Thread: Vegetarian

up_and_coming is offline New Member

Vegetarian

Does anyone have a menu for someone who is a Vegetarian and want to eat gain mass and loss fat? Any help would be wonderful.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Re: Vegetarian

Originally posted by up_and_coming
    Does anyone have a menu for someone who is a Vegetarian and want to eat gain mass and loss fat? Any help would be wonderful.

Diesel-S.FL is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Whats the matter? Have you never heard of Bill Pearl? He was a vegetarian bodybuilder, who won Mr. Universe in 1971,(as a vegetarian) weighing in at 242 pounds, and stood at a height of 5'10"

up and coming heres a couple links that might help

http://www.vegetarianbodybuilder.com/

http://ksteveh.tripod.com/menu.html

I'm sorry, i forgot how easy it was to gain mass and lose fat at the same time, and being vegetarian makes that sooooooo much easier, you'll be on the olympia stage in no time.

And honestly, i know thats what bill pearl says, but i wouldn't beleive it until i talked to him and lived with him for a week while i watched over the refridgerator.

I don't recall him saying he wanted to lose fat and gain mass at the sametime, nor him saying he wanted to be on a stage.

He merely asked for a sample menu.
    Obviously in todays day and age a vegetarian bodybuilder may not be able to hang with the huge monsters, and if he did he'd have to be one dedicated and incredibly disciplined not to mention genetically gifted guy. But the point is that there are vegetarian bodybuilders, they may not be incredibly huge, but they are out there.

Well when someone says they want to "eat to gain mass AND fat". I assume that means at the same time, maybe its a misunderstanding, but i did not think it was.

I'm merely trying to get this vegetarian to do some research, then he would realize how difficult it is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, even if you're not a vegetarian. If he really wishes to make any progress at all, he is gonna have to be more educated than just about anyone else out there to make half the progress that a non-vegetarian can. This is why i alluded to the olympia reference.

I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but he will have to know twice as much and work twice as hard as the normal person to make the same progress. So if he's serious, i'm not going to tell him its going to be easy. I'm telling him that he has much work ahead of him and that he may not understand what he is getting himself into.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but he will have to know twice as much and work twice as hard as the normal person to make the same progress. So if he's serious, i'm not going to tell him its going to be easy. I'm telling him that he has much work ahead of him and that he may not understand what he is getting himself into.
    I completely agree!
    However, would it not have been easier to just say: "Up and Coming, it can be done, but it is going to require an incredible amount of work, dedication and research on your part and it won't be easy at all." Instead of responding with five little smilie guys laughing.
    After all he merely came for advice.

Ya i know, but i couldn't help myself.

decadbal is offline Banned
    hey im gonna say it, a vegan BBer will never win the big O, nor place high enough to do anything for vegans, you have to eat protein rich food, sure you can take protein, but you still need the food for your body.... and my ? is, are you a vegan, bc of your gf, or bc of how this generation has to be something, or bc you give a shit about animals, and if its the animal part, do you own any leather, drink milk, eat cheese and anything else, bc our society is rampid with hippocrits, im just wondering which you are. and if you wanna bea BBer, why dont u just say fuck the cows and eat up man, its so much better than salads....

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    lets not rank of the guy for his convictions but in all honest pill perl looked good but wasn't nearly good enough to compete at a state level in today;s society, he was juicing which helped get him bigger but to get big off off plants takes alot of gentics, but in contrast there is a recipe froum on this page you should check out not all for vegetarians but i am sure you can find some goodies

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    I think it is possible for a vegetarian to gain as much mass as a carnivore/omnivore. As long as they are a lacto-ovo vegetarian (eats milk and eggs), they can succeed and here is why:

Muscle hypertrophy requires an excess of protein from a variety of amino acids. The only difficulty a vegetarian will have is finding this variety since plant sources are often incomplete. As long as the vegetarian eats protein powder, he is set.

Its not where what you are eating comes from, it is WHAT you are eating that is important. Ronnie Coleman could do just as well if he were eating synthetic protein, synthetic fat, and synthetic carbohydrates. Provided he consumed adequate calories and protein, there would be no difference.

There is nothing unique about animal products. They just make the job easier.

Perhaps one of you could tell me why you need to eat meat to get huge.

-SF

Thread Information