Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL
  • 1 Post By SweepTheLegJohnny
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Bodybuilding cycle timing

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Bodybuilding cycle timing

I had a posting in another section however will try here. I use the traditional 12 week cycle however i can just barely fit in one bulking and one cutting cycle in a year with the proper off cycle time.
    I feel that there has to be some other timing that I can do to possibly get in two shorter bulking cycles and still accomplish a cutting cycle". I just do not know how to do it and produce the desired results because of my traditional thoughts.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's because you're thinking in terms of generic internet steroid user/gym rat. Guys post all this stuff as if it's gospel truth. Yes, time on equals time off is a decent approach, but guess what? No time on is a far healthier approach. If you're trying to compete and live that lifestyle, which I assume you are if you're in this section, then all the basic rules that recreational lifters follow sort of go out the window. And I use the word "recreational" very loosely, most competitors are recreational too, but the term is really the only way to distinguish the various groups.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    In other words the traditional kind of cycling is long gone for more often used cruise (250mg per week +/-) supplemented with blasting and pre show (cutter) cycle. basically all in.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    I think if one wants to compete must stay on forever, blasting and cruising . Cuz that time off equals to losing almost all the gains from time on(cycling)

I am about 18 weeks out from competition. I am thinking about a 5-6 week bulk cycle (sust' decca, mast) and then immediately a 10 week cutting cycle of tren bold, primo. Use some clen at the end for the final touches.
    This takes me out of my comfort zone because i have never cycled like this before ( go from bulk immediately to cutting).
    The objective is to pack on as much muscle as possible in the limited time and then cut to competition bf levels. I am an old timer trying to compete against the young ones so every little bit helps.
    The cycle is a recommendation that i received however I want to hear opinions before I start a cycle.
    MR-FQ320 likes this.

I would still run a test base for the contest cycle...i like dbol for bulker especially with test and dace, its meat and potatoes type of a cycle...i do not like clen at all for fat burner, it down regulates bate receptor too quick...

Yes, contest cycle would be test prop and hCG and an AI
    I did not understand why you do not like the clen .
    Also, i usually always use dbol on bulking but i was figuring that i did not want the water retention. Under the traditional method i never had to worry about it, but now i am going to want to shed the water fairly quickly. Maybe i am overthinking it.

If your beta-2 receptor is down regulated it effects your metabolic rate and you are no longer getting the benefit of higher rate of lipolysis form Clen . After about 2 weeks there is no more added benefit from using clen, then you cycle off and wait for beta receptor to up-regulate, why not just stay on ECA (or EC stack as i prefer) and enjoy the continued fat burning effect through out the whole prep. As a mater of fact i prefer T3 over clen even though it can be catabolic but not if anabolic state is enhanced.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    In other words the traditional kind of cycling is long gone for more often used cruise (250mg per week +/-) supplemented with blasting and pre show (cutter) cycle. basically all in.
    - Charger im surely not trying to hijack your OP(but it's very closely oriented)
    Being that im going to try and be getting down to sub 8% to see what I can work on etc and also, trying to establish my ROM for posing to finally get on stage...

Im in TRT and though I can blast and cruise I do go off my BW to see how long or when I can re-start my blast... I've always done well with 8-12wk cycles but am trying to get the prime done(depleting glycogen stores slowly over 6-8wks) then blast for 6wks or until my growth window closes...

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated(im stepping into unknown territory) Thx fellas

To go a bit further on Clen , also its based on lot of experience on myself as well as few stubborn clients who wouldnt listen...

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Yes, contest cycle would be test prop and hCG and an AI
    I did not understand why you do not like the clen.
    Also, i usually always use dbol on bulking but i was figuring that i did not want the water retention. Under the traditional method i never had to worry about it, but now i am going to want to shed the water fairly quickly. Maybe i am overthinking it.

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    To go a bit further on Clen, also its based on lot of experience on myself as well as few stubborn clients who wouldnt listen...
    I agree here. I used Clen to prep for several shows and hated it. I stopped seeing the results within a month of using it and that month wasn't fun. I'm very sensitive to it, it screwed up my sleep cycle, and it made training and dialing in my diet that much harder to do. I was already dragging ass because of the rigors of contest prep and the loss of decent sleep didn't help. Plus, I always had a rebound effect in terms of body-fat because of the down-regulation of those receptors. I'd stop taking it after the contest and my BF would shoot up 4-5%, even with easing myself back out of the contest prep diet. I never had many issues with an EC stack and it was just as effective.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    - Charger im surely not trying to hijack your OP(but it's very closely oriented) Being that im going to try and be getting down to sub 8% to see what I can work on etc and also, trying to establish my ROM for posing to finally get on stage... Im in TRT and though I can blast and cruise I do go off my BW to see how long or when I can re-start my blast... I've always done well with 8-12wk cycles but am trying to get the prime done(depleting glycogen stores slowly over 6-8wks) then blast for 6wks or until my growth window closes... Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated(im stepping into unknown territory) Thx fellas
    Nach3- you rock! I can also learn from the comments. I feel like a fish out of water with what i am trying.
    NACH3 likes this.

more often used cruise (250mg per week +/-) supplemented with blasting and pre show (cutter) cycle. basically all in.
    Do serious competitors really ever go as low as 250? Serious question here.

The ones i work with yes...i have a pro bber on as well as mr.universe qualified athlete among many national level guys in many many countries across the world.

Probably ditch the clen . I still have aproblem with using decca only 5-6 weeks. I am afraid that i will just begin to see the gains and then stop and lose them quickly. I was thinking on running decca for 10 weeks. I will probably lower my calories 10 weeks out though (after 6 weeks on decca).
    I have never used T3 and never used mast or primo so i do not want to mix in more than one new compound per cycle.

I would pick masterone over primo if i had to make a decision, yes Deca dose for 6 weeks is short time, i would aim at 10-12 weeks, but its not an ideal compound for cutting, dont get me wrong it can be used but just not ideal. Plus running it alone will bring potential erectile.

Thanks Mike.

Trying to put all of this together and make the cycle......
    Weeks 1-6 sust, mast. Got rid of deca
    Weeks 7-16 test, bold, primo, tren . Replace clen with anavar ?

Not sure if the recommendation was to change weeks 7-16 from primo to mast or not. The end of week 16 is the competition and another one the following week.

I would replace clen with ECY stack, and stop all oils 7-10 days out from the show. Run only orals or water based gear from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I would replace clen with ECY stack, and stop all oils 7-10 days out from the show. Run only orals or water based gear from that point on.
    Why stop the oils so far out? I normally would run them up to 3 days out. Does the ECY stack really work better than clen ?

I would say it works equally good but without the beta 2 receptor downregulation, thats the big problem, is that clen stops working real fast.

Stop oils to get the water out, also there is a fin balance between high androgens and water retention, got to got to have enough to be hard and dense but not too much to hold water from them. I like to stop all injections before the show, imagine getting a bad shot or infection 2 weeks out of the show, it could mean the show is over. is it worth the risk to throw away all the hard work this close to the show, and trust me at the end of the day the guy with less drugs in his system at the show looks better. All the PEDs cause strain on the body, which will cause number of biological responses and in turn will hold water as a result of cortisol...

Well, i ran sust, decca, and mast for 8 weeks. First time using mast. My muscles looked rock hard only gained 3kg. My diet dictated this.
    Now on prop, tren , primo and anavar . Thinking about adding winstrol oil. Should I remove the primo if i add winstrol? So far so good. I stopped cardio for two weeks to try and get my legs bigger. Maintained weight. I know that once i start cardio again, i will start losing weight under my present diet.
    Routine will now be circuits and daily cardio. 8 weeks to go! About 10% bf, but not worried. Trying not to lose it to fastlike previously.
    I have never trained or cycled like this before for competition, but previously i looked flat. I am also changing my bad dehydration methods used previously. Startied dehydration 5 days out.

Diffidently do not drop water or gradually reduce from 5 days out...i know a ton of top level guys now dont even use diuretics or use 12.5mr of dyazide morning of...lots of them keep sodium pretty high through out the prep as well...

The night before competition, i would drink a bottle of wine under my old method of dehydration. The increase in liquid would cause me to go to the bathroom and the alcohol would further dehydrate me.
    Do I still do this under the recommended dehydration program( one day before)?

Mike xxl- it worked! I was afraid to try something different, but I loaded with water and then cut off at the end. I felt so much better.... Up to the last day. At least it was not a full week of dehydration. Placed third!
    Needed more size to place higher. Preparation was right on.
    Going to compete this coming weekend but need to lose 10 lbs more. The weight categorias are screwed up. Everyone above 80 kg is in one category. I cannot compete with the monsters at 100 kg so i need to get down to 80 kg to be on an equal playing field. I hope that it is not too much.

Thread Information