Meee is offline Junior Member

Flat after posing?

I'm getting ready for a competition in 3 weeks.
    I find after 10 minutes of hard posing, I look really flat and what vascularity I have disappears. What is causing this, and what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen on stage?

I should mention I always pose after my workout so may be a little carb depleted at that time.

I weigh 235, 6', and I'm taking in 400g carbs per day, 240 pro , and little to no fat. All oatmeal and sweet potatoes low glycemic carbs. And mainly boiled chicken for proteins.

Any reply appreciated...
    Meee

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I herd taking some vanadyl sulfate will help with the vascularity. try it out and see how you feel
    also ala with all those carb meals or r-ala would be better for cutting
    abstrack@protonmail.com

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dude your three weeks out and you eat 400 c a day? More power to ya!! Man i eat 600 on my carb up day. Thats after 6 days of 150 tops.

Anyway My take is this. You are depelted some what after yoru training. And if you posed another time you would maybe avoid this. I can get pretty depleted myself and i dont lose much when posing. But i pose in the AM and lift in the PM. I notice when i walk in the gym and while i train i am pretty vascular, but after my workout is over i tend to actually lose some if i have been there to long training. That is my take. I say that strickly for those reasons that i experience. Good luck in your show.

Thanks people. I'll up some pics after I get some sent to me from my buddy's digital pic today. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm on track.

Meee

2- days to competition.
    I find I was looking flatter after posing after 5 minutes.
    Again though, that was after hard chest workout.

I am eating 400 - 500 carbs per day, sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, etc, and 280 protein.

Any criticism, comments welcome.
    Thanks

Meee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flat after posing?-posted-pic.jpg  

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Pictures look good. Kinda dark so i cannot see detail. But from whati see you look tight.

What do you think you are at BF% wise? I am done getting tested, everytime its different.

What kinda plan do you have for the final week??

No idea. I did a test with electricity of some type. Some $3000 dollar machine. Told me my bodyfat was 18.4%. You read that right - Eighteen!

Guess it's the same as the Health Canada BMI saying I am extremely obese. All tests for bodyfat seem to calculate weight and height only, and they are rediculous.

I am 6' tall and 235 in this pic.
    I was 229 weeks ago but cheat meals helped me out a bit as far as getting a few lbs back. I also upped my carbs by 70g per day and upped protein by 50 about 3 weeks ago also. I didn't feel comfortable coming in around 215 which is probably what would have happened if I didn't up calories a bit.

Thorazine is offline New Member
    I think you should focus more on conditioning, and less on weight.

Would you rather come in completely shredded, and maybe 10lbs lighter, or come in full and watery, with 10 extra lbs?

I guess it's up to you. I would still suggest cutting down. Your legs are looking kinda soft for 3 weeks out, imho. Perhaps it's just the lighting.

Thorazine

Thread Information