Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rk713 is offline Junior Member

starting bodybuilding

Hey guys I just started really getting into bodybuilding. Ive been lifting weights for about one year now. I just turned 21 i am 5'7 , I started out at 185lbs and 28% body fat. Now I am at 195lbs and 14.4%body fat.I workout 6 days a week I know that sounds like alot but so far it works best for me. I work out chest, back, legs, shoulders,triceps,biceps, one muscle group a day. Eat roughly 3,500 cal a day give or take a few. Heres my split 60%carbs and 20%protein and 20%fat.In the last few months I started to get alot more serious about bodybuilding. It might sound weird but to me that comes first, I schedule everything else around the gym.If I go out and have a drink I feel bad because I keep thinking how earlier I just busted my ass in the gym. I have friends and family tell me that i need to calm down with the gym and have fun and enjoy my youth but this may sound stupid but that is my fun. I have my goal set and i have to achieve it. And everyone that says I cant do it I need to prove them wrong. Dont get me wrong I doing this for me but it will be nice when I see there faces after I proved them wrong.I really want to do competions I was wondering if anyone had some advice to help me get ready for them. Itll be a couple years but I want to grow and maybe yall can give me some advice on that. I would like to be 230 to 250lbs6% or so bodyfat. Do I need do get started with AS or does anyone think I can achieve this naturally. Now I am studying to be a trainer to. This is my lifestyle and want to do it for a career.There is those days very few but sometimes I feel like is it worth it, not going out and enjoying life now but then someone tells me your getting bigger and that thoughts outa my mind.I got made fun of in high school for being overweight and that i will never accomplish anything. I want to see there faces in seven years at our reunion when im massive and I am top trainer at my gym and a real bodybuilder and there all fat. I know that sounds stupid but its moti vation for me to. Know that i have rambeled on I wanted to thank anyone that has some advice on helping me achieve my goals.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    None of us got here cause we didn't love what we do.

My advice: Be thirsty for knowledge, you've come along way but you still have a long way to go. Read everything you can find.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You obviously love what you do, and that's awesome, so do we. You've come to the right place. As for your goals, my advice to you is to live in our diet, supplement, and workout forums, and ignore AS for a while now. That should be used when you've hit your genetic potential. One step at a time, and before you know it you'll be turnin heads. It actually inspires me to see how much dedication you've got, and I'm off to hit the gym myself. Use us, read through our forums, mistakes, and learn. Soak it up like a sponge. Best of luck to you.

Thanks guys for your responses.I am trying now to find someone to start training with. But no one I know will train like I do. They all go to the gym once or twice a week if that. I think it would help me to have someone to push me and help me get that last rep out. Thanks again guys.

gonnabehuge240 is offline New Member
    WOW good to here your getting your goals set bro. Sounds like you on the right track rambo gave some great advice. Just stay focused I don't havea work out partner anymore no one I know is as dedicated as I am right now I guess. Oh well just do your thing

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Same story

Quote Originally Posted by rk713
    Thanks guys for your responses.I am trying now to find someone to start training with. But no one I know will train like I do. They all go to the gym once or twice a week if that. I think it would help me to have someone to push me and help me get that last rep out. Thanks again guys.
    Your story sounds just like mine. I started lifting 2 years ago with the same problems. First I am 21 years old 5'7" 165lbs. I never really got made fun of in school because I played alot of sports but I was always referred to as the little guy. ( 130 lbs or less ) When I started lifting I completely turned my life around. I don't stay out late, I don't drink, smoke, or even eat alot of junk. I spend five days at the gym. I even drive an hour on Sunday to go. My whole family and girlfiend thought I was nuts. They told me I was too involved, I am not going anywhere with this. Well I started the ISSA personal training program a month ago, in two years I put on 35lbs of muscle, I am constantly reading books and biographys on body builders and body building. ( by the way I never read a book in high school, I was too lazy ) Everything I do revolves around the gym. My family and girlfriend came around after a while and now appreciate what I am doing. I also do powerlifting events, and when I take home a first my family is proud of me. I tellin you I wouldn't change my life for anybody and you shouldn't either.
    They will come around and realize that body building is not just a sport, IT'S A LIFE STYLE

- The only dreams that are impossible to reach are the ones you don't persue.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

yeah

Another thing, try to find that training partner. I took my training to another level when I got my partner about 8 months ago. We push each other to the limits. I have made better gains in 8 months with him than I did my first year. A training partner gives you the extra drive and believe me he doesn't have to be bigger or smarter. The guy I train with has only been lifting for 8 months and doesn't know a lot. But he know to push hard and has dedication. He is never late and really track. Find someone you can trust.

Good luck

syd
    syd is offline Junior Member
    I have not been doing this for very long....but I have half assed bb for a couple of years now....I am fully into it as much as I can now, and within 3 weeks i can already see my body beginning to change. this is not something you can do just everynow and then, you must do it 100%....not anything less, or you will go nowhere.

decadbal is offline Banned
    sounds good bro, its been said, but the emphasis is no where near the importance it should be, educate, the more you know, the more you can do, and dont think about anything more than diet. thats what will make u. u can get to 250 with aas, it will take longer, so do what u have to..GOOD LUCK

ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    I am trying to find a way to get into the sport of body building but I cant find any info on competition in my area (Houston) what can I do?

Come on you guys< I know that theres some body some where who can at least reply and help a guy out! This sucks for me man cause I have no real connection with BB world or any body who is as motivated as I am. As a matter of fact it seems like most people hate and resent me for my undying devotion to a sport that they themselves cannot become a part of. Some body say something!

Quote Originally Posted by ADAWG
    Come on you guys< I know that theres some body some where who can at least reply and help a guy out! This sucks for me man cause I have no real connection with BB world or any body who is as motivated as I am. As a matter of fact it seems like most people hate and resent me for my undying devotion to a sport that they themselves cannot become a part of. Some body say something!
    did u just start lifting. tell me more about u what youve done so far. i live in houston to ive been serious about bodybuilding for a little while now. there a contest in may thats next one i know of.

hey rk713 thanks for coming back on. I have been lifting consistantly for about a year and a half and feel like ive got a lot of potential. I do have a lot to learn and a lot of progress yet to be made. I feel like I am as dedicated as they come because I never miss. I work out mon thru fri at 5:45am before I go to work and I feel like this is the best time for me. My diet is pretty awesome but like I said I have a lot to learn and I do need to take in more calories. I am 5'11" and weigh 175 with 15 1/2 inch arms. This seems pretty weak in comparison to some of the body builders I read about. How can I get more involved in the sport of body building in the Houston area so I can learn more?

hey rk713 thanks for coming back on. I have been lifting consistantly for about a year and a half and feel like ive got a lot of potential. I do have a lot to learn and a lot of progress yet to be made. I feel like I am as dedicated as they come because I never miss. I work out mon thru fri at 5:45am before I go to work and I feel like this is the best time for me. My diet is pretty awesome but like I said I have a lot to learn and I do need to take in more calories. I am 5'11" and weigh 175 with 15 1/2 inch arms. This seems pretty weak in comparison to some of the body builders I read about. How can I get more involved in the sport of body building in the Houston area so I can learn more?
    i meet alot of people at my gym. were do u workout out at. i still have alot to learn to maybe we can lift sometime together.

I work out at a local gym but it isnt exactly good for what we aspire to acheive. It almost feels like an old folks home sometimes with all the senior citizens that harass us for our loud music(MTV). I'm 22 and i'll be 23 in may. Since its january right now I was kind of thinking about competing around june or july if I can put on about 10 pounds leaving me at a ripped 185. I would like to compete in the middle weight class but being 5'11" I think it would be more appropriate to go in as a big light heavy weight. My biggest problem is that I am such a hard gainer that I cant seem to put on any weight. I would ask for advice on the subject but I already know the answer...... Eat! Eat! Eat! It just seems as hard as I try I cant put on the weight. Oh well enough pissing and moaning. Did you do any thing in Houston saturday night? I went to the hut on Richmond after dinner at fox and the hound. Give me a holla back and tell me about this competition in may!

Hey rk713 when is the best time that i can chat with you? I have so many questions and so much time between replies

Hey rk713 when is the best time that i can chat with you? I have so many questions and so much time between replies
    i work all day maybe we can chat sometime during the day. as for the contest in may its in galveston. one of the guys at my gym is a promoter for that so i can get u a form and more info on it if u want.by the way what was the name of your gym.

My gym is a local recreation center so that may give you a little insight into its patrons. It does have a solid dumbbell set to work with but I hate the **** smith machines it messes up my form and is hard on the shoulders. We have a good crew up there in the mornings the guy I train with is 300 pounds of natural badness and he pushes me alot. Good to hear from you rk713 Ill check again tomorow as often as possible. I get off work at 4:00 so Ill probably be getting on sometime after that.

My gym is a local recreation center so that may give you a little insight into its patrons. It does have a solid dumbbell set to work with but I hate the **** smith machines it messes up my form and is hard on the shoulders. We have a good crew up there in the mornings the guy I train with is 300 pounds of natural badness and he pushes me alot. Good to hear from you rk713 Ill check again tomorow as often as possible. I get off work at 4:00 so Ill probably be getting on sometime after that.
    cool ill tallk to u tomorrow then.

My routine is as follows:

4:45am Wake up and prep for day i.e. food, clothes, books, whatever...

5:45am The doors to the gym have opened and the game is on

Mon. Chest and Tris
    chest first/warm up with about 3 to 4 sets
    Then 4 to 5 working sets
    flat bench
    incline
    decline
    cable flyes

for Tris ill warm up with some single arm cable press downs until it feels right
    brain crushers for 4 sets
    seated dumbbell extentions 4 sets
    then the ropes for four sets

Tues. Legs
    warm up with some light squats 4 to 5 sets
    working squats for 4 to 5 sets
    leg press for 4 to 5
    calve raises until i cant walk
    leg extentions to burn out
    dead lifts
    and leg curls

Wed. Back, bis and shoulders

BLAH BLAH BLAH

wHAT DO YOU THINK? i DO THIS SPLIT twice a week so dont rest to long so what would you recomend that I do? Im already cut up and lean I just want to put on some weight. maybe go from 175 to 185 cause that doesnt sound to crazy. Im 5'11" so it seems like I should be bigger.

Mon. Chest and Tris
    Then 4 to 5 working sets
    flat bench
    incline
    decline
    cable flyes

for Tris ill warm up with some single arm cable press downs until it feels right

Tues. Legs
    leg press for 4 to 5
    dead lifts
    and leg curls

BLAH BLAH BLAH

wHAT DO YOU THINK? i DO THIS SPLIT twice a week so dont rest to long so what would you recomend that I do? Im already cut up and lean I just want to put on some weight. maybe go from 175 to 185 cause that doesnt sound to crazy. Im 5'11" so it seems like I should be bigger.
    i did a split similiar to this awhile ago. i switch my workouts up once a month. to keep my body guessing. if u have been doing this routine for awhile i would switch it up some or maybe trying a once a week split.always keep your body guessing.when u start a routine u have never done before u will see results.

Mon. Chest and Tris
    Then 4 to 5 working sets
    flat bench
    incline
    decline
    cable flyes

Tues. Legs
    leg press for 4 to 5
    dead lifts
    and leg curls

BLAH BLAH BLAH

i did a split like this awhile ago. i switch up my routine every month to keep my body guessing.some times ill work each muscle group once a week and other times ill do it twice a week. i like to always keep my body guessing. but most important to gain size u have to eat

hey rk! Whats up with posting at 1:30 in the morning? shouldnt you be resting at that point in hopes of your muscles recuperating? Just messing with you dawg...hehehe. I hope this routine works for me man I think I need to be hitting each muscle group at least but not more than twice a week. This is because im not on any type of anabolic and 6 to 7 days rest seems a little more than a natural needs with catabolism of the muscle setting in and all. Tell me more about this competition in may. You did say that you were going to enter right? If so, I think I might come and check it out to see what im up against. I've found www.npctexas.org on one of these forums and found alot of local shows so im pretty excited to start getting involved. By the way, have you heard of the supp testrogel. Its an androgen gel that is supposed to act as a testosterone pre-cursor. If you have heard of it, is it just another supp scam or can it really help. Im glad I joined this forum cause its given me alot of motivation just talking to other like minded people. Go ahead and hit me back when ever you get a chance.

hey rk! Whats up with posting at 1:30 in the morning? shouldnt you be resting at that point in hopes of your muscles recuperating? Just messing with you dawg...hehehe. I hope this routine works for me man I think I need to be hitting each muscle group at least but not more than twice a week. This is because im not on any type of anabolic and 6 to 7 days rest seems a little more than a natural needs with catabolism of the muscle setting in and all. Tell me more about this competition in may. You did say that you were going to enter right? If so, I think I might come and check it out to see what im up against. I've found www.npctexas.org on one of these forums and found alot of local shows so im pretty excited to start getting involved. By the way, have you heard of the supp testrogel. Its an androgen gel that is supposed to act as a testosterone pre-cursor. If you have heard of it, is it just another supp scam or can it really help. Im glad I joined this forum cause its given me alot of motivation just talking to other like minded people. Go ahead and hit me back when ever you get a chance.
    hey adawg.im not sure if im going to enter the contest in may or not. see how im doing in a month. i want start going to shows to get a feel for them . i have not heard anything on testrogel.be careful what u buy i have wasted alot on supps that didnt do anything.now i research all of the supps i wanna buy here. so far everything i tried worked great. whens the next show you are going to.i love this forum to it has helped me alot i will be where i wanna be alot sooner. talk to u later.

I hear you rk. I dont know when I will be able to enter a competition it all depends on whether or not I can get my body in the right kind of condition. If I had my way it would be in june but I need to put on like at least 10 pounds of muscle. cause im 5'11" and it seems most guys like that are at least 200pd. go to npctexas.org and they have list of all the upcoming events and if every thing goes right then I will at least be in attendence. Do you think for my size that 15 1/2 inch arms is to small?

I hear you rk. I dont know when I will be able to enter a competition it all depends on whether or not I can get my body in the right kind of condition. If I had my way it would be in june but I need to put on like at least 10 pounds of muscle. cause im 5'11" and it seems most guys like that are at least 200pd. go to npctexas.org and they have list of all the upcoming events and if every thing goes right then I will at least be in attendence. Do you think for my size that 15 1/2 inch arms is to small?
    Honestly, once you go check out your first comp, you'll know exactly what you need to win. In one of the biggest natural comps here in MI last summer, a teen won the open middleweight division, and he was probably around 5'11. Now competition in TX is definitely gonna be stiffer than it is here, but a top 5 place would definitely be a good goal to shoot for. And honestly, even if you don't do well, you literally learn so much about your body and diet, that just taking it in as learning experience is extremely worth while, and you'll do much better in your 2nd comp and it'll be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Honestly, once you go check out your first comp, you'll know exactly what you need to win. In one of the biggest natural comps here in MI last summer, a teen won the open middleweight division, and he was probably around 5'11. Now competition in TX is definitely gonna be stiffer than it is here, but a top 5 place would definitely be a good goal to shoot for. And honestly, even if you don't do well, you literally learn so much about your body and diet, that just taking it in as learning experience is extremely worth while, and you'll do much better in your 2nd comp and it'll be much easier.
    thanks saboudian im debating if i wanna enter maybe me and adawg can enter toghther. i already have at least one of the guys at my gym entering it.i still have a couple weeks to decide.i really thinking of starting a cycle at the end of february. this will be my first one. i was thinking maybe something like this deca ,sustanon ,plus d-bol. i need to research more to see if this will work best.if anyone has any input on this let me know.im doing alright naturally but i wanna gain more i cant gain fast enough now.im still deciding if im going to start next month i need to make sure i will have enough funds to make the most out of the cycle.

hey rk,
    Im no expert but that cycle definitly sounds like your going to need some clomid or nolvadex towards the end of the cycle. My friend did some d-bol and gained 30 pounds give or take and managed to avoid the water retention. I think that would be pretty cool if we could enter together. I went back and read your first post and it sounds like we are in the same boat. Hit me back and give me a pm or something.

hey rk,
    Im no expert but that cycle definitly sounds like your going to need some clomid or nolvadex towards the end of the cycle. My friend did some d-bol and gained 30 pounds give or take and managed to avoid the water retention. I think that would be pretty cool if we could enter together. I went back and read your first post and it sounds like we are in the same boat. Hit me back and give me a pm or something.
    yea i know ill need something for pct i have to do more reasearch first.i want to enter this contest but i wanna do well in it to ill have to see.i got to go tho the gym in a little bit here what are u doing tonight.

Ive gotten a special invitation to my boss's house for a party so i am going to show my mug for a few minutes. Do you ever go to any of the clubs in houston like the hut or sherlocks pub. I get out to those places every now and then so if you want you can meet up with me and my friends some time. they are all pretty good people some better than others. Hit me back DAWG!!!

Ive gotten a special invitation to my boss's house for a party so i am going to show my mug for a few minutes. Do you ever go to any of the clubs in houston like the hut or sherlocks pub. I get out to those places every now and then so if you want you can meet up with me and my friends some time. they are all pretty good people some better than others. Hit me back DAWG!!!
    i havent been out in awhile. way to busy at work. where did u work at anyway.i ve been working 10 to 12 hour days , i have time to train but thats it.i have time to train but thats about it for now.make the money while its there.talk to u later.

well it is 5:00am and I am getting ready to go to the gym and then work. I work at a company that does inspection work like like thichness testing of pipe line walls and radiology. Its all industrial work in chemical plants but its easy as hell. We keep a steady schedule of 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. I have been getting out a little to much here recently and I need to slow down. I ordered ronnie colemans unbelievable and it should be here by wed. and im hoping it will be pretty motivating. yeah man log in and let me know something some time. I am on here quite a bit here recently trying to learn every single thing that I can. Good to here from you as usual.

bump

thanks saboudian im debating if i wanna enter maybe me and adawg can enter toghther. i already have at least one of the guys at my gym entering it.i still have a couple weeks to decide.i really thinking of starting a cycle at the end of february. this will be my first one. i was thinking maybe something like this deca,sustanon,plus d-bol. i need to research more to see if this will work best.if anyone has any input on this let me know.im doing alright naturally but i wanna gain more i cant gain fast enough now.im still deciding if im going to start next month i need to make sure i will have enough funds to make the most out of the cycle.
    Well its gonna be a tough decision. I am assuming you are still all natural. Remember that if you do decide to go through with the cycle, its gonna be a long time before you can compete in a tested event. And honestly you could compete in a non-tested event, but those guys are honestly just insane.

If I were you, I would give competition a chance before going through with the cycle. Just to know what you were capable of without AS, and competing will definitely make you many times smarter.

Well its gonna be a tough decision. I am assuming you are still all natural. Remember that if you do decide to go through with the cycle, its gonna be a long time before you can compete in a tested event. And honestly you could compete in a non-tested event, but those guys are honestly just insane.

If I were you, I would give competition a chance before going through with the cycle. Just to know what you were capable of without AS, and competing will definitely make you many times smarter.
    whats up adawg we will go lift oneday or something ill get u into my gym to workout. saboudian ive been debating on a cycle fore awhile i cant gain fast enough im still deciding if i wanna start it next month or not. do u think thats a good first cycle or would u add or subtract anything from it.thanks for the advice.

what up rk!!! sounds like a plan to me, I think it would be cool to go lift some day. As for as your cycle goes im not quite sure what your talking about because I glanced through all the post and didnt see anything. pm me and give me the details about it and maybe we can work together on it. Any ways it is 5:30am and I have to get to the gym so ill talk to you soon. PEACE DAWG!!!

whats up adawg we will go lift oneday or something ill get u into my gym to workout. saboudian ive been debating on a cycle fore awhile i cant gain fast enough im still deciding if i wanna start it next month or not. do u think thats a good first cycle or would u add or subtract anything from it.thanks for the advice.
    I would not if I were you. From your above post, you know very little about diet and training. You're not gaining because of those 2 factors, not because you need AS.

agreed

I would not if I were you. From your above post, you know very little about diet and training. You're not gaining because of those 2 factors, not because you need AS.

sabo has a point rk. I am in the same boat as you and I have looked into AS (i.e. anabolic review.com) as well so I can begin to eduacate myself. To take it any further than that would be pre-mature even though I can relate to your hunger and passion for the sport. Stay the course big dawg and take it as far as you naturaly can. IMO most people would be shocked at what their bodys can really do but anyways. not to change the subject but I just got done watching Ronnie Colemans "The Unbelievable" and it was pretty unbelievable.HAHAHA. That dude is one bad mamba jamba but I think I could still whoop'em.J/K. Hit me back yall and keep the faith my DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

could u help me with my diet and training im taking in 3,800 cal a day 60%carb 20%protein 20%fat. for my training now i switched to a routine almost excactly like big kevs. i would really appreciate it if u could help me perfect my diet and routine u have alot more experience than me when u have some free time if u could help me perfect a workout or tell me if i need to change a couple things around thanks saboudian.

could u help me with my diet and training im taking in 3,800 cal a day 60%carb 20%protein 20%fat. for my training now i switched to a routine almost excactly like big kevs. i would really appreciate it if u could help me perfect my diet and routine u have alot more experience than me when u have some free time if u could help me perfect a workout or tell me if i need to change a couple things around thanks saboudian.
    hey adawg i dont know if that will be the excact cycle just trying to see if that would be a good place to start give me your opinions on what i should do.talk to u later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information