Meee is offline Junior Member

Post Competition Gains within a week?

I would love to see a bunch of posts to this question.
    I just did my first show at 236 lbs. Didn't place in the top 3, so awaiting final class placing. There were 8 heavyweights. When I get pics, I will post a few. Thanks to MikeXXL for his help through it all.

The QUESTION:

How much weight have people gained post competition within a few days and within a week or two. I am up 21 lbs in 3 days. I now weigh 257. My whole body is super tight like a piece of iron. I believe majority of it is water due to swelling in ankles, lower back pump with excruciating pain (probably not used to supporting the extra 20 yet). But still very lean and vascular.

Just looking to see how much weight others have gained, and how long the effects lasted, and what they did about it? Should I eat like a horse now and train heavy, or go back on somewhat of a controlled diet and let the effects fade?

Thanks all...
    Meee

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I have gained as much as 24 lbs in first 2 days and somewhere in the 30's in a week or two...i would eat like a horse for first 4 weks after the show, eat lots but try to keep it clean after that i would try to regain control of the diet...and no problem bro, anytime...XXL

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    i put on 30lbs two weeks after my last show. stretch marks every where feels nice to be heavy again though

dangit is offline Member
    I gained 17lbs in the first 3 days this time around. It's been 5 days now and I feel heavier still... I should go and weight myself.

I know what you mean about feel being bigger and swelled up. I had a ton of food that night after my competition (double whopper with cheese, french fries, tons of chocolate, bagels and of course a big protein shake). The next morning I woke up and I must have been at least 10lbs heavier and I looked super vascular, big and ripped. I almost wish I had eaten that double whopper the night before the show... Then again it could have seriously backfired on me and I could have looked like a balloon too.

Meee is offline Junior Member
    Well, two weekends ago I weighed in at 236 for competition. I believe I now topped out at 266. Thirty lbs. I did hit 270 but only for a day or so. Lower back pain is subsiding a bit so looking forward to hitting the gym again. I was off about 1.5 weeks due to not being able to move with my lower back pain...

Thanks all...
    I will post some pics as soon as I get them. I didn't place in top 3, not final placings in yet. But what a time....loved it...will be back...

Meee

Thread Information