musclehed275 is offline Junior Member

my comeback and pics!

hello bros!!! I know i posted a while back, and told my story, but i will briefly tell it again....Im 37yrs old....been competing at powerlifting/bb for 18yrs...I started out as a powerlifter, went as far as the nationals back in the 80's, recording best lifts of 825 sq, 525bench, 775 deadlift...at 275. mind you, this was in the 80's with the old cheesy blast bench shirts, and cotton squat suits! I trained and lived in tampa Florida, Moved back to my home town, after about 2 torn pecs, a torn quad, a slightly torn bicep, and many, many, back problems, and no more training partners, I figured I better give it a break and just train! I did this for about 2 years, couldnt stand not competing, and decided to do a show, well, I did shows for about 5 years, did very well, a couple of first places, never an over all. Well, I completely tore my patella tendon, my quad and knee cap rolled into my groin! Well, i was told heavy squatting was over! This is when ryan Kennelly moved to my town(800 bencher). he lit a fire under my ass, and I did some bench meets! I had to train with a knee brace, but I was happy, I WAS COMPETING AGAIN!!!!!! Well, I did well at bench meets, winning my class at the APA world bench press championships! Well, the same old injuries started coming back! I said, hell, Ill give doing a show another shot! And here I am! Im 1 1/2 weeks out! I posted some pics of me 4 weeks out...keep in mind, I have goofy shorts on, Im a little flat, just got done training and doing cardio, on a low carb day, but youll still get the idea..Im 5'10" Im 227 in the pics, right now im 221, and ready to go..Ill keep all you bros posted! To all you other bros, dont ever quit, and die hard! be an iron warrior!!!! www.geocities.com/musclehed275/fourweeksout.html

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Looking great Bro, good luck to you in 1-1/2 weeks...go kick some ass, i'll say you are ready to go...XXL

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Damn nice!

Captainutrition is offline Associate Member
    Excellent work my friend. Just got done competing with the help of Mr. XXL, so if he says you great, you look great.

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Why do all powerlifters look the same?
    baldheaded goatee superhuman bastards
    J/K
    Man u look awesome, Wide shoulders small waist
    unusual for powerlifting backround
    Great delts, ripped up wheels
    keep it up

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberto
    Why do all powerlifters look the same?
    baldheaded goatee superhuman bastards
    J/K
    Man u look awesome, Wide shoulders small waist
    unusual for powerlifting backround
    Great delts, ripped up wheels
    keep it up
    Thanks fellas!!!!! Umberto, its funny you say that about the powerlifters...I shaved my head and grew the goatee, not even realizing it was the powerlifting look, because i was out of that scene for so long...When I went to the bench for cash, to lift off for my buddy Ryan, I went into the warm-up room, and saw all the lifters, i walked out and thought, JEEZ, there were 50 me's in there..LOL That, for some reason, has become the fad for powerlifters! I was one of those pwerlifters, when done with the main lift, squat, bench or deads, would still do inclines, curls, chins, leg presses, and leg curls,etc... thats why I have symetry than most guys with powerlifting back grounds dont.. I used to take a lot of flack from the other lifters for it! But my defense was, im not only strong, but look strong! LOL When I did the APA bench press worlds, all the other lifters was teasing, saying, jeez, get out of here, your too pretty! LOL

RayL is offline Associate Member
    Lookin good. What show are you doing?

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayL
    Lookin good. What show are you doing?
    Good job bro! Really, especially after all those injuries! It had to be such a let down that you got such great progress in your lifts and then injury! Well, don't let it get you down and keep killing it! You look great!
    Also, how many cycles if any have you done? Just curious... and I couldn't imagine how you looked at 275, just fn huge bro!

SID!

Thread Information