primodonna is offline Female Member

Roll call for anyone who has competed before...

Reply to this thread so we get an idea of who's done what...

You don't have to name the show, but it would be helpful to hear about past experiences...especially what mistakes you have made as well as any secrets you may have

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I'm onboard doing two shows in the spring. Have competed several times in the past.

all local and regional shows

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

shows

Did 1st show last year, second one coming up in April. 1st show i was 2nd in LH, but looked bad, had some water problems, too much lasix too soon, and i rebounded, cut water bit too soon, hopefully i get it right this time, a lot trial and error as everyone is different.

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    Competed 1st show last year. ANBC (Drug Free), I have just recently jumped the fence from natural to enhanced. I plan on doing another show or shows this year. (Not in the ANBC) I palced 5th. out of 20 guys in men`s novice. I need help from some vets who have been into contest prep with contest cycles if anyone can help please PM me.

MsFit is offline Female Member
    I've been competing since 1995, 2-3 shows a year. Can you say BURNT!!?? My biggest mistake would have to be listening to too many people, combining too many techniques and opinions. Find one person and listen to them.

Things that work:
    Visualization
    Practice posing
    No cheating on diet
    Not missing workouts
    Constant change in diet to prevent plateau
    sacrificing

Nothing worth having comes easy.

Tips
    -Rub Preparation H on trouble spots the final week
    -Use a homemade or spa bodywrap week prior
    -Pop feet up against a wall Friday and Saturday of show
    -Don't intorduce new, unfamiliar carbs, to carb up on
    -Eat a few bites of a Snickers backstage for sugar rush
    -Eat fat Friday night and Saturday to harden up and create vasculairty
    -Have a diet coke handy back stage to guzzel after you win.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

Tmaxx is offline New Member
    been competing for the last 5 years 2 per year. Competed Natural, although I am getting ready to hit first cycle, not sure what I will do in the future. Won several shows, but got tired of getting beat by guys who cheat, one guy competed in april at 165 and soft and then in november at 185 shredded, WTF, he said "I ate more protein" I said your a fuckin liar. oh well.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Tmaxx
    one guy competed in april at 165 and soft and then in november at 185 shredded, WTF, he said "I ate more protein" I said your a fuckin liar. oh well.
    Well, he probably used Muscle Techs stack as well

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Tmaxx
    been competing for the last 5 years 2 per year. Competed Natural, although I am getting ready to hit first cycle, not sure what I will do in the future. Won several shows, but got tired of getting beat by guys who cheat, one guy competed in april at 165 and soft and then in november at 185 shredded, WTF, he said "I ate more protein" I said your a fuckin liar. oh well.

That is the exact reason I will not compete naturally again. The show I did there were guys up on stage that were so obvious it was unreal. But I have the common courtesy and respect for others not to b/s through a polygraph. Since I`m now enhanced I would not compete in any natural shows just out of respect for the sport. Tmaxx I know exactly what you mean bro.

I will third that sentiment verdeda/tmaxx...especially with women it is so obvious when you get beat (in a natural show) by someone who sounds like Barry White and whose 5 o'clock shadow is worse than your boyfriend's that they just bs'd their way through the poly...if they even took it at all

fit girl

Fitgirl gives good advice, don't listen to too many ppl, listen to your body, prep. H works good, seems to draw water out, i found it very good before you go tan.

Re: fit girl

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Fitgirl gives good advice, don't listen to too many ppl, listen to your body, prep. H works good, seems to draw water out, i found it very good before you go tan.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

It does piss me off when guys are cheating and it is obvious, however I have taken a lot of pride in beating myself everytime I comepete, I mean being better then I was last time. Adding 5 pounds a year drug free 3 years in a row was pretty good, especially at the level that I am at, I mean being at my natural potential. Trust me I know there is alot more growing to doin the years to come but I am tired of the lies in natural BB.

Biggest joke is "Musclemania, Natural BB Championship"

ooops

Sorry about messing up name...

I LMAO......It's ok, you had 'fit' in there.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

Yeah...be more careful next time ear_chocolate

hey

What can i say, but misspend youth. Short term memory is gone, can't even read post and remember the name correctly...LOL

Originally posted by Pete235
    Yeah...be more careful next time ear_chocolate
    You should talk Patricia165

Hey...that's my sisters name!! And who invited you anyways...Anna Var??

No...it was the Belle o' D-Bol

Well, when you're the Belle of d-bol you have to carry yourself with the grace and poise of a thoroughbred...equipoise .

That would be my evil twin sister... Equipoison Ivy

I once dated a girl named Diana...last name Bol

ok i am off topicing myself and not replying anymore to this thread

my apologies to the thread starter for going off topic...oh wait, that was me...never mind

Carry on, Master On

I'm afraid that if you and I keep getting off topic, it could result in our "suspension"

steelblazin is offline Junior Member

still goin'

i've competed in 5 shows this past 2 years, oops, make that 6 cuz i just did the nationals in ATL. i've won 3 overall and 2 first place divisions. the nationals i came in....well just say i placed well up there. after this show, it was obvious what the others were doing to get the size advantage over me. till this time i've competed natural..! i've done many before all this
    past experience is the best factor for future success.

-don't listen to your friends, they'll always tell you that you look good...it's the judges decision that counts
    -get a good nutritionist..he/she plans your meals so you don't have to do the brain work
    -you can get shredded without all that crazy carb crap that most people do..it only rebounds before your show!
    -use thiomucase the last few days you water deplete...it draws water from under the skin
    -just because you're natural doen't mean that you can't do well in shows...afterwards, you may re-think that!
    -don't try last minute changes in diet days before a show, you'll pay for it
    -pro-tan, then dream tan!!!

i forgot ...

just one more

-shave body hair at least 2 days before the show...any later and it causes the body to produce aldosterone. this hormone causes inflamation of the skin....WATER!!!! the body's response to irritation

Diet

steelblazin would like to hear, some of your diet theories, especially the carb thing, you didn't really say, low carbs, or normal amount but low GI index's, timming of carbs, ie none after 10 at night or whatever. Don't need to write out your diet, just interested.

2nd request for that info steel...

ok peeps.

for instance. your show is on a saturday. you would have your last high and low glycemic carbs on thursday before. from that point on, you just basically have your protein and fibrous vegetables for your meals till that friday before your show. you also need to keep the workouts doubled up on the reps and sets from like sunday to tues. then cut out all excess energy expenditure! that is if you have any left( lack of carbs)
    -then on friday you would eat your same protein source, just no vegetables at all. so basically you'd have 5 meals of just lean beef or chicken etc. your 6th meal would be all complex carbs that would fill out everything fast. see what i'm gettin at? you have basically killed all of your glycogen reserves from training so that when you finally get something in you system, it goes directly to the muscle tissue, not under the skin. hence the full and not watery look. the avatar you guys see there is really my back a day before all my shows...

just my diet views from working with one of the best in the business( name withheld for reasons)

Steel

What do you do for water intake and how much or a role if any do diuretics play in your final day of prep. how about food the day of the show.

Thanks in advance

Steel...your back looks sick... great job
    What happens here, stays here

thanks primo...!

water plays very much the role in coming in shredded. for example:
    the final week a show, you'd start doubling up your water intake from sunday-tues. wednesday, cut it by half and drink distilled water instead of tap( if your water tastes like shit like mine does, then nevermind!), thursday, it's down to a gallon of distilled, friday, half gallon of spring water. saturday the day of the show, you only drink enuff water to take supplements with. i don't use diuretics, but i did use taraxatone for shedding water. i also used a form of potassium loading that worked way too well.
    - day of show meals for me were very lean ground beef and sweet potatoes.
    - these are just a few ways to get the water down. when i'm backstage warming up, other people are passing out. there really is no need for the kind of water depletion most do for these. just play it smart...!

-steel-

water

Speaking from experince, i think your right about the water thing i cut too much too soon and it had reverse effect on me, and i was holding water instead of shedding it.

GymGryl is offline Female Member
    Enter 1 last year until plagued with injuries. Placed 4th in natural show. Thinking about crossing over. My mistake was not taking the diet seriously.

LI Ape is offline Junior Member
    I have been competing since 1996. My last show was October of 98. I am currently getting ready for the '02 Atalantic States under the watchfull eye of King Kamali.

I threw some updated pics in the members pics board

Iron Queen is offline Female Member
    Competed twice last year... won the overall and mw's... then won the mw's at a NQ. Will be doing national level shows this year for more experience and exposure.

--Iron Queen

Thread Information