BennettBoy is offline Junior Member

Do you guys shave if you don't compete?

Just wondering if most folks that are into lifting/bodybuilding and don't compete still like to shave all their body hair?

I have shaved my chest for 3 years and recently shaved my forearms (and I like it much better). I now would love to shave my legs and underarms and just be done with all hair, but I worry 1) what folks would think, 2) if women really like clean shaven men and 3) how long it would take to daily shave.

I realize some don't shave everyday, but I like to shave my arms daily and my chest like 2 times a week as it is. This takes time.

Comments please from those that shave.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I shave my chest, number 2 gaurd on the underarms, and the man down stairs and his domain gets a clean cut twice a week

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I shave arms, chest, and recently legs. I doubt I will be competing any time soon, but I just like the way it looks.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Can't go wrong with shaving all year around. Arms, chest, underarms get clipped real short and the downstairs gets a constant clean up.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Yep, everything goes, even if I'm not competing.

Billmister is offline Member
    well i don't have chest hair.. but i shave my arms, arm pits, and well down there.. other than that i i only shave my legs if i compete.. and i did only once...

allabs5150 is offline Associate Member
    shave it all.........bald is beautiful

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Heh im still fat but yup the body hair goes.. havent done the legs yet

i know my wife is just waiting to make fun of me when i bitch about not having a better way heh

Mentzer's Ghost is offline New Member
    Hell Yeah! You don't have to compete to be a bodybuilder. Why not show yourself in the best light?

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    i do my bicepts, just started doing forearms. MAkes em look sooo much better. I would do chest alot, but iit takes forever. I would nair but it never works. lol. Maybe i will have the guts to wax. My legss i never hsow cause they look sooo bad so i never do them. Mr Bojangles' yard gets a good trimming whenever it gets too thick.

primodonna is offline Female Member

Re: Do you guys shave if you don't compete?

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    but I worry 1) what folks would think, 2) if women really like clean shaven men

1. who cares
    2. HELL YES

Anabolik is offline Associate Member
    Hurrah we are all gay... (ignore)

Anyway, wanted to ask how you guys get rid of the hair? Just good old razor?
    I find it takes ages to get all the hair off especially from the legs and it all re-grows in about 2 weeks.
    Anyone use creams or whatever to get rid of that hair?
    Laser hair removal is sposed to be the most effective and permanent but its quite expensive isnt it? Can someone give more information?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    So far i only shave forearms and nuts.

Never gotten any complaines from girls about my chest or leg hair.
    However ive been close of taking it off sometimes, i mean when i start competive i gotto do it anyway.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I shave arms, chest and forarms, legs only fr shows, to much pain in the ass for me, to shave my whole body it takes me about an hour...XXL

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Keep it all off year round for most part, did let myself go for few weeks after show, but 4 bottles of nair every two weeks keeps things pretty good, or get waxed, shaving just makes it grow faster and darker and thicker, and if your on gear, that goes too.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    ==================
    Anyway, wanted to ask how you guys get rid of the hair? Just good old razor? I find it takes ages to get all the hair off especially from the legs and it all re-grows in about 2 weeks.
    ==================

Quick and easy way is to use a small clipper like the Peanut
    (see www.wahlpro.com/l3/8685.htm ) . Use the #1 guard on it to tend to private matters without pinching yourself.
    Another method would be to wax it off. Probably do the job nicely with Nads, or stop by your local Sally Beauty supply and they've got several different brands of wax to suit ya.
    I've tried some of those cheap electrolysis devices, but they didn't seem to work worth a flip.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    I shave it all except the legs, I just use the clippers to shave the hair on the legs, razor for everything else...haven't had any complaints from the girls yet...nothing but compliments!! They all seem to love it...

dj puffnstuff is offline New Member

Question

how do u guys get ur back areas? i cant figure out how to reach them!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Stretch to the full extent of the muscle.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    You need someone to help with back, no matter what method you use to get rid of hair.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I shave everything, arms, legs, arm pits and down there. 1 1/2 bottles of Nair once a week.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

sbarr93033 is offline New Member
    what about electrolysis? too painfull? maybe but alot cheaper than laser!

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by eye_candy
    Keep it all off year round for most part, did let myself go for few weeks after show, but 4 bottles of nair every two weeks keeps things pretty good, or get waxed, shaving just makes it grow faster and darker and thicker, and if your on gear, that goes too.
    That's not necessarily true. By shaving, you are merely removing the hair stubs that are peeking through the top layer of skin. It's expected to grow back the same way.

For hair to grow back darker and thicker, you need to increase the blood supply to that region. This is done by tweezing or waxing (waxing = mass tweezing).

I consulted with a girl on this so I can't be wrong

Personally, I shave my chest and armpits with a beard trimmer, takes me no more than 2-3 minutes for both. The disadvantage of this is that the end result looks like 24 hours after a shave with a razor; I'm fine with it... The advantage of course is the speed.

I shaved my legs only once, back when I was a competitive swimmer at my first national competition. I shaved in the morning, and by the evening it was already growing back !! That night sleeping was terrible -- felt like rubbing against a woman who hasn't shaved her legs in a week.

Those that never shaved legs before, beware, all those scars that you never knew about because they are covered by hair... presto! here they are.

demetri is offline Member
    I sometimes shave but mostly I don't like it. I did shave for two months straight before a contest to make sure that I didn't get any ingrown hairs.

When I shave I find that I break out lots and I'd rather have the Tom Sellik look and no zits than be clean shaven.

When I do decide to shave I first pull out my trusty hair clipper. I take everything off. Then I use some Nair on my arms and legs (It gives my chest a rash). Then the next day I go over everything with a razor. I find that this gives me the closest shave.

Then after that I shave every two or three days and use the Nair once in a while (I find that hair doesn't come back as fast).

dj puffnstuff is offline New Member
    so nair sport for men actually works? people keep telling me its a waste of money and that it doesnt work all that well

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by dj puffnstuff
    so nair sport for men actually works? people keep telling me its a waste of money and that it doesnt work all that well
    It doesn't work the best. It all depends on how long you leave it on and how evenly you put it on. I find that I can never get it even enough and usually end up using a razor on a few spots the next day. The good thing is that the hair doesn't grow back that fast.

If you're going to remove hair I think a combo of hair removal techiniques works best, that is if you don't have money for the lazer removal.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    Nair doesnt seem to work to well for me. I still end up with short stubble on my chest. I havent tanned in a while and maybe that would help hide the stubble. Either way, the shit starts growing back in about 4 days. Does the hair grow back slower the more you use Nair?

Thread Information