bones93 is offline Junior Member

Feasible to lose 1% BF a week?

Is this realistic or a little too much? any helpp appreciated..
    Thanks

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Not realistic for many. Especialy if yoru over say 13%. If your in the single digits it may be easier. Reason is i know a guy here in my town who was ready in 6 weeks of dieting, and i would assume he was at 10% when he started and ended up at 4% ro so. So if he didnt lose 1% a week he came dam close.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends on your current weight and what 1% BF is for you. If it is 1-2lb then yes it is reasonable if it is like 6-7lb then hell no.

Pain

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would say it is deffinitly possible to loose 1% BF a week, let's look at it this way 200lbs bodybuilder, lost 2lbs in a week, that is 1%, i know i have no problem loosing 2lbs a week...however it also depends if you are using "supplements" if not some of the 2lbs lost might be muscle...XXL

bones93 is offline Junior Member
    I am currwntly at 20%...how long should it be taking me to take off one percent....Want to make sure Im on the right track.....
    Thanks

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry so much about %'s they will be different for everyone. Go for 1 - 2lbs of fat per week. Anything more will be muscle, your first week you should drop like 5 or more pounds mainly from water loss due exercise and a low cal/carb diet.

Pain

eggplant is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by painintheazz
    Don't worry so much about %'s they will be different for everyone. Go for 1 - 2lbs of fat per week. Anything more will be muscle, your first week you should drop like 5 or more pounds mainly from water loss due exercise and a low cal/carb diet.

Pain
    so in terms of really low carb diets..in this case the ckd..is it possible to lose more than 2lbs per week? excluding the first week..which are mainly water weight? And why are there so many success stories out there if it really cause a person to lose so much weight per week? Success stories as in retaining muscle mass.

peace,
    eggplant

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Besides the first week, you could lose more than 2lbs a week if you wanted to, but it would come at a high price(you would also lose some muscle).

Once you start losing more than 1% BF per week, you're in trouble, this likely means your body demands more energy than possible from breaking down fat at that moment and will start using protein(i.e break down muscle).

Example, when you go for a brisk walk, your body can easily meet the energy demands by using fat.

Once, you switch into a hi speed sprint, your body will begin to break down protein.

Same thing goes with your diet. Drastically decrease your calories for the week and you will begin to lose quite a bit of muscle with that fat. Gradually lower the calories and you should lose mostly fat, but will still lose some muscle but to a lesser degree.(You will always lose muscle however you diet down, unless you're on AS.)
    Last edited by saboudian; 07-06-2003 at 10:46 PM.

Thread Information