toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member

Tanning and Coating Pro Tan???

Im new to compitition. Starting my first compititions at end of OCT and beginning of NOV. I have NO IDEA what to do with the tanning thing. I know i need a good base tan, thats not a problem. I know pro tan is the most widely used product, and makes you darker so im gonna use that. I need to know what to do with it. How many coats and when exactly? List times of day if possible and before/after showering. Y dont you apply it to your face, hands, feet, elbows, and knees?THANX

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Pro tan is ideal i think, if you start Friday morning put on as many coats as you need, i am very fair skinned so even with tanning i put on 5 coats, friday night shower after last coat has dried. The 1st coat only but VERY VERY light amount on kness, elbows, face, but that's IT, Sat AM put on another coat if you think you need it. I would recogment product called dream tan #2 for Sat. Am, one coat before you leave another before pre-judging. Shower after pre-judging and another coat of pro-tan before night show.

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    I'm very fair skinned so I start applying pro-tan on Thursday night after a shower(use a scrubber to remove dry skin) and then another coat on Friday. I apply Jan-Tana on top of the colour Friday night and Saturday. You can apply it lightly to knees and elbows, but I would use a dark powder matching you colour on you face. I shower after the colour on both Thursday and Friday and pat myslef dry to take off any excess colour. I do not shower the day of the show until it's over at night.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member
    Y dont you apply it to your face, hands, feet, elbows, and knees?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    just one very light coat on those areas othewise they go super dark due to skin.

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    I'm also very faired skined. I tan as much as possible.
    Then I use jan tana show tan for two coats. Showering off only the first coat. Next I use the jan tana competition tan. 1 coat Friday night
    then 1 coat Saturday moring before heading to the show. I have found after doing so many shows this works best for me.
    I didn't using pro tan because I needed like 6 coat and it is a bitch to clean off your body. The dream tan is so creamy I didn't like it.
    This being your first show I would still suggest the Pro tan route.
    Good Luck. I'll be on stage first thing in the morning.
    kdtl61

Thread Information