bones93 is offline Junior Member

first comp in about 1 year...opinion

Im currently 235@20% right now. I was looking for opinions if I should cut to about 10%..then bulk till 14 weeks out and then cut to get tready or should I take the next year and bulk up and put on some more weight. Reason I was looking at cutting first was so that I would have less to cut come contest time.....
    any opinions appreciated..

redrock is offline Member
    I would do a "clean" bulk until you are 14 weeks out. If you up the calories using good foods, you could train like a madman and put on some more size while staying at 20% or even dropping down a little. I wouldn't suggest cutting, then bulking then cutting for the compitition.

What are your stats? I believe that you can put on mass while SLOWLY shedding the fat. That's what I would suggest. The leaner you are at 14 weeks out, the better chance you will have of getting shredded for the show. REDROCK

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I would just do a practice run right now if you can. That way you can figure out what works and what doesn't before the show comes around.

So i'd say to give yourself 20 weeks or so right now to see how far you can cut down( its summer anyways) , then after that, just lean bulk until you need to start cuttin for the show. This will also give you an idea of how long it will take you to cut for your show.

bones93 is offline Junior Member
    I would kind of like to try for a clean trial but I was worried about coming in to small for the show.....If im 231 right now at 20% that means i would probably compete at 180-90 range? I just was worried about coming in small looking....Any more opinions appreciated....

Thread Information