MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER

For all that are competing...

Hey guys!!!
    The time is winding down for most of us getting ready for shows in the near future, I find that about 4-6 weeks out I usually hit a wall and have a hard time staying focused. I am just wondering what keeps you guy going, for me it’s knowing that someone else is getting ready for the same show I am, and they just might be training and/or dieting harder then me just so they can kick my ass. I can’t have any of that, so I just keep grinding my teeth and pushing forward. Well let's hear it, what keeps you guys motivated?

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    I'm also 5 weeks out from the Pittsburgh show may 4th.
    Last weekend my wife and I went to a local show just to get fired
    up a bit.
    I started competing spring 2000 at 38 years of age. Middle weight then 165. Did 3 shows that year and loved it.
    Last year I did 4 spring and 4 fall shows. Yes I'm a junkie for competing. Now I'm 40 years old and still compete in the open class and sometimes cross over into the masters.
    I train at home have for 10 years. Sundays I hook up with a bunch of studs and train legs together.
    I feel I must train smarter, eat cleaner, do more cardio then all of the young guys I'm up against. I have done very well at the 11 shows I've competed in. I feel most people are gunning for me that know me. That keeps me going. Plus the fact that I always question myself can I get back into that top shape again?
    I'm going to do 3 shows 3 weekends in a row this spring. Then off for 4 weeks and do the Jr. nationals just for fun and a little R&R with my wife in Chicago.

I have tons of questions I would love to ask all of you competing people. I'll save them for another thread.
    Good Luck in your up coming shows,
    kdtl61

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    What keeps me motivated is that I know that out there some where a person is doing just that little extra trying to kick my ass. I hate losing thats what keeps me going and it will probably end up killing me someday. I have only lost 1 show and that was to freddy bigot, the guy who just turned pro. I'm not tooting my horn but just saying I hate losing, period..... Everytime I get that cookie close to my mouth I picture losing and end up throwing it in the trash

toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member
    MY motivation... beat this. Two guys in MY gym training for the SAME show and the SAME division. And we are ALL very close.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    My motivation is that my best friend and i are about the same weight and will probably compete in a show together. i think i might actually be better but it always seems as if he is and i think he definitely gets more attention for his body which keeps me motivated cuz i would hate to lose to my best friend, i'd hear about it forever.

also when i'm doing cardio, i played against one of the best players in soccer in high school in the nation and i just remember how i couldn't keep up with him no matter how hard i tried, this just makes me run harder.

Thread Information