livnnfit is offline Female Member

Protan/Water Retention

Does anybody know an easy way to get pro-tan off? I have tried srcubbing daily with a loffah and baking soda in a bath, but nothing seems to work? I'm going on holidays in a few days and I don't want to look like I have a skin disease.

Also does anybody know how to get rid of water retention from after a show besides the use of more diretics? I've never had such bad shin splints, swollen ankles and cramping?

letmein is offline Associate Member
    Drink lots of water until your body trusts you again. Also try green tea as a natural diuretic. I am 8 weeks since my show and still holding some extra water. I used Aldactone so the rebound was pretty harsh.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    If you come over here i will give you a sponge-bath...LOL...and we'll get that pro tan off in no time......................XXL

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    bump to suggestions on how to get the protan off.....my contest is in 11 days and I plan on using protan but would like to remove it as soon as possible after the show.....

D

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I found nothing worked too well for protan, took about 7-10 days before is was gone.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    For protan you have to use gasoline, just kidding. Try using that showergel that has the skin buffing crap in it. Feels like your washing with dirt but it works the best for me.

As for the diuretics you should have tappered off them. If the retention is still there in a few days try to take low dosages of aldactone like 25 mgs every 12 hours for a few days the cut it to 12.5 every twelve hours. That shoudl do the trick.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    For protan you have to use gasoline, just kidding. Try using that showergel that has the skin buffing crap in it. Feels like your washing with dirt but it works the best for me.

As for the diuretics you should have tappered off them. If the retention is still there in a few days try to take low dosages of aldactone like 25 mgs every 12 hours for a few days the cut it to 12.5 every twelve hours. That shoudl do the trick.
    Once again the Dr. is in the house and comes through with all the answers...

...so livnnfit, come on over i already have the showergel at home, so it'll save you buying some...and the sponge is all ready too......XXL

PWROF2 is offline New Member
    I get in the sauna and take a coarse cloth and plenty of dark towels. As the pores open up the protan comes out. Thats why its so hard to get off - it sinks into your pores. Jump out and shower off the surface tan and repeat the process.
    Water retention - I drink up to 4 litres of water a day after the comp and by about day four I am starting to deflate a bit. Getting back to clean food helps the body restabalise its normal funtions as well.

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    Thanks Guys - I just started dieting again after a three week lay off (including a 1 week all inclusive vacation eat/drink week) and I have already lost 10 pounds of water in 24 hours! Ankles are still a little swollen though.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

Thread Information