gonnabehuge240 is offline New Member

Question Problem with my traps

I have just started a new workout and it is working great I have been making great gains but, my right trap isn't progressing like the left. I can flex in the mirror and my left looks huge but the right looks like I never lifted it in my life! What can I do? Or what have I been doing wrong? I watch myself on all the exercises and I have the same range of motion on both sides? Please help I look retarted

decadbal is offline Banned
    dont watch when u do traps, look down, that way you use some neck, and maybe that will bring that side up, other than that, iso it. try new things. you cant be to far off if one side is growing

WOW buddy thanks alot I didn't think anyone would post! I'll give it a go! tommorow

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Look down, try shoulder shrugs... Those seem to work well for me.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    If I look straight doing shrugs I can't get a feel for it, I look down, and another thing, try doing shrugs with Dumbells, the lacking side will have no chaice but to do it's own work then.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Are you doing shrugs with a bar or dumbbells? I do them with both and find doing them with dumbbells will force the weaker one to catch up do to the fact it's independent of the other for assistance.

I also do Farmer walks with the heaviest DB's I can find. The little trick I use is to shrug my shoulders and hold it in this position as I do the walk.............talk about sting!

Cool deal guys. Hey I was doing them with a barbell. I tried with dumbells and can feal it alot better. I can get a better range of motion to. I only have 120 pound dumbells in my gym though and I could go bigger. I like the looking down part better to. I can fell a big difference. Thanks alot.

Juggernaut sorry to sound like a rookie here but I am, what are farmer walks?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabehuge240
    Cool deal guys. Hey I was doing them with a barbell. I tried with dumbells and can feal it alot better. I can get a better range of motion to. I only have 120 pound dumbells in my gym though and I could go bigger. I like the looking down part better to. I can fell a big difference. Thanks alot.

Juggernaut sorry to sound like a rookie here but I am, what are farmer walks?
    No worries m8................grab a set of the heaviest db's, straps might be of assistance if you don't have a strong grip, and walk from one end of the gym to the other..................keep doing it until you just about drop them...............take a minute or two to catch your breath............then do em' again. Start with your shoulders as high as you can get them and keep them up until they give out then keep walking until your arms give out.

You'll love em. hahahaha

OH ****! Sounds good!

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I have/had the same problem. One day I got a free screening and the chiropractor asked me if I noticed anything wrong with my traps. I said yeah that one looked bigger than the other. She told me that one of my vertebrae was off and that was the cause of it. So if nothing works maybe get that checked out.

Thanks for the advice catamount! did it fix your problem going to the chiropractor?

Thread Information