usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Kevin Levrone taking time off...

Seen Levrone last night at a comp and damn did he look like a whale. He said he hasn't trained for the last 5 months and that he was sitting out for the next Mr.O He said he would be traveling back and forth to New York over the next yr to work on a few things he had going on outside of bb.

Although an hr before the show we caught him at the bar devouring cheese fries and throwing back a drink, he still managed to get his fat ass on stage. And of course his posedown was flawless.

~US~

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    That is completely mystifying. Why would a man in the last years of his career, following his best performance at the Olympia, not be doing the big O?

I hope that he reconsiders. Kevin is known for not being reliable with his quotes. It's 3 months out this week. He will wind up getting his act together and start his precontest routine.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Seen Levrone last night at a comp and damn did he look like a whale. He said he hasn't trained for the last 5 months and that he was sitting out for the next Mr.O He said he would be traveling back and forth to New York over the next yr to work on a few things he had going on outside of bb.

Although an hr before the show we caught him at the bar devouring cheese fries and throwing back a drink, he still managed to get his fat ass on stage. And of course his posedown was flawless.

~US~

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit that Levrone is the worst looking pro in the offseason, definitely looks bad. It does seem that more and more lately Kevin has lost his love for the sport.

But when its time to get on stage, he has the most beautiful physique at the O.

I definitely hope he does compete at the O. Would be a great show with coleman trying to defend against Cutler, Gunter, Ray, Levrone, Preist, and who knows who else, maybe Atwood will step it up this year.

_/maximus\_ is offline New Member
    Adding more pounds to body in offseason ok but not working in offseason is that normal?

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think his time is over, he hasnt really won any major contest, and hes entirly to arrogant for someone who hasnt proved they are up there with arnold, ronnie and so on. i think he should retire.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    decadbol, all do respect man, but Levrone has proven himself as being one of the best! I think he should have beaten ronnie this year, he just looked better than him. And he's been a top 3 guys for a while! And if I'm not mistaken he still has won some 20 odd events. That's not too shabby.
    As far as him not wanting to compete at the O, well I can easily understand not wanting to bust my ass and know that I'm not going to even get close. Especially with the Hoopla over Gunter????, Jay (legit) and Ronnie.

SID

decadbal is offline Banned

i hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    decadbol, all do respect man, but Levrone has proven himself as being one of the best! I think he should have beaten ronnie this year, he just looked better than him. And he's been a top 3 guys for a while! And if I'm not mistaken he still has won some 20 odd events. That's not too shabby.
    As far as him not wanting to compete at the O, well I can easily understand not wanting to bust my ass and know that I'm not going to even get close. Especially with the Hoopla over Gunter????, Jay (legit) and Ronnie.

SID
    hey i agree somewhat, but Gunter is better than levrone, hes not near jay, and jays not near ronnie, theres no way under the sun KL could have come close to be Ronnie in the past 5 years, not even when ronnie was bloated. if that happend, id never hit a weight again, levrone talks alot of shit, and when it comes to smaller contest, without ronnie, Jay, gunter, cormeir and a few other big names he wins, but hes not near ronnie is the man, no disrespect man, i just think KL is over rated, he is a top guy, but not the top, and bc of the past, i feel he has been kept in the top just bc of his name.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with ripsid!! Levrone has one of the best physiques out there. His is way more symertical than the other freaks!! kevin is da man!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Jus10 is offline New Member
    I think Kevin has it right. He does things he likes to do in the offseason and doesn't worry about training a whole lot (from my understanding) then when time comes for a show he obviously must work hard to get into shape do a show, grab a top 5 and repeat the whole cycle. Now alot of shows he looks great and maybe deserves to win but to think about the time he puts into bodybuilding year round and the time others spend he's got to be happy you'd think. There's other pros who bust theirs year round and sacrifice things I'm sure they'd like to do but may never place very high. I think Kevin has it pretty nice along with great genes. Just what I think.

Thread Information