sneeki_x is offline New Member

7 weeks out and a little worried

I am 7 weeks out from my first contest. I had my bodyfat checked by calipers by someone with a Doctorate in Kinesiology about a week ago. According to it I am 7% at 240lbs 6'0 at the moment. My current diet is one designed by Beverely International. They have me eating about 400g protein per day, no carbs, and about 60g fat with a carb up meal of 1.5 cups oats, 10oz sweet potatoe, 6oz banana every Monday and Thursday. I am afraid I am losing a lot of muscle with this program. My current cycle I am running is:
    test prop 100mg day
    test susp 100mg day
    EQ 100mg day
    TA 50mg day
    T3 40mcg day
    clen 120mcg day
    bromo 2.5mcg day

My training split is 4 on 1 off with 30 minutes of cardio after workouts. If you guys have any suggestions about the diet, training, or stack please post them as I have never done this before.
    Thanks

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    That's a little over 2000 calories a day, i eat about 2200-2400 calories while dieting and i am only a bit over 200lbs...so my ansver is yes you are probable loosing muscle on this diet...i would increase the fats by about another 60gm and that is hardly a carb up, i would say one full day of carbs at about 600-800gm in that day once a week...i do not like to step on other peoples toes, so i am unsure what else to tell you, good luck...XXL

Mike,

You are not stepping on my toes for sure bro! I have been reading post you make for months and highly respect your opinion. Any advice you give me I will take as the gosple truth.

PLEASE give me any other suggestions you might have Thanks for your time

Come on guys what do you think?

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I would say you need carbs bro! You could easily drop to 300 to 350 of prot per day and through in 100g carbs (which is till low for you) and probably have better workouts and stay a little fuller. ON carb up day that is to each is own but i would eat minimum of 500g carbs. I am now 7 1/2 weeks out from my show i am at, on average 325pro, 100c, 75f per day. I am 215 at about 8 to 9 % bf right now. BUt point is you need some carbs. If you were just leaning out an didnt train you wouldnt need them as much. Really if your like me, doing cardio twice a day, and lifting 4 days a week you will at least need enough carbs to get through your workout. I would say yes you are losing some muscle. I am sure if MikeXXL felt comfortable going against the folks who organized yoru diet he would say up the carbs as well. I go to him alot when i need help, and he hasnt steered me wrong yet. BUt i do know i am heavier then him and he gets shredded and actually eats more carbs then i do, and yoru heavier then me.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree w/ both mike and Powerliterjay, 100-200g of carbs on low days of course good carbs 400-600 at least 1x per week, protien in the 250-400g range fat between 80-100g, you can adjust if need, 7% at 7 weeks in on target.

2damax is offline New Member
    carbs are better then proT

BIG R is offline Member
    The mirror never lies.....POST a PIC to get some feeback from others who compete.

R

Thread Information