flight643 is offline Junior Member

How can you get placed in a magazine?

basically, my question is how does one go about getting into ads or any type of article in a magazine. I dont really care about how big the magazine is, im just trying to get an idea how i could place someone in a magazine. My friend is in pretty great shape and is trying to break into the magazine aspect of it all... Thanks for any help....
    Last edited by flight643; 07-17-2003 at 09:50 AM.

dgee is offline New Member
    The way I did it is probably not the normal or traditional way of doing it but in any case it worked for me and I didn't even try or want to be in a magazine or photo shoot.

Anyways, I basically just when to the Olympia (Vegas) and Arnold (Ohio) expo with a tank top on. And the editor of Muscle & Fitness approached me and said I have a good look and wanted me to e-mail him pics. Now I have a photo shoot in the end of August with Muscle & Fitness.

Two other photographers (separate times) approached me and wanted to do photo shoots with me also, so I also have a photo shoot coming up next weekend in Vegas at the USA's.

This other photographer said he would fly me to the photo shoot location and pay me $1000 bucks to do it.

Basically, if your friend is in that great of shape, all he needs to do is put himself out there in the industry whether it be at a bodybuilding expo or in a contest and they will come to him.

BIG R is offline Member
    dgee,

thats a cool story. Only I dont think that happens to everyone. You must be sharp looking in oerder to get the appention that you recieved from MF, they are picky on thier modles. I would like in also in this world. I've been doing the competitive thing for 4 years and need a break.....wanted to try something new.

R

Big R- Take a look at my rear double bi pic in the pic forum

BIG R is offline Member
    dgee,

That is very impressive! Symetrical and all! Good luck in August. I know lots of guys who would like to be in your shoes, including me. I've got a bunch of cool pics on the internet. Let me know if you want me to send the links. Tell me what you think.

R

Quote Originally Posted by BIG R
    dgee,

That is very impressive! Symetrical and all! Good luck in August. I know lots of guys who would like to be in your shoes, including me. I've got a bunch of cool pics on the internet. Let me know if you want me to send the links. Tell me what you think.

R
    Yes, send the links, I'd be interested in seeing the pics. How did you do in your comps of 4 years? Any National level comps?

Thread Information