Thread: contest tanning

bullett is offline New Member

contest tanning

I went to get my tanning supplies for my up coming show and was told that this year some of the judges are not liking the dream tan. Is this true and if so what is everyone using for there final coat?

Ironman77 is offline New Member
    Hey bro first off good luck on contest but as far as the judges not likeing a type of tan im not sure about that I think as long as the tan you use brings out the best in you then it doesnt matter what type you use. I have used protan 2 coats on thursday rinse off friday morning then used jan tan 2 coats over that and came out with real good color actually had boys backstage ask me what i had used. Like i say I think it is all in what looks best on you

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I used Protan for my base coats and used dreamtan for day of show. I really didn't end up liking the dreamtan all that much and will probably use jan tana next time. I beleive chad nichols had a column in MD a month or two ago where he said that dreamtan tends to take away some of your muscularity and i kinda agree with him. Of course he didn't say what he would recommend.

Either way i wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually though most people will use protan for their base coat. I don't know about jan tana, but dream tan comes off very easily, so if you had enough time to give it a trial run and see how it looks and if you don't like it then just shower it off, don't worry about the protan comin off, that stuff will take weeks to come off.
    Last edited by saboudian; 08-11-2003 at 07:52 PM.

Thats the truth it i think I am still scrapping the pro tan off from 2 months ago. hahaha

Brothers United
    Ironman

bullett is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman77
    Thats the truth it i think I am still scrapping the pro tan off from 2 months ago. hahaha

Brothers United
    Ironman
    Hey thanks I used 2 coats of pro tan on friday, 1 on saturday and then did 1 coat of dream tan saturday before prejudging and came in bronze/dark, but its been a couple of years since and I was told by a friend when I went to get my dream tan that the judges didnt like the dream tan, SO I think im going to go with the pro tan and the jan tanna.
    I just need it to be rite you no

Yeah I think yo will like the results. I did tan for about a month prior to using the tanning solutions. The first time i used the protan i didnt shower any of it off but I think it worked better the other times when i did rinse it off on friday before i added the jan tana

dangit is offline Member
    The dream tan they are probably talking about is the #1 which has gold crap in it. The people around here banded it this year.

I use dream tan #2 and it's freaking great. I love the stuff and swear by it. I came in at the morning show white as a ghost... A lot of poeple couldn't believe that I was going to compete and I put the stuff on like an hour before prejudging and I was just as dark as everyone else.

No stupid pre coats, no mess, no nothing. Plus it washes right off the same night... well 90% of it anyway.

Thread Information