01-13-2003, 06:31 AM #1
**First time competitor need serious help**
I'm thinking of possibly doing a show this year but it seems so complicated and so many things to know. My q's are
1. What percenatge should i split my protein/carbs/fat into? I was thinking 50/20/30 pro/carb/fat
2. How should i increase my cardio from week to weeks?
3.What supplements would be good to use other than vits and mins and whey protein etc?
4. I read that you should carb up once a week to shock you're motab back to being fast. Is this true because i don't see many people do it?
5. How do i cut out sodium and lower my carbs the last week before the show?
6. What foods would be best to eat when carbing up hi GI or low GI ?
7. What is an effective tan-lotion and what are those creams the pros use right before a show that make them go even darker?
8. Is it better to wax or shave? How do you get rid of arse hair?
9. Does anyone know any decent low fat, low carb recipies. What are the best ways to cook chicken and turkey so that they are not bone dry.
10. What would be the best food to eat the day of the show and how much water should i drink.
01-13-2003, 01:58 PM #2
can anyone help?
01-13-2003, 08:57 PM #3
I don't mean to be a prick here but if you spend a little bit of time in this forum you will find all the answers to these questions because i already typed them atleast 5 times, so please spend a little time, i am sure it will answer your general questions and then you can ask the specifics...good luck & enjoy reading...XXLSOURCE CHECKS ONLY FOR USERS WITH OVER 100 POSTS.
All of the Statements made by Mr. Mike_XXL are purely fictional and have absolutely no merit and are not meant to cure, prevent or diagnose any disease, please consult your Physician before starting any exercise and supplement regiment.
Canadian proud, Northern muscle baby!
01-14-2003, 03:57 AM #4
Ok to be honest with you i do know most of the basics but i don't know some of the little things that count. I was going to do a 50/20/30 pro/carb/fat diet with one high carb day a week to stop my motab from slowing down and catabolism. These are the things i'm really stuck on:
Why stop training legs 2 weeks out?
What would be the best food to eat the day of the show?
Would it best best to carb up on high gi then low gi carbs?
01-14-2003, 04:57 AM #5
check out cnpltd.com and go to the diets sections John Hodgeson, who IMO is the only pro to match the condition of Dorian goes through a Pre-Contest Diet, Carb up and the day of the show, he is also mapping out his prep for the Iron Man 2003. And listen to Mike a little research goes a long way.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)