syd
    syd is offline Junior Member

How long would it take me to gain 30+ lbs?

I am just wondering how long it would take me to actaully to develop a body that might be able to compete. I am currently doing a 4 day split....i am 185lbs, 5'9", 26, and still a beginner. I have heard it takes several years.

I am on creatine, protein, glutamine...eating alot. I am shooting for 215 or 220. Is it possible to gain 30+ lbs in a year at a beginning stage?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been working out?
    If you're just starting then 20 lbs in a year is reasonable. Bear in mind that competition is more than about just raw mass, it requires good proportions, symmetry, seperation, and a polish that can take years to build.

syd
    syd is offline Junior Member
    I figured the best way for me to get big, is just try to get as much mass as i can and not worry about cutting up until I am at a decent size...then I would cut up to see what I look like and what I need to work on.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well since you're still new to working out, you could gain 30lbs of muscle in 2 yrs, but it would be nearly impossible to gain that much in 1 year naturally. Of course it also depends on how much you know.

Mikey81 is offline Junior Member
    I gained 45lbs in 12 weeks but that was hell of a ****, so don't hurry to be big. It needs time to develope quality muscle mass, hardness and density.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    conditioning and symmetry wins amateur contests... not so much size. There are weight classes.. just try to hit the high end of whatever one you fit into. Example, right now i'm 175 and aroudn 8%.. so i'd cut down to 5% or so and without the water i'd be aroudn 165, which i'm pretty sure is at the top of a weight class.

fausto666 is offline New Member
    Hi syd be patient what is hard i know but to get big you need dedication .

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    A few years Bro...especcially clean even with Growth Hormon and AS it would take around 2 years to get a solid 30lbs of skeletal muscle, which is what counts once you diet down...good luck...XXL

Thread Information