Thread: Fat loading

dam225 is offline Associate Member

Fat loading

I have heard the theories on fat loading and was wondering how well this would work if there was little to no carb up. Also, when is the best time to fat load (how many hours before prejudging) and what are the best types of fats during this process? (Mike_XXL, I know you have some info on this one buddy). Also, what are the best carb/fat sources for breakfast the day of the show?How much?

Thanks,
    D

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You deffinitelly need some carbs with your fat loading to make it work. The fat is just used as a vehicle to drive the carbs into the muscle cells.

The best time to fat load is 18 hours before prejudging, and i would say cut your water about 2 hours before you start to fat load. The best choices for fats are Long Chain Fatty acids and they have to be dry fats.
    Good choices are cream filled donuts, McDonalds BigMac's, Cheescake (although some don't like dairy based foods) chocolate, pizza with cheese etc. The best combination is Long Chain Fatty acids and Simple Sugars. The day of the show i would have a 1/2 dozen or a whole dozen of cream filled donuts or go for a buffet breqakfast and have pancakes, omlett with cheese, well you gewt the idea andything considered really bad for you...i hope that helps and good luck...XXL

Here is a link to a thread i started before that should cover it all in more detail.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=23513
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 07-31-2002 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Mike! some good info......I hear a lot of people do the honeyuand oatmeal thing in the the morning before the show (along with some fat)...what is your take on this?

Thanks,
    D

Never heard of it, however i have heard that Oatmeal and Rice can make you hold water...but i am un sure of that, it's just what i heard before...i am doing 2 shows in late Oct and early Nov and i will be using cream filled donuts for both shows in the morning of the show...and you are welcome...XXL

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Mike is a great one to answer things about fat loading since he is the fatest person that contributes to this forum.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mike XXL about what he said, he and Eye Candy helped me out alot with this process during my show.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Creme filled donuts...... I just dont see me doing that before a show. Any other women on here load up this " GOOD" ??
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    Mike is a great one to answer things about fat loading since he is the fatest person that contributes to this forum.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mike XXL about what he said, he and Eye Candy helped me out alot with this process during my show.
    Hey Dr.D are you outside of my window, becaus i am getting quite porky right about now, next week it's vacation time so there will be a lot of drinking and shit food eating, yes you better belive it...but once i get back i have to start dieting for 2 shows......so i guess you can say all i am doing is stimulating my metabolism......

Ann:
    I am not sure how well that would work with woman, so i say give it a try on your next show and tell us how it worked out (or didn't)......

XXL

I too am a little apprehensive of the cream filled dount thing but I saw your pictures and it looks like you know what you are talking about...but if I decide to go the more traditonal route, do you have any suggestiions for a more tradional bodybuilding breakfast on the morning of the show? The donuts sounds great though!!!!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Beleive me the cream filled donuts etc. .work well just test run it before the show so you can get timming down. It's very hard to start into pizza and donuts before a show but it does work well for most. If you want PM me with e-mail addy I have a complete outline that worked very well for one guy. and myself and Dr. D and mike all used it as guidline for our prep.

Pitbull is offline Junior Member
    Pizza and Big Macs what about all the soduim , isn't it going to make you retain water ?

Originally posted by Pitbull
    Pizza and Big Macs what about all the soduim , isn't it going to make you retain water ?
    You would think eating that stuff would, but it doesn't, i think it's because when you take Diuretics, your body is removing sodium at a very high rate and in turn the sodium in the food itself just makes the carb and fat load more effective as you need sodium in your lower intestine to properly absorb all the carb and carb up...XXL

Thread Information