Thread: new to site

loren is offline New Member

new to site

hi all new to this or any site or forum it just looked like a good place to get and give information I have not competed since 1999 injuries and life got in the way but after a year back in the gym im dead set to do it again I just love being on stage just looking forward to talking with every one im now 50 im 6" and 225 at 15 or 16 % with no strict diet two months into my cycle of hgh test and tren looking for any advice supplements and the gear has changed over the years I was away still dealing with a partially torn tri but just have to work around what is delt hope to get help and give help thanks

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gear really hasn't changed. All the same compounds pretty much make up the list. There are a lot of UG's that are always coming up with mixes and blends of multiple steroids in one bottle, I don't trust any of them.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I agree with Metalject, most of the compouds are the same with the exception of peptides that part of BBing has grown but meat and potatoes type cycles are still the king of the jungle...welcome to the forum...

mike xxl and metalject you are right im just not use to so many young guys that start lifting and go on a cycle I believe in build what you can then add to it kinda old school for say went to the Olympia in 2013 a friend competed for his first Olympia, the guys are just so big now it was amazing , one of the gyms I belong to here on the east coast has a lot of pros that train there men and women my last competition was for them in 1999 so it does motivate me as does talking with you young guys good luck to you both just trying to make a come back and this forum im hoping will be informative the gyms now are more understood and accepted not just a group of guys lifting weights I like the old type gyms but the sport is still one that gives so much to its competitors as a person you get out what you put in guess is what im trying to say again thanks to both of you hope to talk again thanks

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    mike xxl and metalject you are right im just not use to so many young guys that start lifting and go on a cycle I believe in build what you can then add to it kinda old school for say went to the Olympia in 2013 a friend competed for his first Olympia, the guys are just so big now it was amazing , one of the gyms I belong to here on the east coast has a lot of pros that train there men and women my last competition was for them in 1999 so it does motivate me as does talking with you young guys good luck to you both just trying to make a come back and this forum im hoping will be informative the gyms now are more understood and accepted not just a group of guys lifting weights I like the old type gyms but the sport is still one that gives so much to its competitors as a person you get out what you put in guess is what im trying to say again thanks to both of you hope to talk again thanks
    I've gone back and forth in my head regarding the argument that bodybuilders are too big and too freaky today, but if I'm honest I always end up on the side that they're not.
    The sport cannot regress and go back to smaller sizes that aren't as well conditioned as it was in the 60' and 70's. Don't misunderstand me, there were some great bodybuilders back then, but every sport evolves and progresses. And one of the primary ideas behind professional bodybuilding is to do what so few can. A lot of people like to say they prefer the Zane look and that's fine. When it comes to building your own physique, if that's what you like then go for it. But any sport has to evolve, become more difficult for the every day man to achieve or it just becomes boring. Let's face it, bodybuilding is already boring for most people but strutting out a bunch of guys that are in good shape and muscular that are identical to men you can find in your local gym, that's not professional bodybuilding...that's a meat head pageant at best. They should hand the winner a dozen red roses and a tiara, lol!

I do, however, agree that changes need to happen in bodybuilding. There needs to be a way to introduce excitement into the contest. I've probably thought of a hundred ideas over the years, most probably stink but there's bound to be a good one or two out there.

Back on gear, although the staples are still the same, overall there have been some moderate changes. Guys utilize AI's unlike they did in the past. Drugs like Cytadren are rarely used and instead anastrozole or letrozole . HGH has also become more important, largely due to it being more highly available than it used to be. I've said for a while, if you want to compete nationally and most certainly as a pro, if you're not willing to spend the money on HGH you're wasting your time. Insulin is another big factor, but I don't know enough about its use in your day to make a comparison.

The staples of the modern day bodybuilder:

Testosterone - usually basic cypionate , enanthate or propionate . Blends aren't as popular among competitors as they used to be.

Trenbolone - primarily acetate
    Masteron - primarily propionate
    Nandrolone - basic Deca Durabolin but NPP seems to have gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
    HGH - a must
    T3
    Diuretics of all sorts
    Anadrol - particularly before a show
    Halotestin - particularly before a show

Hits & Misses:

EQ - you don't hear of too many using it in the off-season. Some do if they're having trouble eating but it doesn't seem to help everyone that way. You hear of it in contest cycles more often, usually long contest cycles that have a lot of gear and are front-ended with EQ.

Anavar - expensive as crap, lot of fakes out there and it takes a lot to make a difference regarding the guys you're going up against.

Winstrol - the same as Anavar but with a much lower pricetag. Good for prep, worthless for off-season.

Proviron - some still use it but it isn't normally needed or even highly sought after.

Primobolan - can get expensive, a ton of fakes out there. Some guys swear by it but it's hit or miss

IGF-1 - this is one I'm torn on a bit. It can have good uses, really helps get past sticking points in growth but so many use it incorrectly or use low grade garbage. Good IGF-1 isn't cheap.

I've got some old cycle layouts that I could post that would make many vomit or piss their pants. I can already hear the tears flowing from those saying "think of the children!" LOL!

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post

I've gone back and forth in my head regarding the argument that bodybuilders are too big and too freaky today, but if I'm honest I always end up on the side that they're not.
    The sport cannot regress and go back to smaller sizes that aren't as well conditioned as it was in the 60' and 70's. Don't misunderstand me, there were some great bodybuilders back then, but every sport evolves and progresses. And one of the primary ideas behind professional bodybuilding is to do what so few can. A lot of people like to say they prefer the Zane look and that's fine. When it comes to building your own physique, if that's what you like then go for it. But any sport has to evolve, become more difficult for the every day man to achieve or it just becomes boring. Let's face it, bodybuilding is already boring for most people but strutting out a bunch of guys that are in good shape and muscular that are identical to men you can find in your local gym, that's not professional bodybuilding...that's a meat head pageant at best. They should hand the winner a dozen red roses and a tiara, lol!

I do, however, agree that changes need to happen in bodybuilding. There needs to be a way to introduce excitement into the contest. I've probably thought of a hundred ideas over the years, most probably stink but there's bound to be a good one or two out there.

Back on gear, although the staples are still the same, overall there have been some moderate changes. Guys utilize AI's unlike they did in the past. Drugs like Cytadren are rarely used and instead anastrozole or letrozole . HGH has also become more important, largely due to it being more highly available than it used to be. I've said for a while, if you want to compete nationally and most certainly as a pro, if you're not willing to spend the money on HGH you're wasting your time. Insulin is another big factor, but I don't know enough about its use in your day to make a comparison.

The staples of the modern day bodybuilder:

Testosterone - usually basic cypionate , enanthate or propionate . Blends aren't as popular among competitors as they used to be.

Trenbolone - primarily acetate
    Masteron - primarily propionate
    Nandrolone - basic Deca Durabolin but NPP seems to have gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
    HGH - a must
    T3
    Diuretics of all sorts
    Anadrol - particularly before a show
    Halotestin - particularly before a show

Hits & Misses:

EQ - you don't hear of too many using it in the off-season. Some do if they're having trouble eating but it doesn't seem to help everyone that way. You hear of it in contest cycles more often, usually long contest cycles that have a lot of gear and are front-ended with EQ.

Anavar - expensive as crap, lot of fakes out there and it takes a lot to make a difference regarding the guys you're going up against.

Winstrol - the same as Anavar but with a much lower pricetag. Good for prep, worthless for off-season.

Proviron - some still use it but it isn't normally needed or even highly sought after.

Primobolan - can get expensive, a ton of fakes out there. Some guys swear by it but it's hit or miss

IGF-1 - this is one I'm torn on a bit. It can have good uses, really helps get past sticking points in growth but so many use it incorrectly or use low grade garbage. Good IGF-1 isn't cheap.

I've got some old cycle layouts that I could post that would make many vomit or piss their pants. I can already hear the tears flowing from those saying "think of the children!" LOL!
    Wow! U nailed it bro. Thank u for this gem of a comment.

metalject I agree 100 % you go to body building shows to see freaks flat out monsters I see big guys where I train daily but to be over the top and cut is really a guy who knows what to use and train it is as you said big money to get to the pro level as I said my friend did his first Olympia in 2013 he is now truing to get bigger he is 310 lbs and looks good when you get to his level the sport and sponsors pay the bills by no means am I near that level nor ever will be but the amount of gear the guys take just to be big is crazy to harm your self and not compete I get competition is not for everyone but it is a reward for you effort and the abuse you put on to your body there is an older woman body builder at the same gym she is bigger than most guys but as you said the sport has made so many advances it cant go back that's probably why there is the mens physique class I say let all have at it and the judges will decide I go to the shows to see monsters I see big guys and women every day again thanks for talking you sound knowledgeable about the sport

tice1212 yes metalject did nail it 100% its nice to talk about the sport with men or women that appreciate it for what it is good luck to you and nice talking with you also.

I can not add much to what metalject already said other then genetic manipulation in regards to Myostatin gene, i have seen few guys make huge strides in their careers (if you want to call it that) manipulating myo-gen, that being said it is not cheap for the real deal and can cost thousands upon thousands per month...but 20 to 40lbs gains over few months use are no uncommon...it is a weird sport but i love it and i am glad to be part of it in the small part that i am...there is nothing wrong with being different and i prefer to stay away form the crown so its my thing...

mike xxl you are correct there is some kind of draw to the gym for some of us just a love of it I never go to squat or bench the most I always did it for my self to be better than I was the trophy is nice after the show but it sets the bar for me to do better than before as you said I do it for me it is weird but its something I probably will never give up part of my lay off was due to breaking 4 vertebra and had my neck fused I was 235 waiting to be on stage at 225 and days away from a state npc show doctors said I would be lucky to walk so I took a break and got back into it slow over the past 3 years im back at a regular basis and squat again also the doctors cant believe it im making gains back I was 240 off season im now older and under stand I may never get back to where I was but I just love the sport part of the come back my daughter also got into competition and started with bikini and is now training to move up to the next level but all in all as you said its for the love of the sport

Wow thats quite a story bro, sorry to hear about all your health troubles, but it looks like it is behind you now and its time to move forward, glad you are doing all better now and can look back at competitions...you will be back at it in no time and winning the trophies again...thats awesome that your daughter is competing as well, i have 3 and hope at least one of them takes after mom and dad and get involved in fitness industry...both me and my wife have competed me 7 times wife 16 or 18 shows in total, we are both itching again but something always seems to get in the way, i am hoping that this time around early next year its going down...well hang in there bro we are all here for you should you need any advice or support there are few real good guys around here that make it easier for all to reach their goals...enjoy the board and the forum...

thanks mike xxl you seem to be a nice and genuine good guy

Thank you! :-)

Thread Information