Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Cutting diet question

Is it possible to lose muscle during contest prep if you're running gear and running clen ? I feel as I lowered my body fat that I'm lost muscle as well. My coach tells me I did not and it's all in my head. But I look so much smaller now. It doesn't help that people at work keep commenting about it. They comment about my face. I look like skeletor because I have no fat in my face, just skin and skull. Or they say silly things like "You're shrinking. Aren't you supposed to bulk up for bodybuilding." Do I appear to be so small because of the amount of carbs I'm eating? Only 2 cups of carbs a day. Cup of oatmeal at 7:30am and a cup of brown rice at 10am. That's my carbs for the day.

Served is offline Associate Member
    Too low on the carbs bro. You are probably way over depleted. how far out are you from your show? If you have been doing this for a long time it is possible that you have lost muscle. You need to increase your carbs depending on your body weight, goals, etc... I'm guessing you know what types of carbs to consume during precontest.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I agree with served, i keep my carbs in the 150-200gm per day just so i do not shrink like crazy while dieting...and it is possible to loose mucsle while dieting on gear and clen ...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Served
    Too low on the carbs bro. You are probably way over depleted. how far out are you from your show? If you have been doing this for a long time it is possible that you have lost muscle. You need to increase your carbs depending on your body weight, goals, etc... I'm guessing you know what types of carbs to consume during precontest.
    I am 2 weeks out. This is my first contest and my coach is a pro so I "assumed" he knows what he's talking about when he told me to drop my carbs so low. I asked him if they were too low and he keeps insisting it's not. I've asked him several times. He looks at me and tells me to keep doing cardio twice a day because I still have fat to lose on my upper hamstrings and butt. He wants my glutes striated, and the striations are coming in. But I've been arguing with him telling him how many inches I've lost on my quads and how much smaller I am and he keeps saying I am not losing muscle because of the gear and clen . "He says don't worry about it, let me worry. Everything will come together." But I just don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I agree with served, i keep my carbs in the 150-200gm per day just so i do not shrink like crazy while dieting...and it is possible to loose mucsle while dieting on gear and clen...XXL
    I agree. I've always been told this but he keeps insisting other wise and it's all in my head.

I took these today. 16 days out. Do I look depleted?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Check your PMs Carlos

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Carlos,
    I say stick with your trainer you have come this far. You look like you are dialing in nicely. Don't get a bunch of conflicting info now. He will carb you up. Just ask him to start carbing you up a full week out. I think this is important. You are depleted. cardio twice a day plus training etc. Trust me you are depleted. When the carbs start to come in you will fill out big time.
    You look fairly full and ripped. Stop listening to people at work. Hell yea you are smaller. We are always smaller. Tell them to come see you on the day of the show. You can show them then just how small you look when you hit the stage. How much weight have you dropped?
    Are you still training heavy? Have your lifts dropped real bad or just slightly?
    If you have the wheels to go with the upper body you will do fine. I shrink 30 pounds each time I diet. In cloths I look dams small. I'm a middle weight. When I get on stage I'm always the biggest middle weight there.
    You have trusted this guy for how long a few months. Don't bale on him now.
    Good Luck
    kdtl61

Quote Originally Posted by kdtl61
    Carlos,
    I say stick with your trainer you have come this far. You look like you are dialing in nicely. Don't get a bunch of conflicting info now. He will carb you up. Just ask him to start carbing you up a full week out. I think this is important. You are depleted. cardio twice a day plus training etc. Trust me you are depleted. When the carbs start to come in you will fill out big time.
    You look fairly full and ripped. Stop listening to people at work. Hell yea you are smaller. We are always smaller. Tell them to come see you on the day of the show. You can show them then just how small you look when you hit the stage. How much weight have you dropped?
    Are you still training heavy? Have your lifts dropped real bad or just slightly?
    If you have the wheels to go with the upper body you will do fine. I shrink 30 pounds each time I diet. In cloths I look dams small. I'm a middle weight. When I get on stage I'm always the biggest middle weight there.
    You have trusted this guy for how long a few months. Don't bale on him now.
    Good Luck
    kdtl61
    I hope you're right. This is my first contest so this is all new to me. I have dropped at least 20-25 pounds. He won't let me weigh myself but periodically I'd sneak on the scale and take a look. I stopped doing it because it kept screwing up my head. I'd freak out and say I'm getting to small. My back and chest strength has fallen slightly about 20 pounds, arms and legs strength significantly so I wonder if I lost a lot of muscle in my legs. I am still training heavy and more frequently in the past 2 weeks. And yes, I look **** small in cloths. My face has no fat so I think people look at my face and assume the rest of my body is as emaciated as my face. With a big winter coat on they must think I'm a sack of bones. I have a serious skeletor look going on. Some of my coworkers asked me if I was sick because my face is so shallow. LOL I said "No, it's contest prep."

At this point just follow what he is telling you , do not mix a couple of different way/systems into one, that is a sure way to fail...if you are working with him just listen to him only and as a matter of fact the next post you make here should be your after show pictures...that's it...you look right on target and your muscle bellies are still pretty full, so i do not think you look to depleted...keep going Bro and kick some ass....good luck...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    At this point just follow what he is telling you , do not mix a couple of different way/systems into one, that is a sure way to fail...if you are working with him just listen to him only and as a matter of fact the next post you make here should be your after show pictures...that's it...you look right on target and your muscle bellies are still pretty full, so i do not think you look to depleted...keep going Bro and kick some ass....good luck...XXL
    Thanks! I'll try my best!!!

Don't make me Bann you for 16 days

Troyboy is offline Associate Member
    Strength is a good indicator of muscle mass, it is likely that you lost some muscle but to me you are looking good, its hard to tell with nothing to compare to.

Go with what you are doing, learn your body and change what needs to be changed for next time!

BIG R is offline Member
    Carlos,

You are lucky that you didnt shrink too S*** ! I've made that same mistake in the past and needed to learn that hard lesson...........You still won........you ass!!! You totall Forest Gumped your way outta this one!

R

Thread Information