RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Picking a first show.

OK,I was looking to do my first Comp last year but I had a few personal setbacks. Now I've had some good gains and I feel I will be completely ready by mid summer. I could probably do it sooner but I wanna do it right. I've been looking at the shows available in California and I saw a few that looked good. I wanna make sure I get in the right competition after all this damn work and would appreciate any suggestions anyone had. Last year I was gonna do the Boarder classic but like I said I was not ready. I might just wait and do that this year but there are many others being this is a great state for bodybuilding. Anyone have a good amateur competitions to recommend in So Cal? I just don't want my first show to be a disappointment.

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    Here is a great site for a complete 2003 contest schedule by state and organization. It is a drug-free calendar, however.

http://www.ocbbodybuilding.com/id77.htm

Hope this helps,
    D

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same situation as Ron except i'm in michigan. Only difference is i want to compete as a teen cuz i don't want to get spanked by the veterans. If anyone knows a good one around here in the summer, pm me.

RON
    Originally posted by dam225
    Here is a great site for a complete 2003 contest schedule by state and organization. It is a drug-free calendar, however.

http://www.ocbbodybuilding.com/id77.htm

Hope this helps,
    D
    Thanks bro. I've seen all the schedules. I was looking for some info on which one too choose.

saboudian, I've got some links for US an Canadian schedules somewhere. I'll post them when I can find where I put them

primodonna is offline Female Member
    I didn't check the schedule but i know this...

The Cal is a huge, very competitive show. Sort of like a mini-jr nationals

The LA Classic (I believe it is always a week before the USA's) is big as well because many guys are trying to qualify for nationals

The Border States is smaller than both and from what I hear, has a much larger range of physiques

Of course you never know who is going to show up, but IMO, these are very safe assumptions
    Last edited by primodonna; 01-07-2003 at 03:51 PM.

RON
    Thanks Primo Thats just what I was lookin for

Thread Information