Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dorian !!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

I see what Dorian is doing here

Now we all know what arnold did, he won the olympia for so many years in a row then pulled out. Then a few years later all of a sudden he shows up on the plane and everyone thinks he is comming to watch. NO NO NO NO, arnold won the olympia that year too! I think dorian is trying to repeat history.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Really? Be fun to watch

tyler durden 1 is offline New Member
    I like the old dorian a lot better, earlier competitive days, smaller waist, etc... some of the top guys are looking ridiculous....coleman's gut at the last olympia????? wtf? I think if dexter gains some more mass, he will be winning everything in sight...assuming he doesn't ruin his waist in the process....anyones comments?

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    Dexter would probably get a huge ass gut to, he looks good right now, I think

netwerk is offline New Member

Steven Seagal?

Regarding Seagal...he's a gimp. All of his latest movies..he'll stand there with his hands folded in front of his big fat belly to cover it up. He'll always wear jackets and mostly dress in black so it's harder to tell that he's out of shape and got a big gut. Van Damme....he doesn't even know martial arts...he used to be a ballet dancer before he made films. So...there you go..a fat gimp and a sissy heh... =P

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    From the total rebuild video I agree with johan in that Arnie deserved the win. Maybe he wasn't as hard or dense as Mentzer and Platz (who both got shafted) but for overall size, shape and symetry (plus posing and presense) Arnie was unbeatable.

Ah... rose tinted glasses are so cool, LOL!

If Dozza did make a come back I'd be booking Mr. O tickets the instant I found out. I've met him a few times at temple gym etc. and the bloke is sound. All credit to him for what he has and still is achieving. His supplements are crazily priced though, pheweee!!

Yeah big shame about all the old action stars falling by the way side but new ones take their place eh? Er, well, we've got Jackie Chan and Zhang Ziyi!

Def

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Hehe who the fuck is Zhang Ziyi???

Haha, that should be who wouldn't f*ck Zhang Ziyi!!!

LOL!!! She's the chinese lass from crouching tiger, hidden dragon and Rush Hour 2.... Well nice, great actress!

mando is offline Associate Member
    i seriously think yates was the best in 92,93,94, after that nasser should have had it once and levrone twice ......... i mean dorian's great but com'on a torn bicep ? tricep ? .....and he still wins ? .......now if dorian had ronnie's arms .... and flex's waist ...we have the perfect mr 'o'

templeton is offline New Member
    As far as I am aware the only guy of note competing now who dorian has not beaten is jay cutler. are shawn ray and kevin levrone any better now than in the early to mid nineties when he was whupping them like they were little boys? i dont think so. sure ronnie is better now and that wud be a new ball game and of course dorian is older but the standard since 92 or 93 hasnt really moved on that much - if at all. I mean, look at the pics of levrone when he won the nationals in 91 or was second in the olympia in 92, is he any better? i dont think so, same goes for shawn ray - he is not as good now as he was in 92 for example. furthermore dorian easily beat a best ever flex wheeler on 93. the only guys who whould beat him now (assuming he was n shape) are ronnie and jay.

Apart from the torn bicep in 95 dorain was in his best ever condition. Granted a torn bicep is a significant flaw but just look at the pics from that year and see the unbelievable condition he was in. If u need more convincing see Paul Dillets comments regarding what he thought was the most amazing thing he has seen in bodybuilding ie dorian in 95. Maybe u refer to 94 poppa when he had just torn his bicep and was down on condition. If ever Dorian was pushed close, from a purely visual standpoint and not on the judges scoring, check out the pics of levrone, ray and labrada especially, in 92.

Totally agree with you templeton on all your points!

Dozza would kick ass still, assuming good health etc.

Do you train at temple gym bro?

def

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Will somebody do me a big favor and post some Dorian pics from when he was in his prime? I know BigKev is the man to go to with the pics, maybe I'll pm him. Thanks in advance

LOL!! Pure coincidence with the name bro. Im based in sheffield. Where are you?

Oh right! Ha ha, now I bet all the temple gym trainers who use this forum (er, assuming there are some!) will be wishing they'd thought of that name!

I'm in Redditch, just south of brum. I used to live and work in the center of Birmingham and trained at temple gym for a few months. I've seen Dozza, Tommi and Ernie train there a few times. AMAZING. The first time I saw Dozza I couldn't believe what I saw - his rear delts stuck out through his training gear like bowling balls and his forarms filled his 3/4 length sleeves - totally mind blowing. He was da man!!

def

defdaz who do you think looks best Tommi or Ernie??

Now or then mate?

Back then I'd have said Ernie since this was 2 1/2 years ago and Tommi hadn't yet turned pro (though he could have as he'd already won his nationals). He hadn't tore his pec then though and he did look awesome, it has to be said.

Going by the judges at this years pro competitions Tommi is now better overall than ernie. Respect! I always got this amazing sense of determination from Tommi - very dedicated to being the best he can.

I'll email you later bro,

def

I hope his determination will pay of in the long run.

kaizenro is offline New Member

Dorian here

I'm in 29 Palms CA (Hell on earth). We have a military base out here and he's supposed to do a signing on May16. I hope to get some pics.
    Ro

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Coleman sucks, it's all about Cutler.

mando is offline Associate Member
    coleman suck ?? wake up dude , big ron puts the fear of GOD in most pros !! when ron is on his game , he is unbeatable , jus ask bigkev !!

LOL. To say that Coleman sucks is perhaps pushing it a little but I can see that point of view. In my view he is an overrated bodybuilder. From the rear he cannot be faulted - although his calves have always been poor and no matter what he (or any other guy with weak calves) injects into them they will never have the look of a naturally big and split calf. But his weaknesses are visible from the front - lack of lower pec line, poor abs, a torso so short that in certain poses it can spoil the whole look - front lat spread for example, and generally, an upper body that, from the front, looks like it does not flow and is rather a collection of parts, albeit with some very impressive parts. I think he beats Ray, Levrone et al with his mass but Cutler is a different matter. All Jay needs to do is match the 'dry' ripped look of Coleman from the rear and he will beat him every time. Some people said the same regarding Nasser and his back compared to Dorian's. Nasser never got that hard shredded look to his back and hamstrings that Dorian had so maybe Cutler never will. Who knows?

double o seven is offline New Member
    Originally posted by BigPoppaV
    the worst thing a has been can do is make a half ass comeback and embarass himself.

just my thoughts..

BigPoppaV
    speaking of has beens coming back and making an ass of themselves...hows micheal jordan doing this season?

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I think Cutler's got the whole package: size and definition. Ronnie's midsection looks like shit. Cutler has some of the best abs out there. I think Ronnie looked better in 98' when he was lighter. Also Cutler's quads are outstanding.

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    yates would do whatever it took to win if he returned. i dont think he would hit the stage unless he was good enough to take the o. the only competition for yates would be ronnie. yates beat everyone competing today, save for cutler(whom i am a fan of but he does not have the rock hardness or separation yates had).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information