, now its the 3rd week out from the show and haven't cheated since that one day last week, and I lost like 6 lbs. in that time. I'm taking Vanadyl PH and was taking Xenadrine, but ran out, and glutamine also, but the Vanadyl has really tightened me up in the last week and a half. So my point and question is, there is 2 and half weeks left, and I'm pretty lean, the only thing I'm waiting for is the higher seperations in my quads to come in but the rest of my body is pretty good and on track for the week I'm in. Also, I have all my abs developed and only the top one's are showing all the time and you can kind of see the middle one's a little bit, especially on a empty stomach like when I wake up but I still have a little bit of fat covering the lower one's. So since the show is so close I've been working my abs everday but still can't get the lower ones to show. And have also been doing cardio for an hour or alittle more a day on a empty stomach and still can't see them. The trainer said that it's possible for me to get them in by June 15, which is the show date, cause of the diet is changing the next two weeks to very very low carbs, I think the week of the show, there are no or almost no carbs in my diet. And my water will be cut down that week also. And I won't be carb loading cause the trainer said it only works if you do it right and since I'm not gonna be as ripped as a middle weight(cause I'm a heavyweight), I'm not gonna do it. So finally what I'm asking is do any of you think I can get my lower abs to show in the short time I have, I think I can and alot of other bb's and people I know said it's very possible on these pre-contest diets combined with cardio and training. And if there is anyway other way or anything else I can take to ensure that I make it to show date since I already payed for it. I know this is long as hell but it takes long to write what I want to say. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    I could'nt see my lower abs till one week out and carried a lot of water until last night. Did a seeweed wrap for 45 minutes each night monday through thursday under a hat lamp and started Aldactone on Tuesday. It is the night before my show and I am not holding hardly any water. Be patient, consistent, and diligent in the last week and amazing things will happen. Get a good plan of carb depletion, loading and a water plan and you will be fine.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Best of Luck Letmein
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

Thanks for the advice, um Letmein, I'm not exactly sure what you mean about a seeweed wrap under a hot lamp. And Aldactone is a diuretic isn't it? So, if my show is on June 15 and today is May 31, when do you think if I do take it, should I start taking a diuretic? I'll ask my trainer too, he knows his shit, he competed for like 10 years, and has been training for 20 years, and he's a nutritionist also so he knows what he's doing. I thought I'd just add that in for anyone who cared.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    A seeweed wrap sounds like something from Wendy's but it is really a paste that is applied to the body and wrapped in saran wrap. My massuese does it. Then you wrap yourself in a blanket like a burrito for 45 minutes under a heat lamp. You sweat like a bandit and lose the sub q water where the wrap is. It will return somewhat when you drink but not all. After three days you will be amazed at how much is gone. If you do it the day you drop your water there is no return until after the show because you are not taking in any water to speak of. I dropped from 211 at 4% bf to 202 dry between 6pm Thursday night and 9 am Saturday morning by doing this and taking 50mg of Aldactone from Tuesday through Friday. I was dry as a bone but I am paying for it now as I gained 26 lbs in the first 24 hours after the show. I have not even gone crazy with the food. Just a bad rebound from being so dry. I can't ell if the tide is still rollong in or if I will see beach again soon. Good Luck!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Prep H, put it on before you tan and again before bed, at bed time wrap with plastic wrap as well, generates heat that way and draws more water out, i have same problem 1st show i did lower abs where not there until like Tues before show, i was FREAKING OUT.

Also make sure your trainer is on the ball and it's just water not fat, if it's fat you still have some time to trim up a bit more.

Thanks everyone. Yea, eye_candy, my trainer told me about Preperation H, he told me to apply a generous amount to any area that you want to tighten up before bed but didn't say anything about using seran wrap or plastic wrap, for instance he said when he used to compete and needed to tighten up quick, he used to apply it to the ham glute tie ins, and his lower back; he said it really works great. In my case I applied it to my lower abs or whole ab area, sides, and lower back and a the inner thigh and tie ins. I am pretty much cut up every where else. Last night the other guy who works at my gym who is also going in the show and competed in last years show told me to put baby oil or Prep H before you do cardio and wear a sweat jacket and a waist trimmer too if I wanted, and he said he lost like 16 lbs in alittle under 2 weeks before the show. So, I use the Prep before bed, and before I do cardio, and I wear a waist trimmer and sweat jacket, I think I lost like 3 pounds since yesterday. And I don't know if I want to apply it before tanning cause I go to a salon and the beds and booths are really strong plus I put tanning lotion to make me really dark.

Thread Information