Thread: Just checking

youg'un is offline Associate Member

Just checking

I'm 9 weeks out right now. i have already been dieting 7 weeks
    i started at 5'9'' 211lbs 17%bf
    This is going to be my 2nd show. I am still going to be competing as a junior. i think i have learned alot since my last comp. last year i came down from 185 to 147 on stage. i felt really small and really flat i couldnt keep a pump if my life depended on it. anyways this year knowing how easy it is for me to cut up i have been neglecting my cardio and i have been cheating once a week. My only problem is i am feeling guilty for not following my guidlines. Right now i am at 180 lbs and i am probably at about 11% bf. Do you think that it is okay to have a cheat meal every week if your still losing weight? what about carb loading i think i want to give it a try this year. good idea or bad.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I always have a cheesless pizza with grilled chicken, mushrooms, sauce & tomatoes, i have this as long as i loosing weight (BF), however i always try to keep my cheat meal low in fat that's why i get my pizza without cheese...XXL

BIG R is offline Member
    Holy Shit Young'un that story you told was TOTALLY my story! I was almost a full 20lbs bigger for my 1st competition then I tried to get some striated glutes for my 2nd and ended up WAAAAAYYYYYY to little and could not even get a pump to save my life. Conditioning is so tought to figure out. I've got a bunch of pics on the internet of my 2001 competition then my 2002 competition.....I don't even look like the same man. The BIG difference was the diet. ITs all FOOD and how you change your diet as you get closer and closer. I found that I was not eating enough protien and totally getting rid of my carbs as a very bad Idea because muscle grow on sufficient carbs and protien. I went to Flank steak and Very lean meats measured out in (7.5oz) portions for some meals. You will need larger portions because you are a taller preson than I am. I ate Eggs like they were going out of style. Albumin (Egg White protien) protien is almost 97% absorbed and used by the body. I went 8 egg whites and two yolks with some meals.
    I used oats as my carbs and rice. Diet is the MOST complex thing to figure out......once you experiment with it it's almost like magic when you see the results.

I know that you are under the gun right now being 9wks (I have5 more weeks) out. Don't stress yourself the cortisol your own body will release will hinder your development. Mike XXL, Dr. D, PWRof2, and lots from AR helped me prepare for my '02 open level competition. Be happy to relay any information that was givin to me by the atheletes on AR.

R

glad im not alone. i dont really think that i should doubt my diet, i have a really good person doing it for me and he also does lots of other people in alberta. i just dont want to come in too lean thats all.

what is the most amount of muscle any of you have put on in a year? lean muscle. last year i competed at 147 this year i think i will be around 165 is that possible?

dangit is offline Member
    I competed at a bit under 164lbs last year and came in this year at 183 and I looked alot harder and just as low in bodyfat. I also broke my wrist in 3 places a month after the show last year, so I ended up loosing around 2-3 months of good upper body work. This gave me a chance to really hit my legs and I think that this is were the majority of my muscle went.

I think that the main reason I packed on alot of muscle was that I actually learned how to diet right and the importance of eating well when dieting for the first show. I used to only eat 3 times a day and half the time is was crap food. Now I know to eat 6 times a day and I make sure I get enough protein.

So I know it's possible to come in at 20lbs heavier a year later. Especially if you haven't hit your genetic potential.

yeah i think that legs are a really big aspect last year i hardly trained them because i thought they where already big. I was wrong when i competed they shriveled up this year i put 3inche on my quads so i think thats really going to help my chances,

Thread Information