Hyperlite is offline Associate Member

Your opinons on cardio

It seems we agree to disagree when discussing the topic of cardio. Some say High intensity, some say low/moderate intensity. What type of cardio do you guys do?

I was thinking of doing bill phillips's "20 minute aerobic solution" on mon/wed/fri and then doing 60min of the bike @ 70-75% HR...

Thanks for your input

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    to be honest i think that you need a combination of both, high intensity and moderate intensity, moderate intensity should work the best the farther away you are from your goal the more modearte you should be, ie. 30 mins moderate intensity, the closer you are to your goal bodyfat the more intense you should be ie.. 10 100 yard dashes with 1.5 mins rest in between, this should help you to preserve the muscle you have at lower bodyfats and help avoid having the cardio bring you into a catabolic state, i am sure people wil disagree, but my proof would be the muscularity of someone like michael johnson vs the muscularity of a marathoner

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsox1
    to be honest i think that you need a combination of both, high intensity and moderate intensity, moderate intensity should work the best the farther away you are from your goal the more modearte you should be, ie. 30 mins moderate intensity, the closer you are to your goal bodyfat the more intense you should be ie.. 10 100 yard dashes with 1.5 mins rest in between, this should help you to preserve the muscle you have at lower bodyfats and help avoid having the cardio bring you into a catabolic state, i am sure people wil disagree, but my proof would be the muscularity of someone like michael johnson vs the muscularity of a marathoner
    I agree with you, although i thought michael johnson got caught for having some extra "help" in keeping his muscle mass and marathon runners purpousely try to keep a low body weight, so they can run longer distances....

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think bill phillips can suck the fart out of my ass, along with dr. atkins. Sorry but I rather do my own program than read some cheese balls book that is not tailored to me.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    marathoners i don't think could keep weight on even if they tried, when you run 26 miles 3 times a week at a rate of approx 13 miles an hour, all the pasta and shakes in the world won't keep mass on you

radial is offline New Member
    RSOX>

Just out of interest.... if u had the choice of a cycle to counteract the catabolic effects of marathon running, what would you choose.

I used to be into BB seriously and have done a few cycles of sus in the past, however, I have just got into group fitness(a more PC version of aerobics).... primarily because the money is REALLY good and theres a TON more women there (definitely letting my dick do the thinking.... hahahah).

My problem is that I have lost nearly all my hard work and effort (went from 205lbs down to 185lbs.

Anyone else wanna chime in here on this one feel free

Thread Information