toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member

Few more questions regarding contest prep

I read an article that says the spill over from carb loading can leave you holding water since every 1g of carbs brings 2.8g of water with it. He suggests loading early and giving yourself time to dry out with the diuretic. What are your opinions and views on that?

Is niacin ok to talk along WITH hot stuff to insure vascularity? If you arent supposed to pump your legs, how do you bring out vascularity in them?

Is it ok to suppliment with potassium when using a diuretic (taraxatone) and lowering sodium slightly?
    Last edited by toopowerful4u; 10-29-2002 at 10:56 AM.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    niacin/hot stuff are ok together, but nascin just makes most guys red and sucks IMO.

Traditional carbs up, go that way you start on Wed, after you workout carbing up, eating most of carbs on wed, less on thrus, then friday depends on how your looking.

Yea, i started my carb up on thursday last time and think i spilled over which is the reason i KNOW i was retaining water.

Im gonna start start a day earlier as Silver recommended, and cut my water a few hours earlier as Mike recommended.

Gonna do a trial run with the Prep H, Niacin, and hot stuff to see how it works for me.

GOD this shit is harder than i thought. Second try coming up. How many times is it gonna take me to hit this on the head? lol

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    get it right, duno I am 0/2 so far. Takes a lot of experinmenting. I been reading some of Chad Nickous (sp) thoeries, he carbs them up starting wed, cuts water in 1/2 on thrus, then 1/2 again on friday. Highest carb day is Wed, coming from simple and complex carbs, say for 200lbs guy, 400 g complex on wed, plus 200g of simple, 400g complex on thrus, and maybe as low as 200g on friday, again depends on how you look /feel. uses plain bake potato's, oatmeal, and pie filling.

Cuttin water in 1/2 on thurs? I was drinkin 2 gallons up until i cut my water at 5 on friday last time lol. Including Friday.

That looks good to me. Water in half thurs, half Fri, and im still gonna cut it an hour early 4pm.

Im gonna fat load again, but to a lesser extent the night before, and big again the morning of.

Im gonna nail this sucker yet lol.

Thread Information