kdtl61 is offline Junior Member

My tune up show went well.

This thread is a follow up from my tread from last week about taking 25mg aldactone a day.
    OK if you follow the thread you will know I was trying to make middle weight 176 1/4 pounds. I started the aldactone on Wed. only used 25mg first day and then went to 37mg/split Thur, Fri and Sat. I started the week at 180 pounds and woke up Sat. morning and weigh 176 at home 7:00 am. Weigh in was 12:30. I made a breakfast pancake out of 5 oz flank steak, 1/2 cup oats, 5 egg white. Then I weigh it 12oz. I didn't start eating till 10:00 and made it last till11:00. I had 4 oz of water with the pancake. I steped on the scale at 12:45. It was eletronic and went right up to 176 and stopped. COOL.
    I sat down and enjoyed 4 cream filled donuts with 6 oz water. Later I was back on the tuna and broc. I only felt a rush from the sugar. Maybe I should have eaten 6 donuts. maybe I wan't depleted enough. I'm not so sure if it helped fill me out or not. I wasn't flat.
    The call outs went well 10 guys in my class. I ended up finishing 2nd to a guy gunning for the the show. He was ripped. No problem. I was only tuning up. When I step on stage in 2 weeks I'll be more like 173 to 174 and hard and graining only like us old guys get.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with the aldactone thing. Dr. D.
    I tapered the aldactone on Sunday. Today I'm at 180 and the water is
    flowing very well. In a few days all extra water should be gone.
    I'm back to 2 gallons a day. So I would have to say the rebound for me was no more then normal.
    Thanks again,
    Got to go,
    kdtl61

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    CONGRATS on the placing...and good luck for the next one...XXL

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Super job You all are killilng me with the donut stuff
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

RATM is offline Senior Member
    amen to that ann, congrats and good luck for the true show

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    congrats.....now let's see some pics....

I want to run something by you fellow competing BB.
    We all know very well what it is like trying to make it to show day.
    Money, training, diets, jobs & relationships etc. All the shit we put our selves through. Now lets say it's the day or two after the show. Your family and friends start asking how did you do? How did you place?
    My first hand example from this weekend.
    How did you do K? I placed 2nd out of 10 guys. The winner was ripped.
    O'h I'm sorry. I say 2nd was fair many had me in first but the judges had me 2nd no problem. But don't you always do really well? At this point I start to get a little short. Is second not doing well? Then I try to explain my reason for doing the show. Like I have to justify my 2nd place. To get my presentation down, see what my true weight was once I dried out. This way I know what to do for the next two weeks. So I can come in the best I can be.
    Get this, the guy I train with who also handles my diets got several e-mails yesterday with questions like: What happen to you boy K? Is he going to be ready in two weeks? Now that kind of trash talk does piss me off.
    After talking this all over with my wife last night I got everything off my chest. I'm going to turn all of this BS talk around and use it to fuel my work outs and my clean eating. So when I go up against these trash talkers they will be eating CROW. The last thing a competitive body builders should do is let his competition in his head. I learned this long ago.

Thanks to everyone for your help again last week.
    Tuna anyone?
    kdtl61

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well done! and don't worry about the ppl who said too bad you were second etc.. most or all of them have probably never completed and have NO idea what goes into the prep, i truly beleive nobody understand what you go though until they have done it themselves.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Good Job, 2nd is good. People talk shit no matter what, the better you get the more shit they talk, they are jealous. I live in a small state and people talk shit about me that I have never seen before, the only advice I can give you is to say Fuck'em. When you see them in the gym you politely walk between them in the mirror hit a double bi pose and smile., thinking who's better now.

Dont feel like you have to justify your placing to anyone, just tell them you expected to place 2nd and most people will congratulate you.

Anyway enough ranting, good job and good luck in the upcoming show.

Peace

Dr. D

Hey Dr. D, Thanks for your words of wisdom. You are so right. I broke into bodybuilding in the spring of 2000. Made a ton of friends. As I compete in more and more shows I realize everyone is gunning for me. I laugh because I'm going to be 41 this Oct. and these young studs just can deal with the old guy beating them. I wanted to also let you know where my weight is this morning. 178#. Sat. show day I was 176,
    Monday 180, tues. 179 and now today 178. I might have had less rebound on the low dose of aldactone then I would of 3 days on dandelion root. I only went to 37mg day. Then tapper Sunday morning with just 12.5 mg in the am. The best thing I did for myself was hitting the water hard Sun, mon etc.
    Now I just wonder if I sould go the 50mg a day route for the next show starting Wed. of the show week. mmmmm decisions to be made.
    I did run a full gallon up to Friday at 6:00. I could change that number to 3/4 gallon. Then leave the aldactone dose low.
    OK thanks for all your help on this topic.
    I'm looking forward to the Sept. 21st show. All of the Middle weight shit talkers will have wake up call when I smash them on shape, conditioning & presentation.

Thanks everyone for you help and praise,
    kdtl61

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I would follow Mike and Silverfoxes advise. 50 mg every 12 hours. However instead of bumping it to 75 mg in a single on dose friday I would continue to take 50 mg just increase the frequency to 8 hours.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Nothing wrong with 2nd...good job

Thread Information