Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

Cut down journal

Hey just wanted to post a journal up and keep track of progress and everyone else can look to. Started cutting diet yesterday and will diet for about 16 weeks.

Stats- 241 lbs. 22% bf
    arms 18.5
    legs 32
    waist 36
    chest 50

Target- 199 lbs. 4-7 bf
    arms... well we all hope for no loss but itll happen

ok the first week has gone good. still havent developed the pics. dropped an inch on the waist this week already, and ive dropped 3 lbs. ive been taking lipodrene as my fat burner. the first day i took 2 and my chest was hurting that night so i dropped the dose to 1 a day. im taking 5 grams creatine and 10 grams glutamine a day. im using animal pak for my multi and 10 grams omega-3's. im taking ZMA before bed. im rotating carbs 150,150,250,350,150,250,350. cardio 4x's a week also rotating 2 30 mins and 2 45 min. ill up the length of cardio next week. i do abs 3x's a week, 2 sets for 4 excercies, and every other body part 1x a week.

Its another week and the diet is still on track. I dont think ill have a GOOD cheat day till sometime next month. Some of my last season cutting clothes are starting to fit a little better. can tell im losing the BF already. Sorry still no pics developed I think im gonna wait and BLAM slap the before and afters down. Maybe ill take some xenadrin for a week and send in for a sponsor I freaked people out the other day doing good mornings with 245 on the bar. More veins are coming in now and starting to show through the legs. Arms are looking harder and chest also.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    keep it comming !

Kato is offline Member
    I can't comprehend how you can go a couple of months w/out a cheat day. That's some serious will! Great job...keep it up!!!

Kato

Ok sorry I havent updated more often. My workout on friday shocked my shoulders and for once I actually was sore 2 days later. I started with closegrip upright rows supersetted with front dumbbell raises. 4 sets pyramid up. Set one 135-20 reps, front raises 25's 10 reps. Set two 185-12 reps, fronts 25's 10 reps. Set three 205-10 reps, fronts 25's 10 reps. Set four 225-6 reps, fronts 25's 10 reps. Then I did wide grip uprights superset with side lateral raises. Set one 135-12 reps, side raises 25's 10 reps. Set two 155-10 reps, side raises 25's 10 reps, Set 3 175-8 reps, side raises 25's 10 reps. Set 4 195-6 reps, side raises 25's 10 reps. Then for the rear delt. Bent over dumbell raises superset with bent over cables. Set one 25's 15 reps, cables 2, for 10 reps (sorry the cables dont run on weight just a number). Set two 30's 12 reps, cables 2, 10 reps. Set three 35's 10 reps,cables 2,10 reps. Set four 40's 8 reps,cables 2, 10 reps. Try this one see how you like it 8)

Ok I weight saturady at 226 so ive dropped 15 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Its been a LONG weekend working some OT for 30 hrs this weekend 8(. I sat there and drooled over the cheetos rack they have in the back. but then I busted out an old flex with Coleman and DJ. That put me straight. Im going to have a cheat day on the 25th, its my wife and I's anniversary....so i guess I better take her out. For the last 2 months I've been averaging 80 work weeks. Ive been still getting 8 hrs sleep a day...just not really anytime at home. I make the best outta the time I have. I also have a goal I want to reach and I realize some things gotta give. NOT my family, but I think im gonna slow down at work. Just wanted to get some feelings out and O ya ever been REALLY pissed at your signifagent other? hehe

Told someone I'd post my leg workout I did today. I started with Leg extensions. Set 1-210 for 15 reps,Set 2-230 for 12 reps drop set 150 8 reps,Set 3-250 10 reps dbl drop set 170 6 reps..110 6 reps, Set 4-250 10 reps trip drop set 170 6 reps...110 8 reps...70 8 reps. Then I hobbled to the Smith machine for some lunges. 4 Sets with 315 12 reps. Then Hack squats 4 Sets pyramid up. Set 1-315 12 reps, Set 2-405 10 reps,Set 3-495 6 reps,Set4-495 6 reps...2 assisted after the 6. Then Seated Leg kickbacks. 4 Sets-130 12 reps... dbl drop sets 70 8 reps... 50 8 reps. Then I went to stiff-legs 4 Sets-245 12 reps. Then Calves and abs after Sorry for the back log this was thursdays leg workout.

Ok its monday and I didnt get to work out. I worked 30 hrs this weekend and got of at 6 am this mourning. I got up finally at 1 and had to be at work at 4. Ill kill it tomorrow but it wont hurt taking 1 day off outta 6 8). I take my sundays off. But the diet is staying strict and controlled so im good to go. My wifes starting to get the "all you think about is yourself" mood. shit i cant help it im cutting 8(. This is the 2nd year for comps and she did the same thing last year so o well. shell get over it. Gotta go get some more Glutamine tomorrow and prob. another tub of protein.

Ok its thursday so legs again. I got some more protein and Glutamine. I did extensions,hacks,squats for the quads. then for hams hit seated pullbacks.... and stiff-legs to finish it up. Calf extension and front raises for the calves. Sorry not writing the whole work out but the carb shortage is frying my brain *) I pushed it as I always do and is it weird that I can feel the fat burning? Tomorrow's shoulder day and next week will be my first cheat day.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Bro, you are kicking ass and taking names! Keep up the hard work, and if you need any help with the diet several guys on this board are very knowledgable.

Thanks but the diets doing its job for now. When im down to 6% BF then I'll need to tweak it a little. I weighed in at 221.8 today so its still going down. I used a hot tanning lotion today. Spicy carmel or something like that. Damn I sweated and turned red but now the reds gone down Im starting to get darker. I started tanning when I started cutting. Clears my skin up I think because now im paying more attention to it what with all the lotions and stuff. I'll post tomorrow's shoulder workout.... hoping my arms will fall off 8)

weighed 220.8 same time today. I worked shoulders and forearms and biceps. Unable to type so bear with me. Started with shoulder press. Cybex machine plate loaded. I had 4 plates on each side and pushed out 10 reps for 4 sets. I did front cable raises next 10 reps 4 sets. The I did machine rear-delt pullbacks 10 reps 4 sets. Then I went to biceps. Started with hammer curls DB's 40-60-70-70
    8-10 reps. Then conc. curls DB's 40's 4 sets 12 reps, last set a drop set to 25. Then I did cable High curls with a straight bar. Concetrates more on te inner head. 4 sets 10 reps. Then forearms. I started with over the bench wrist curls dropped with "towels". After 12 reps drop the weight and your training partner grips the ends of a towel and you rep out some more with resistance. Did 4 sets there. Then we have a bar with a rope on it with a anchor for wrist turns (wrap the length of the rope up). Did 4 sets there. And bam all done, was supposed to do cardio first but got to the gym a little late. Ill pull out 1 hr tomorrow on the eliptical.

ok its tuesday now and finished up a ab day and back day. Just cant wait for friday to roll around. MY CHEAT DAY!!!! o ya and my anniversary hehe. Still gonna do fridays shoulder and bicep workout just gonna go early after I eat some belgian waffles with strawberries and syrup. Some sausage and definetly some soda. Then later I got a BBQ to attend to 8) SAUSAGE!!! then later that night the fair is in town so its some cotton candy and Smoked turkey legs and Gyros. Think im gonna have some nachos before I go to bed. I better stop im drooling.

Alright another day another pound loss. I hoped on the stationary bike today and rode for 60 minutes. Heart rate=154 and after hit up forearms for 12 sets. 4 sets dumbell wrist curls. 4 sets standing cable pulls and 4 sets over the preacher front forearms pulls. I was hurting. Didnt have 50 cents for a pop so I got some sugar from the staff's coffee stash and poured some into my protein/creatine/glutamine cocktail. Dont ever do that, or I poured to much cause it was hard to handle 8) Almost cheat day and now Im dreaming about some food. Well Ill post tomorrow leg day. I got permission to haul some plates and a bar out to the parking lot ............. but its gonna be 100 out so i dont know. Ill prob still do it. Im crazy.

Wow incredible work bro!
    You are an insane mo fo... keep these updates coming they are very informative.

HP

O I also talked to someone today about going to the doctor's and getting a prescipt. for a diaretic for before the comp. They said I probably couldnt get on just for a comp. and I should really study up. They also said they show in UA's so I think Im gonna use taraxatone again this year.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Great shit bro. Keep it up. I love it.
    -Iowa Boy

Well its another day and I dont know. Had a fight with the misses and im kinda depressed now. Had a crappy anniversary on friday.,.. still worked out though 8). I skipped my thursday workout. Saturday I hit up cardio and then took my son to the fair after. Didnt cheat at the fair brought my own food and watched him eat and be happy. Now its sunday I didnt sleep last night and im sitting at work now for a 12 hr shift. Didnt bring any food with me so I had to cheat and eat the food here at the snack bar. To be honest I really gave the thought of lifting up. My wife really knows how to get to me and makes me feel kinda worthless. Sorry dont mean to dump on all of you reading. My friend got back from the field today (hes in USAF) and called to see if im working out after I get off. Told him I didnt know cause I've eaten like shit all day and I'm bummed out. If I dont hit it today I know ill get it hit on monday HARD!! and get the food back in me.

Well im a man of my word. I hit chest and tri's HARD monday. Today I ripped out back and abs. Diet is back on the T. weight was 219 today lost the 2 lbs I put on prob just dropped some water. Feeling like im cutting up just fine and people are starting to notice. "have you been cutting up?" Been getting darker from tanning also and I feel the veins coming out. abs are still hidden under a layer but i can see the top 4. Abs on my back are coming out and the cuts on the biceps are starting to come out also.

wednesday is my heavy cardio day. I did 1 hr on the eliptical machine. Im down to 217.6 lbs now so I know the diest going on track. Had to work 14 hrs today but im gonna go get 4-5 hrs sleep get up and hit legs HARDCORE!! 8)

ok I broke the GOLDEN RULE. I maxed out on legs today while im cutting. But only after 4 sets 8). It was just awesome to see everyone in the gym put there weights down and stand around to watch me squat 725 lbs. I only did it cause my wife wanted the T-shirts the gym gave out for the squat club. Im the only one with a 700 shirt. makes me feel kinda pumped. The rest of the workout went hard. I finished up with leg extensions/stiff legs/ and calves. really pushed it hard in the gym today. O ya did abs also..... cant leave those out.

That's incredible. Do you squat past parallel?

Nice work bro... keep posting!

HP

ya I went down to parallel for the max. Had 3 spotters and someone working there to call the squat. no need to go past parallel maxing out hell.... im not a powerlifter LOL

But what really sucks is I didnt wake up till 12:30 cause I worked a 14 hr shift yesterday and didnt get off till 6 am. Then I took a fat burner upon waking and got a protein shake in. Then I went and tanned and took my animal stak and then drank a ma-Hung drink. So my standing heart rate was like at 120 when I got to the gym. And not getting any solid food before my workout really SUCKED cause I felt like puking the whole time on top of my HR hitting 160 while working out. But I got a awesome workout so I was good to go.

Quite impressive. You're doing incredilbe work bro.

HP

K its been a couple of days since I posted. Worked chest and tris today weights still at 217. No FRIKKIN water and work. pissin me off I think im gonna rage 8)

Almost died of dehydration. j/ks... atleast I still have a sense of humor on this diet. I worked legs today and blasted them. Did 3 Sets extension with 2 towels under my knees to target more upper quad. Then I superseted hip sled with hack squats for 3 sets. Then hobbled over to abductors and inductors for 3 sets each. K then 4 set seated hamstrings. Then superset abs and calves. O YA WEIGHED IN AT 215....finally started dropping again after almost 2 weeks no loss.

Sorry havnet posted for a little bit. Diets going on key and training is still top knotch. I was at 214 today. worked out back and abs. I can see the lower line in abs coming in now..... and I have obliques 8) my quads are starting to get some noticable cuts in them now as well as my biceps. should be right on target for the show.

Had a good hour of cardio today. was tempted to bust up to 1 1/2 hrs. Also getting creative with the fish LOL tastes good with little bit of sweet relish. Also did 4 sets of DB shrugs. Weighed 212 today but that was after the cardio so Ill make sure to weigh in before workout tomorrow.

Also talk to the LT at the gym (military gym) and asked about getting some flag pants (my own) embroddering with MAFB Fitness Center. He said just check out the price and get back with him. Gotta represtent the gym you know. Also T-n-F said they'd sponsor me and my friend. free month tans and he's gonna pay our entry fee.

Wo 5 days since last post. Better catch up. ok the 14th did legs. Hamstrings first then quads and calves. 15th Shoulders and Biceps. 16th had to go outta town (SUCKED!!!!) but got some sweating done during work. 17th I did 30 mins cardio and abs. O ya did abs on leg day also. Today my training partner got back from the field and we busted some chest and tris and ran for 30 mins. weighed 210 today. !5-20 more lbs and Ill be ready for show. Abs are really noticable and striations in the chest are coming out. Im really tempted to just post the before pics to show off my bulking results. Im planning on hitting 270 next bulking season. hehe cant wait to EAT!!!!! sorry i was dreaming.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    700+ squat! Very nice bro!
    Props on the non cheating days, i belive in that too!

Ya my birthdays in 2 days and my sons on the 31st but im gonna stick clean. Gonna have a heavy carb day wednesday 300 grams, but ive been running 4 lows at 75 and 1 med at 150, so I need a 300. Ya I even put up 130 DB's today for 10 reps. I felt pumped.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Would you mind posting an actual sample diet from a random day, as well as your strategies with regards to cycling protein intake (if such a strategy exists) or any other day-to-day manipulation of marconutrients.

Meal 1: 2/3 cup oatmeal,6 egg whites 1 yolk, 3 oz turkey, 2 tbsp p.b., 2 teaspoon flax oil, animal stak (vits,min)
    Meal 2: 44 gram protein shake
    Meal 3: (pre-workout) 44 gram protein shake
    Meal 4: (post-workout) 44 gram protein shake, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    Meal 5: (1 Hr. post-workout) 8 oz. Fish, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccili, animal stak (vits, min)
    Meal 6: 8 oz. Chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 cup Broccili
    Meal 7: 44 oz. protein shake, 2 tbsp P.b.

I also cycle protein with the different carb days, more carbs = less protein, to keep the calories around the same.

Ok busted some back and abs out today. Started with deadlifts 4 sets, got up to 495 for 8 reps. O warmed up with light back extensions 2 sets. Then went to t-bar rows for 4 sets. Then we did 4 sets wide-grip pulldowns and followed it up with 2 sets heavy negatives. Then did 4 sets heavy back extensions. Then did abs, 4 exercises 2 sets each. After we posed for 20 minutes.

O ya went over to the new "Gold's" gym LOL what a joke. Me and my training partner walk in to see if we can get a back work-out, just in a different atmosphere. We walk up and im like "ya we wanted to check out the new "Gold's" here in town" and the girl says "are you a member to another gym?" remember were in full workout attire. short shorts and low t's hehe. "no". "are you looking to join up here?" so im like "well I just wanted to check the place out." "ok it'll be 8$" WOW i was like "total?" she says "no each". YA RIGHT!! so she gets the phone thats ringing and said "ill be right with you 2" cause we were just standing there in shock. "ya were gonna go workout for free" so we stroll outta there. Dont think ill ever go back there. Shit all they did was slap some t-shirts up and change the sign outside. wonder if they have a local web so I can trash them. sorry both me and my partner were pretty pissed they wouldnt give a free trial day. most places do. hehe shoulda told them we were planning on getting a 5 year membership. They probably woulda thrown in some free protein shakes LOL

Ok I didnt workout today, this cold kicked my ass. Toke a long day sleeping till 3 and got up got ready and now Im here at work. Actually had a belgian waffle with some syrup this morning and had a serving of chex mix bout 1 hr ago. Ive gotten my protein in today. It wont hurt for one day cause im under the weather. Ill hit legs on sat.

YAYA kicked my shoulders and biceps into HIGH gear today. also did abs. SHITTY news, I just found out im gonna have to do a show 1 week before expected. so the dates are sept 27/oct5/oct11. Hey if anyone is in seattle im gonna go try for the WFNA pro/am show. Thats why I gotta do the sept 27 show. a pre-qualifier for the pro part. Just hope im in shape for it. Anyone got good experience doing more than 2 shows back to back weekends PM me for some extra info please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information