dam225 is offline Associate Member

Creatine and competition

I was curious to hear everyone's precontest creatine schedule from about 8 weeks out until show time. Do you cut it out all together? Stop taking it with simple sugars? Stop taking it, only to reload the week before the show? If you do take it during the final week of prep, how does this work in with your water depletion in the last 24 hours? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

D

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    stop using it. I personally think too hard to load w/ creatine without holding extra water. In theory it shoudl work, but doesn't seem to.

BIG R is offline Member
    Creatine is our of my life a little more than 2 weeks out to be on the safe side. Re-Load creatine "HELL NO!" That could be a disaster right there! In the whole big picture of things Creatine plays a very small role in CONTEST prep. I love to use it in the off season when I could care less about water but if you plan to do a show.....CUT IT OUT FAST!

See Ya
    Big R.

eye_candy...thanks for the reply...

how far out should one stop using it 2, 4, 8, 12 weeks?

D

Big R,

Thats what I was thinking as well......my first show is coming in 9 weeks....I plan on dropping it around 3-4 weeks out....

D

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Originally posted by eye_candy
    stop using it. I personally think too hard to load w/ creatine without holding extra water. In theory it shoudl work, but doesn't seem to.
    I agree, been there done that, doesn't work for shit.

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by BIG R
    Creatine is our of my life a little more than 2 weeks out to be on the safe side. Re-Load <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> "HELL NO!" That could be a disaster right there! In the whole big picture of things Creatine plays a very small role in CONTEST prep. I love to use it in the off season when I could care less about water but if you plan to do a show.....CUT IT OUT FAST!

See Ya
    Big R.
    Anyone know how long you hold water after stopping creatine? I'm doing a show soon and was debating on when to stop. I was planning on cutting it out a couple of weeks before hand, I may go up to a week before hand.

Anyone have any more input on this?

Thread Information