toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member

Water retention?

Ok, this is my first time competing, and the dieting is coming along nicely. Last thing i want is to screw it up at the end after a long 10 weeks, because of a little mistake like water retention. All i need to make sure im completly dry is cut the water 18hrs before the prejudging???? How do i make sure im dry for the night show also? Is there any other little mistakes i should be worried about that could mess me up?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Look down in this section a bit further you 'll find what your looking for. Baicly, 1 galon on friday cutting off water around 5pm, then just few sips as needed, maybe 4-6oz sat morning depending on what your doing with carbs etc.

I read that and understood it. Cut the water at 5pm assuming prejudging is 11am. Im just worried this wont work for me, and il retain some water. Then il look like crap and not even wanna go out on stage.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    well if you cut your water too soon, your body will hold water, if you have to much can spill over, this is just a guideline you can follow, cutting water sooner is not always better. If your using some diaredics, that has affect too, as does your carb or fat loading. You should be looking very dry and ready well before you even cut your water.

So everyone on here agrees that sodium loading is not necessary? Should i still lower my sodium levels a few days earlier anyway? What diuretics should be used and what are they for? Id guess a diuretic would be used to get rid of excess water?

Also, any area holding a little area can be fixed with a little prep. H right? How exactly would it be used?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Hey Bro all of these issues have been addresed on here already, is it your first show...well if it is then it's live and learn Bro, we all went through all this dilama shit, and made it alright, go have fun and don't worry about shit, if you look bad, don't do the same thing again...and do it again, i tried sodium loading, i looked like shit, lesson learned NEVER sodium load...prep H just rub it on and rap your self with shrink rap (the rap you would put on the plate full of leftovers), keep it there for 4-6 hours that's what works for me, make sure it's water you are holding and not still a layer of fat, because that will not go away...

Diuretics range, from mild to very strong, and are used to treat high blood preassure, edema etc...
    I would go with Aldecton for your first time, start mon & tues @ 50mg/day, then go up to 75mg on wed & thurs, and then 100mg on friday...75mg on saturday...my 2 cents...

XXL

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Well you have asked the most important question involved in competition bodybuilding, water retention??????? It varies from BB to BB, as to what they need to do. I have seen people who drink right up until they step on stage and they come in dry, I have seen people cut thier water two days out and they come in dry. So I guess to be conservative on your first show cut it out some where in the middle, like 18-24 hours out. Just rememeber that your body needs some water while carb loading. If your able to hit in on your first show, you need to write a book because I have never seen anyone hit it on the head right off. Good luck with your show.

Peace
    Dr. D

No1 hits it on the head in their first comp? Great motivation.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by toopowerful4u
    No1 hits it on the head in their first comp? Great motivation.
    Sorry Bro but it's true, sometimes reallity hurts...i was ripped and dry at my first show, but flat, no muscle fullness what so ever, live and learn, second show i was full like a SOB, but holding water, third show tried sodium loading looked like total beg of shit, i didn't even want to go on stage, but i had a wicked routine so i did anyway, should have won the best poser...oh well...all of this does not mean you can't look good at your first show, it just won't be the best you can do and will do in the future...take ths sudgestions supplied here on the competative forum and you will make out great i am sure...i didn't have this forum for my first, second or third show...on my forth one i looked the best i have ever looked, i wasn't as lean as i hoped but the conditioning made up for it all...so good luck Bro, and kick some ass...XXL

berry is offline Associate Member
    go zero for 4 days , the last 3 days drink 1 l of water then have a diuretic the nite before,im weird to for getting rid of my water,if i cut it out i might rub out,im i start diuretics to soon ill also come in soft ,the best so far is drink some water dont cut it out to far out,dont drink the day of the show,and dont train nothing 3 to 4 days out , let the inflamation of youre workouts go away,put some pics on the post bro , all the best

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    i thought the mnore water you drink the less you retain .....so if i drink more than a gallon a day i will retain some water?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    That is true that water is a natural diuretic, buttttttttttttt when your trying to rid all the water that lays between the skin and your muscle it gets tricky.

Thread Information