craig is offline New Member

competition help

I did my first show a couple weeks ago and did well. I know I have improvements to make and would like somne help. I plan on doing a few contests next year and want to plan now. I am currently 190 at 6'0 tall and about 10% bf. I was wondering if I should bulk over the winter or do a nice EQ, Deca , and winny cycle for some lean gains. Here are some pictures from 2 weeks before my show. Any help from some competitors would be great. Thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails competition help-camera-picture-4.mixture.jpg  

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    It depends on what you can put up with, can you stand being a little heavy? If so I am a firm believer in bulking cycles and adding quality mass. On the other hand I dont think that you can add the amounts of mass in the time frame if you are lean. Not saying you cant add mass while remaining relatively lean because you can, I just dont think you can do it as fast. IMO BULK OVER WINTER MONTHS

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    So, what weight did you compete at?
    If you are 190 now and 10% body fat you have alot of muscle to put on for a 6' tall guy. I'm 5' 7" and compete at 175 3 or 4%bf. I'm looking to take 18 months off from competing so I can put on some solid mass.
    I would suggest a big winter bulk cycle. 10 to 12 weeks.
    Using test and deca or eq. Calories must remain high 4000 to 5000 a day. This is just an est. With your height you need to be a heavy weight on stage. We are talking about 200 to 225 pounds cut up.
    So you have a way to go. You might want to skip one season of doing shows and keep your weight up for an extended period of time.

Good luck,
    k

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    KD is giving very good advice, take a year, and bulk up hard, add good base of test into your cycle and keep it there for 6 months min. You'll be surprise were you can get in year.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    "lean gains" is kind of an oxymoron

if you want to be big, freaky big, you have to gain some fat along with the muscle...take a break from doing a show for at least a full year

craig is offline New Member
    Thanks for the advice. I was 180 at contest time. I was 217 twelve weeks out. I lost too much muscle in the cutting process and will not let that happen again. I have done three previous cycles in the past and the last included d-bol, EQ, and enth. What kind of dosages do you recommend for this time and should I use different AAS or the same? I think I know but just want other opinions. As always, you guys (and gals) are the best. Thanks!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I would run a good base of test between 500mg, up to maybe 800-1000mg, cycle in other things like d-ball 4-5 weeks at a time and try to run something anabloic too, as long as you can afford too, say Deca or EQ, and EAT EAT EAT, you look to have good muscle bellies etc... so pound the food into you. I would guess 5-6K cals per day.

Thread Information