Thread: Anyone near by?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Anyone near by?

Ok ya'll hears a dumb question. I know that most of ya's that live in Texas live in Houston. But I was wondering if anyone lives near New Braunfels....in between San Antonio and Austin. I've been training now for about 10 years and the gym I go to there's about 3 of us that are serious lifters. Well I want to start getting serious about BBing. I'm looking to see if anyone here that might live close enough to train with perphaps. If not then I'll just be looking to ya'll that have show experience for some guideance. Thanks ya'll and just by reading these posts I'm learning something everyday.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'm a Houston bro, but i hit the river 3x a year so I'll definately shout at ya around spring time.

I thought there was another bro who posted he lived near there in a location thread a long time ago,or was that you?

Pheedno- it was probably me.......whenever you come to town give me a holler. I usually hat the damn tourists or as we locals call them terrorists LOL I can make an exception for my AR brothers! Sad to say I've lived here for over 12 years and only been down the river 3 times.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN

Pheedno- it was probably me.......whenever you come to town give me a holler. I usually hat the damn tourists or as we locals call them terrorists LOL I can make an exception for my AR brothers! Sad to say I've lived here for over 12 years and only been down the river 3 times.
    Terrorists LMAO
    Excellent, we always have a great time. If you don't know us, you probably hate us. We load up the kegs and cow products, crank the stereos and have a good'ole time.
    I can't believe you havn't gone more times than that. Thats probably my favorite place to go for vacation. It's cheap , relaxing, and so much; provided floods don't screw things. Fingers crossed this year, I got screwed out of 2 trips last summer.

I plan on making up for it this summer. My little girl should be big enough to take her down it. I used to sit on the banks and use the kid next door's bb gun and pop people's tubes as they floated by. (For all those responsible folks out there) I did make sure no one was injured. If the rains don't get any worse the way the river is flowing right now it should be a hell of a ride this summer!

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I used to sit on the banks and use the kid next door's bb gun and pop people's tubes as they floated by. (For all those responsible folks out there) I did make sure no one was injured.
    Holy shit I dont know how many of the locals take part in that but that happened to my friend a couple years ago. We had started drinking at like 9am so we were all shitty and it was pretty funny. I always pair up with someone and get a 4man for us and the cooler. If I fall out then I don't have to worry about loosing my tube.
    Man, just talking about it makes me want to load up the truck.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pheedno
    [B]

Holy shit I dont know how many of the locals take part in that but that happened to my friend a couple years ago.

It wasn't me.....honest! I've recently just started that. I do know what you mean though, I'm itching to have some fun this summer!

BIG R is offline Member
    Tex,

I will be in the Area that you are soon. I have several competitions under my belt and have achieved open level with a national qualification. I will be in Wimberly and BeeCave filming a movie named The Alamo. I will need a place to train at there close by. Who knows maybe you can help me out getting to a good gym. HOw close are you to these locations?

R

BIG R- Wimberly is about a 20-40 minute drive, depending on where exactly in Winberly, as for BeeCave, not sure, I've heard of it just never been there. i know several good gyms in the area. you'll be filming a movie huh.......need any extra's....just kidding. Just let me know when you'll be in the area and I'll get with ya on some gyms.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i live in austin. But i love to hit the river every chance i get. ill probably be down there and at schiletterbahn when it gets warmer out.

symatech- Oh, you're one of those!!!! Just kidding, i like the river too but Schlitterbahn's a different story. In all honesty I can't stand the place.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    The last time i went i was trippin on lsd. it was soooooooo fun I cant even describe. But i havent been in awhile now. Im not a schilletbahn addict or anything, (infact ive only been 4 times) but i still have fun there.

Thread Information