Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Metalject

Thread: aas useage and competition testing

aviator1106 is offline New Member

Question aas useage and competition testing

Hey guys quick question
    Ive used aas in the past and had some friends talk to me about doing a competition. The show they want me to do is an npc event and ive been reading in some forums that they do random uas and polygraphs. My question is if i were to do the show and get a polygraph would my past use dq me off top or are you only dqed if u use aas to prep for the show. Also if i were to win and go to the national comp ill be tested for sure would i be dq ed for past use there or even further if i wanted to go pro. I guess really what im trying to say is have i already screwed my self out of being a competitive bodybuilder cuz of what ive done in my past or can i still compete if i stay natty during show prep. Thanks for the time and i look forward to ur replies.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    NPC shows are not drug tested at the local or national level.
    aviator1106 likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^^ this.
    You're thinking of "natural" shows. Just don't enter natural shows and you won't have any issues.
    aviator1106 likes this.

Thanks for the reply bro. I guess folks are putting out disinformation or more likely i mistook what they were saying. Maybe they were talking about natty shows. Lol shows u how much i know. I just wanna play by the rules and not waist a bunch of peoples time and more importantly my money prepin if i was gonna get screwed.
    My question still remains thou. Winners of natl npc comps do get tested because theyll represent team usa at world show. They have to follow ifbb testing rules which i actually read on the npc web site. Will past useage of aas **** me there or lets say i get my pro card would i still be able to compete or does ifbb pro comps have a natty and non natty division as well. Thanks for the time bro and info keep it comin please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    ^^^ this.
    You're thinking of "natural" shows. Just don't enter natural shows and you won't have any issues.
    Thanks for the time and info bro check out my reply to metalject (so i don have to retype it lol). Do u have any know that could answer those questions about ifbb testing or if i were to go pro. Thanks agian for the time bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    ^^^ this.
    Thanks for the time and info bro check out my reply to metalject (so i don have to retype it lol). Do u have any know that could answer those questions about ifbb testing or if i were to go pro. Thanks agian for the time bro.

Quote Originally Posted by aviator1106 View Post
    Thanks for the reply bro. I guess folks are putting out disinformation or more likely i mistook what they were saying. Maybe they were talking about natty shows. Lol shows u how much i know. I just wanna play by the rules and not waist a bunch of peoples time and more importantly my money prepin if i was gonna get screwed.
    My question still remains thou. Winners of natl npc comps do get tested because theyll represent team usa at world show. They have to follow ifbb testing rules which i actually read on the npc web site. Will past useage of aas **** me there or lets say i get my pro card would i still be able to compete or does ifbb pro comps have a natty and non natty division as well. Thanks for the time bro and info keep it comin please.
    NPC national shows are not tested at all nor is their a polygraph.
    Also, there is no team USA or world competition where amateurs from the U.S. go and compete outside the U.S.

The IFBB also does NOT drug test. They have drug tested the Olympia and Arnold a couple times years ago due to severe political pressure and they offered up a few (very few) sacrificial lambs but that's it. It's been years since an IFBB drug test or polygraph.

If anything, I'd say the use of gear in general is encouraged in the NPC. In the IFBB it's not encouraged or discouraged, it's simply a well-known necessity.

No Gear = No Bodybuilding
    aviator1106 likes this.

My man that was my thought also thanks bro a ton.

Next question do u think 4 months is enough time to prep for my first show
    6'0"
    205 (wanna get down to 198 for lower weight class instead of trying to bulk up to 225)
    12% body fat
    Plus clean diet info would be great as im kind of a "hard gainer" so right now i just feed my face. My goal weight is 250 but for this show im thinkin 198.

16wks is normally enough time to prep for a show unless you are tremendously out of shape. If you're in really good shape you might only need 8-12wks but 16 is always a safe bet and gives you plenty of time.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong...you're 205 at 12%BF, is that right? If so, no way you'll be 198lbs and contest ready. Think more like 180lbs. Contest ready is not lean with abs, it's ripped to the bone miserable.

Also, during show prep you lose weight, you won't be gaining weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    16wks is normally enough time to prep for a show unless you are tremendously out of shape. If you're in really good shape you might only need 8-12wks but 16 is always a safe bet and gives you plenty of time.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong...you're 205 at 12%BF, is that right? If so, no way you'll be 198lbs and contest ready. Think more like 180lbs. Contest ready is not lean with abs, it's ripped to the bone miserable.

Also, during show prep you lose weight, you won't be gaining weight.
    U read it right and in that case i may keep bulking till i hit my goal weight then work on getting shredded. Shredded at 180 for me is skin and bones lmao. Thanks a bunch fornthe advise and help metal i learned a lot from you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by aviator1106 View Post
    U read it right and in that case i may keep bulking till i hit my goal weight then work on getting shredded. Shredded at 180 for me is skin and bones lmao. Thanks a bunch fornthe advise and help metal i learned a lot from you bro.
    Take a look at these numbers.

If you're 205lbs at 12% BF, that means you carry 24.6lbs of BF, and that's if you're actually 12% BF and not just guessing like 99.9999999% of people do. Now to be in great contest shape you'll want to go down to at least the 5% range, meaning you need at least a 7% reduction. Now, during your weight loss the goal is always to maintain as much of your muscle tissue as you can, this is one of the primary reasons bodybuilders use gear when dieting and why it's so important when dieting for a show. However, even with the best diet in the world, when you start getting into extremely low levels of body fat some of your lean tissue is going to be at risk. A well-planned diet and stack will minimize this, but some loss (hopefully minimal) will occur. Then of course there's several pounds of water you'll lose while dieting and then shed at the end. Take all of those things into account and you can see how 198lbs is probably a bit unrealistic.

My advice, go ahead and diet and do the show. Don't worry about what you actually weigh. No one ever won a show because they weighed X amount. People win because of how they look. No one's going to ask you to step on a scale when you're on stage. Plus, as a bonus, you'll grow better after you diet. Works every single time.

Hell yeah bro i appreciate the info as always and the motivation. Ill go head and give it my best and try if nothing else the experiance of show prep and the competition it self will be worth it weight in gold. And for my bf i have a scale i stand on with wet feet. According to the instructions it sends an electrical signal threw the body and the time it take to go from one foot to the other it uses to determin fat percentage. Really though i need to get calipers those are the most accurate. Do u have any links or source info u could share reguarding a show prep diet that i could get myself on asap. Also for cardioi walk the neighbor hood at a fairly quick pace for an hour maybe a little longer five or 6 times a week ive read that this is best for fat burning and saving muscle mass. Any tips there or am i doin ok. Thanks again bro for all the help i really mean that. ill keep u posted with my progress and stats

Hell yeah bro i appreciate the info as always and the motivation. Ill go head and give it my best and try if nothing else the experiance of show prep and the competition it self will be worth it weight in gold. And for my bf i have a scale i stand on with wet feet. According to the instructions it sends an electrical signal threw the body and the time it take to go from one foot to the other it uses to determin fat percentage. Really though i need to get calipers those are the most accurate. Do u have any links or source info u could share reguarding a show prep diet that i could get myself on asap. Also for cardioi walk the neighbor hood at a fairly quick pace for an hour maybe a little longer five or 6 times a week ive read that this is best for fat burning and saving muscle mass. Any tips there or am i doin ok. Thanks again bro for all the help i really mean that. ill keep u posted with my progress and stats

Thread Information