Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member

4 and a half weeks out

Well here I am four and a half weeks out. The mind game is messing with me the most. I'm worried about every little damn thing and it's driving me crazy. What do some of you guys do to stay focused? I get discouraged sometimes because some days i'm harder and some days i look soft. I'm still holding a lil fat around the lower stomach and lower back area's. I know it will be the last parts to come off. The cardio in the morning before I eat anything is really helping though. Just some stats. 19yrs. old 5'7" 188 8%bf. If all goes well with the competition IN 4 and a half weeks I'll be going to teen nationals the following week. Good luck to everyone else who is doing a competition in the near future. I wish you all the best.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    I've been doing a lot of crossword puzzles.....honestly takes my mind off of the choclate chip dough icecream my kids are eating in the other room Puts me in a Yoga state of mind .

11 days and counting here.....Best of Luck to you also
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

Yea frekin blue bell ice cream came out with an ice cream called "Good Heavens". Home made vanilla with Choclate mixed togehter and chunks of choclate cookie dough and regular cookie dough. Right after competition I'm gonna buy a few gallons.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Go back and think of every little thing you have already given up/sacrificed/said "no" to over the past 8+ (?) weeks...that will put things in perspective and keep your head somewhat straight...well, it should help some, anyway

Besides that first day of being "normal" again, nothing is as good as it seems right now to you anyway

Hang in there...both of you...

And annie...what's a 3 letter word for "woman who is going to kick some ass at her first show?"
    What happens here, stays here

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep the head games are hard for sure, what helped him was i would think of my competitors. Also might be helpful to have someone have a look at your and tell you your on track or not on track, but sounds about right, 4.5 weeks, should get you down to 5ish by contest time.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Stay focused, maintain your goals, think about what other competitors are doing, train at other gyms, just to check out the competition. Do what primo said think of all the shit you have sacraficed over the weeks prior and that will put shit in perspective....Good luck and dont let your screwed up head get the best of your physique.

Thanks for the advise guys. Any advice helps at this stage as I'm sure you all know. 4 weeks and counting.....5'7" 185 7%.

str8flexed is offline New Member
    I played video games, watched movies, or wrote articles (writer for bodybuilding.com) in order to pass the time between meals. A tip...get some fat free sugar free jello...it's the shit and a huge bowl only has 40 kcals. Stay focussed man you can do it your on the home stretch...shit i'm still 7 weeks out.
    Peace

Thread Information