ARABIAN_FREAK is offline Junior Member

Question Is this the way to do it?

Hi all
    ok here is my plan 2 weeks out(the show is on saterday) of the show what do u think?
    am I missing anything?

ok on week 1 add sodium to my diet .
    Starting from thursday i cut the cardio out.

ok week2 :
    supplement with potassiume 1000-2000 g whole week
    double water intake from sunday to wednesday . cut it to 50% of normal intake on thursday and friday.
    carb deplete on sunday monday tuesday (increase sodiume while depleting). starting from 125g of carbs and cut it down by 50%
    so sunday 125g monday 60 gtuesday 30g.
    on depletion days double workout volume i.e. the sets.

Carb load on wed and thurs .
    dont train on wed and thurs.
    well what do u think?
    its not my first show , but its the first time ill prepare seriosely cause im entering the mens class im 19 and natural and ill be competing against guys who age 22 + and are are unnatural , who cares if i get my butt kicked atleast ill gain more experience .
    thx bros

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    look down into some post in this section I think you find a few things that are helpful. Only comment i would make is maintain sodium intake, go easy on K in fact don't really see a need to load on it, and keep water constant until friday. Then cut it to 1 galon all by about 5pm

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Why add sodium to your diet on week one? Why cut your cardio two weeks out? Why do you use potassium supplement? fucking with your electrolyte balance can really screw you up. could not only cause serious cramping, rebound water retention, it could throw your ass in a cardiac arrest. I would not increase sodium at all on sunday monday and tuesday, you should get enough sodium through the food your eating.

I think that it is counterproductive, unless you weigh 75lbs, to cut your carbs back to 30 grams, from what I read your plan is to drop them to 30g. If you follow that depletion process it is going to take you 6 days to carb back up completely. I would continue workout plan until the last two days of your depletion process, then on one day I would train pushing muscles, then on day two pulling muscles. I would not train legs 12 days prior.

This is just all my opinion, if this is your plan than I suggest that you stick to it, I'm just putting in my two cents. Maybe Mike and Silverfox have some more info for ya.

Good Luck

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I am with Dr.Derek here, why f*** around with sodium leave the electrolytes alone, because one you through them of balance your body will go into defense mechanism and hold water with sodium...i wouldn't go that low with carbs either 100gm a day is low enough for me...XXL

Ok bros thx
    one question though how many carbs do i need on loading days , and what kind(complex or sugars?)
    sorry for all the questions but im already panicing , what if i showup too small or what if i looked bloated !, damn , I think Ill settle with 4th
    Last edited by ARABIAN_FREAK; 10-17-2002 at 07:50 AM.

what is your bodyweight? That way we can give better idea on how many grams of carbs to load with. Let say our light heavy and are going to load the tradishon way, you would eat about 600g of carbs on Wed, with about 1/2 and 1/2 simple and complex, then about 400g on thrus complex depending on how you look and then 200 or so friday complete. Then a bit of fats in morning meal before show. However you may want to look over some of thread on fat loading.

OK bro
    sorry for that im 240lbs think ill compete at 228 - 235, dependong on how i look, im 6ft2 .
    Ill read over the fat loding thread, oh yeah just remembered , i go 6 or 7 days on 120 - 250 carbs then one day i jack up the carbs to about 500 or so , should i continue using that? since i have almost more than 2 weeks for the shoe.
    thx again brothers i know im being an ass with all these questions but im realy trien to do well
    peace

IF it's working yes keep going that route. I would add few more grams of carbs to the load then. about 100g on each day, again kinda have to go by feel, your better off a bit under than over. If you do spill over, bit of injectable lasix can take care of it, but that stuff is not to be messed around with too much.

PS - if you loaded enough you muscles should pump easy, just from posing your skin should feel tight.

Thread Information