serv40 is offline New Member

Question about weight loss for Competition

I got tested today for bodyfat for the first time. I weigh 184 at 6.9%. The competition i want to do i heard the weight class for middle weight is cut off at 176. Would it be feasable for me to gain lets say 7-8 pounds of solid muscle and still get under 176 at around 4 percent body fat? Thanks for input

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    If those figures are correct it would give you approx. 171.3lbs of lean muscle. If you were to gain 7 lbs of lean muscle it would put you at 178.3lbs. Keep in mind this is with 0% bf. if you gained the 7lbs. and your bodyfat was 4% your weight would approx. be 185.4 lbs.Keep in mind you will lose water weight but if you gain the 7 lbs. I don't see you being able to compete in the middle weight class. This gives you a problem. First question.
    How far are you out of competition? If your close to competition and your proportions are good i wouldnt bother putting on more muscle. if you are far out of competition you can think about adding the muscle but you will be in the light heavyweight class.
    hope this helps, good luck

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Greeat advice Lmg2701...XXL

serv40 is offline New Member
    Its not until October 26. I For my first show I would most likely be skinny looking in the light heavy weights. Someone I was talking to at the gym who used to do shows says you lose some muscle trying to get to the 4% bf mark. I dont know I guess I will have to train through the summer to see where I stand. Thanks

Thread Information