Originally posted by ann
    Results??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pete235-bump2.jpg  

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I think his show is in April...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Has he been on stage!? Pics bro pics!!!

BIG R is offline Member
    Pete we all wanna know what went down!!!!!

R

David B. is offline Member
    I do wish Pete would weigh in here. He used to seem to enjoy sharing his progress with us when he was bulking, but as soon as he started cutting he clammed up.

He has occasionally dropped a few hints that cutting made him irritable, and that he was losing more size than he would like. And for a period of one or two days last fall, he had a "skinny Pete" avatar with a shaved head and what looked like a 16" arm, but that went away quickly, when he started using the "Trailer Park Boys" avatar.

I dunno, maybe he's planning a big surprise for us, where he looks like a Canadian version of MikeXXL, or maybe he's shrunk down to nothing and is too embarrassed to admit it.

Either way, it would have been a lot more fun and instructive for the board if we had been along for the process. Anyway, I'm throwing down the gauntlett, I think he looks like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pete235-kayak4.jpg  

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by David B.
    Anyway, I'm throwing down the gauntlett, I think he looks like this:
    I can guarntee you that Pete has not withered away to nothing. If this is your try at a wise crack try again, I didn't find it funny the first time I read your post nor did I when I re-read it because I didn't believe that you had wrote that. I hope how I read your post wasn't the way you intended it to be read. I am sure Pete has a life other then here on AR and he is entiled to that!! Don't you think????
    Last edited by Shredz; 04-15-2003 at 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by Shredz

I can guarntee you that Pete has not withered away to nothing. If this is your try at a wise crack try again, I didn't find it funny the first time I read your post nor did I when I re-read it because I didn't believe that you had wrote that. I hope how I read your post wasn't the way you intended it to be read. I am sure Pete has a life other then here on AR and he is entiled to that!! Don't you think????

Maybe you need to calm down a little, I think you've overreacted. If you saw this as anything other than a friendly, good-natured prod to get Pete to speak up, then you took it the wrong way.

Oh, and you DO know who that is in the picture, don't you?

--dnb
    Last edited by David B.; 04-15-2003 at 04:42 PM.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Hey Bro, MIKE_XXL is Canadian....

Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Now, but aren't you originally from someplace east of the Iron Curtain?

--dnb

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pete235-bmup.jpg  

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    David B., no worries bro. I took it for what it was Shredzie...calm down my brother, I'm happy you got my back and all but I'm pretty sure Dave was just messin around That pic was taken 12 years ago in my competitive days. I was lean and muscular and I wish I still had abs like I did then, but trust me, I don't look anything like that anymore

Well I suppose I should nut up and let everybody know what happened. It took me this long to finally shell this out because I feel like a big talker who didn't back things up. So I write the following with a sense of humility. Bottom line is this, I mistimed my diet and underestimated how fast I could get into contest shape. I dieted for 4 months (3 months strict) and lost 42lbs (down to 205lbs) but I was still, in my estimation, about 15-20lbs out with 4 weeks left to the show (which was a week ago)...and it wasn't water. So with a heavy heart and a big feeling of self disappointment, I pulled the plug. Trust me it was not an easy decision and it was very hard to NOT feel like a failure. It took me about 3-4 days before I could even hold my head up and be proud that I had dropped that much weight. People remarked on how good I looked and said it was an amazing transformation, but that didn't matter to me in the least...see for me I didn't care about how much wieght I had lost, my goal was to compete and I didn't reach that goal...so in my mind I had failed. However, I've always believed that if you don't accomplish something the first time around, AND if you learn from it, then you have not failed. You've simply figured out how NOT to do things the next time around. I'm holding at between 215-220lbs at present, I've been off cycle for almost 2 months and strength is very much where it used to be. I have no intention of ballooning back up to 245-250lbs as I want to compete around 197lbs. I will be in Jamaica for a week and half starting tomorrow and when I get back I plan on dropping to 200lbs by July, at that time I will hit a cycle that looks like this:

weeks 1-4 thai pinkies (dbol ) 50mg/day
    weeks 1-5 test prop @ 500mg/week (prop is 250mg strength)
    weeks 1-10 ICN Galenika's (sust) @ 500mg/week
    weeks 5-10 fina @ 100mg/day
    finish with clomid 2 weeks after last shot of sust.
    nolvadex on hand

After that cycle has ended I will start my pre-contest diet (about 6 months out) and then will start a pre-contest stack in January of 2004. I have thought long and hard about this and I will devote the next entire year to competing...not 3 months, not 6 months, but the whole year. I will not fall short again.
    Last edited by Pete235; 04-16-2003 at 05:51 AM.

ireloaded9 is offline Junior Member
    better luck next time pete..you're a big man for letting all of us know...i'm sure you'll kick some ass next year..

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Are you sure? Rumor has it he's some kind of Russian Tennis Phenom.

Lots of rumor's about Mike though, it makes it hard to separate the man/myth/legend

demetri is offline Member

Thumbs up 42 lbs

42 lbs is a big accomplishment in itself.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the show but like you said you'll know for next year. Getting that weight down to where you want it is hard but I think you're being smart by not totally bulking up again. You'll get leaner easier and won't sacrifice as much muscle.

Good luck with the next attempt. Nothing wrong with not feeling ready this time around.

We learn from our mistakes bro. Good luck with the future!

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Maybe you need to calm down a little, I think you've overreacted. If you saw this as anything other than a friendly, good-natured prod to get Pete to speak up, then you took it the wrong way.

Oh, and you DO know who that is in the picture, don't you?

--dnb
    My Bad! I will always admit when I am wrong. Like I said in my above thread I hope I read it wrong. And I must have. Pete and I are good buds here and I thought you were flaming him. I did know that was a pic of him back in the day....like I said it was the way you wrote it and I read it. However no harm done I was simply looking out for a friend.

Originally posted by Shredz

My Bad! I will always admit when I am wrong. Like I said in my above thread I hope I read it wrong. And I must have. Pete and I are good buds here and I thought you were flaming him. I did know that was a pic of him back in the day....like I said it was the way you wrote it and I read it. However no harm done I was simply looking out for a friend.
    No problem. It must be nice to have friends to go to bat for you like that, Pete's a lucky guy. I was just trying to goad him into responding to Ann's thread. I guess it worked...

--dnb

Originally posted by Pete235

Well I suppose I should nut up and let everybody know what happened. It took me this long to finally shell this out because I feel like a big talker who didn't back things up. So I write the following with a sense of humility. Bottom line is this, I mistimed my diet and underestimated how fast I could get into contest shape.
    Pete:

Thanks for the response, and I'm sorry if I goaded you into something you weren't ready for.

You have no reason for humility, you've accomplished a great deal! Goals are arbitrary things, but our bodies are not, and we can't always make them do our bidding on our schedule. Experienced competitors can mis-time their diets, even after having done it umpteen times, this was your first attempt. Even if you didn't make your goals, you're a lot closer than you were. I wish I could dump 42 pounds. You may not be ready for the stage this time, but I bet you're ready for the beach...

Now how about a current lat spread pic?

--dnb

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    However, I've always believed that if you don't accomplish something the first time around, AND if you learn from it, then you have not failed. You've simply figured out how NOT to do things the next time around.
    Pete, I was in the same boat as you last summer, in terms of erroneously estimating and calculating the dieatary aspects of my prep and was forced to drop out of what would have been my first comp about ten days out if I recall. It took me quite a few months to come to the conclusion above, that you apparently came to in a matter of hours...kudos on the wisdom that will no doubt carry you to where you need to be for the next go around.

weeks 1-10 ICN Galenika's (sust) @ 500mg/week
    I thought the ICNs were enanthate , not sust., n'est-ce pas?

--dnb

I thought the ICNs were enanthate , not sust., n'est-ce pas?

--dnb
    Yes bro, you're correct...my bad...I was trying to decide between the ICN's and karachis (which are sust)...I typed too fast. Ulimately I decided to go with the single ester test.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Congrats on the accomplishments Pete! Yeah, you didn't quite get to where you wanted, but you still made a huge accomplishment and that in itself is impressive.

Have fun in Jamaica and tell Bert Hi!!

chinups Guest
    I don't see this as a step back but as a step forward pete. great job on what you have accomplised, you are just half way up the ladder that you want to climb, just look down and look at all the rungs you climbed past

Peace
    chins

. I will be in Jamaica for a week and half starting tomorrow
    Cool! Sounds like fun. Have a great trip.

--dnb

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    i'd like to see a pic of the new you. you were surely impressive before and im excited for the new pics

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Hey.....still luv ya Keep at it, you will meet success

Let me know how Jamaica was
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

BIG R is offline Member
    Pete,

I had the same thing happen to me last year!!! I got WAY too fat and it took me 4 months to get my fat ass in shape. I lost 40lbs and finally brought it to the stage after totally Fucking up the biggest show I ever enrolled for. I ended up peaking at a little non-nationally qualified show that didnt even matter......got good PICS. In retrospect I should have pulled out of the 1st competition to save face. I learned not to get too dam fat in the offseason. My bad.

Good luck in the future,
    R

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    Pete!

Good to see you back bro! I'm sorry the time with the diet and trying to get it exact didnt work. We both started around the same time, and neither of us reached our goals. I did not stick to my diet as much as I needed and your's was a lesser issue of timming. We both look better than ever, and can go to the beach and be happy (at least you at this point) And much like you, i'm starting my diet back next week, another 12 weeker, then after that i'm gonna hit a 19 week monster cycle....

200-205lbs @ or Under 10% WILL HAPPEN!!!

K'Fit

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member

42lb well done!!!

Well done Pete, 42lb is heaps to lose in 3 months.

Dont worry you'll kick ass next time, at least you're more sure of how to get into that kinda shape now.

Good luck next year mate.

Pete:

See you're back from Jamaica, when do we get to see holiday snaps of you and Bert with your new suntans?

--dnb

We actually didn't take a whole lot of pics Dave. We had a few disposable cameras for an album, but didn't bring a digital camera. This one was sent from one of the couples we met down there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pete235-jamaica-ar.jpg  

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

Thumbs up

looking lean from the limited view pete!!!

Lean and Mean Forum Moderator hehe, a new title...

We actually didn't take a whole lot of pics Dave. We had a few disposable cameras for an album, but didn't bring a digital camera.
    No his 'n hers lat spreads on the beach? Bummer!

All you have to do is ask for a PhotoCD when you get the film from the disposables developed, and you'll have high-quality scans.

--dnb

No his 'n hers lat spreads on the beach?
    Nope...no Charles Atlas beach poses for this fella Here is one more. I went back up to btween 217-220...when I was there I ate and drank eveything I could get me hands on and didn't step foot in the fitness center...afterall, that's what vacation is for
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pete235-water2.jpg  

Hehe pic #1 thumbs up

Hope you and the wife had a good time in Jamaica bro.

Nope...no Charles Atlas beach poses for this fella
    Lemme get this straight -- you're aspiring to be a competition bodybuilder, and you're not an exhibitionist? You're gonna have to get used to displaying yourself in public sometime...

--dnb

Lemme get this straight -- you're aspiring to be a competition bodybuilder, and you're not an exhibitionist?
    Valid point...but there is a time and a place. Sure I wear short sleeves at times but for the most part I stay covered up. Just ask my training partner. I usually wear sweats shirts and long pants when training...except leg day...I always wear shorts on leg days.

Valid point...but there is a time and a place. Sure I wear short sleeves at times but for the most part I stay covered up. Just ask my training partner. I usually wear sweats shirts and long pants when training...except leg day...I always wear shorts on leg days.
    For someone who prefers to stay covered up, there sure are a lot of pictures of you in sleeveless shirts over in the Members Pictures section...

--dnb

sorry, I'm gonna stop busting your chops now

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Pete, congrats on the tremendous weight lose over the past few months. Sorry to hear that you fell short on the comp bro. I know you wanted it pretty bad. Last year it was the shoulder, right?

Third time is a charm bro.

D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information