toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member

1 week! GOD im nervous, sum last minute advice please

Thinkin about this comp thats ONE week away is gettin me nervous and excited at the same time. My first competition. I know teen shows divisions arent a big deal, but it is to me. My first show. I got all kinds of things runnin through my head... am i gonna look small, am i gonna totally fuk up this carb loading, fat loading, water cutting (im following EXACTLY what mike wrote up on this forum). Im also worried i got a little extra fat .
    If im willing to scarafice a tiny bit of mass still, can i do cardio twice a day on the 4 days im carb depleting to maybe take the last bit off?
    If im using taxatone, what doseage do i use, and when do i start taking it? Do i take it after i cut my water at 5pm the day before the show?
    Is the chocolate bars, pizza, and stuff like that, that i was told to eat before stage time gonna have a big effect on my body? I got a second show 2 weeks later.

Ugghhh im goin nuts lol. I know its a learning experience and shouldnt expect to win, shouldnt worry about it, but im the most compedative person ul ever meet. I wanna win and will b disappointed if i dont. What if i look like crap compared to the other guys? This is nerve racking to say the least.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    a) Not much you can do last week, either your ready now or not. You body can't change that fast
    b) relax, everyone is mind fucked this close to show, stress will cause water rentention(raises corestroil levels)
    c) what you eat day of show will not affect condition too much.
    d) I would do no cardio last week, you legs will look better.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Cardio is out the last 5 days, sorry. You are where your going to be at, all you can work on now is hydration/dehydration. I dont really know about traxatone. Keep your plans the same and dont change them, that why you'll know what exactly to change the next time. It is all trial and error. Sometimes you nail it sometimes you dont.

Your telling me i cant even do 40mins of walking on monday and tuesday?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Don't do the cardio and stay calm, do not make last minute changes to your plan, for real, it will only mess you up...stick to theplana dn dial in...good luck mine is this saturday...XXL

I need luck......a lot of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Hey bud nevermind... you live and learn.. I would do things differently next time round. It is a learning experience.

As for the show... get out there and have fun... you earnt it. You have trained,... dieted,... you have earnt the right to get up there and show off your hard work. IT is not like you are doing a speech on something you dont really like. You are posing,... !

Plus everyshow that I have been to the crowd is sooooo awsome and supportive. My training partner competed yesterday and he came 2nd.... people were soooo supportive to him,.. people sayign well done. etc. I am not sure what peeopel are like in the US.

I know but so many things runnin through my head. Ill b embarrased as hell if i get last. What if im just not on the level as everyone else at the show? Are all the rounds repeated for the night show?(symmetry, mandatories, free posing) Any other last minute advice you can give me?

primodonna is offline Female Member
    You need to relax. You don't need stress right now...it can mess with your physique

Relax.... it is your time to show what you have created through hard work. Be proud.

ARABIAN_FREAK is offline Junior Member
    BRO
    Dont worry this is your first contest so its ok placing is not important as the experience you will gain!
    So what my first teen (at 17) competition I placed last I felt bad then again I felt proud that I actually competed ! The next teen show I did I got first easily (at 18) .
    Im currently almost 2weeks out of my contest but this time im going against men who are at least 22 yearolds and im gonna be 19 in 23rd october so what do u think I feel like?
    Goodluck in your contest bro and stay calm and optimistic.

Hey bud,... also just practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. That is the onll real way to get up there and rock the house.

Like AF said... you live and learn and grow. If you dont win come back next time in better condition. My training partner was to cocky and didnt prep enough before his comp, and he got second. I asked if if her was up set,.. he said no... he just wants to compete. The guy is addicted.

And to quote Mike_XXL "is not about the destination, instead it is all about the journey" I think it went something like that, but it was an very valid comment.

Thread Information