Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dorian !!

mando is offline Associate Member

dorian !!

has anyone seen dorian lately .... ?? heard he his packing again...my bro met him 3 yrs ago in his temple gym in birmingham ...... he said dorian was about 220lb and looked soft !
    can't believe he lost soo much and now has gained it soo sooo fast !!! damn !!! .............blood n guts !!

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    My friend met Dorian about a year and a half ago, he said he looked puny.. he was saying he didn't even look like he'd ever worked out - he said he MAYBE weighed 180, 190..

I think Dorian's face is the worst proof of what too much GH will do to you.

BigPoppaV

Dorians condition now!

One of my close friends actually works with Dorian. He was originally started out as one of his B/B students and now he’s one of his partners for the “Dorian Yates Approved” supplement line and owns the Canadian end of the business. He meets with Dorian every couple of months for business purposes and once and a while attends shows with him. He’s got picks of him and Dorian together at shows/events and what not. It’s funny, he even tells me how he still plays the first message that Dorian ever left on his answering machine over and over because he’s still baffled that he’s in business with the man who holds the most Olympia titles ever. Anyway, I’ve asked him how he’s looking now.(hard to tell from a picture) I mentioned to him the magazine picks that they had published a couple of years ago, how he looked like a drown rat when he was under 200lbs . He had a pretty good laugh and told me that he’s training fairly hard again and is about 240lbs or so and looks great. He said that he’s admittedly by no means Olympia caliber anymore, but definitely not the stretched out wallet looking man in those earlier pics.

T-101 is offline New Member
    Pics?

Any links of pics of the "thin" Dorian?

Hey it was Lee Haney who holds the record for the most Olympia wins (Arnold, 7 Yates, 6 Haney, 8!)

Originally posted by T-101
    Pics?

Any links of pics of the "thin" Dorian?

Hey it was Lee Haney who holds the record for the most Olympia wins (Arnold, 7 Yates, 6 Haney, 8!)
    Oops.....uh, I meant by a British competitor....yeah, that's what I meant. Well you get my drift anyway. I'm not sure if they were published on the internet. I saw them in an issue of Musclemag, so start digging up your old issues.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I can not remember where I read it but Dorian is in the gym getting ready to do some guest posing. I was also told by a guy at the gym I was last at that he had a triple by pass surgery. Does anyone know if that true?

Damn.. triple bypass surgery ?!!?
    btw. I remember those musclemag pics.. it was at an opening of a musclemag store and shows Dorian with some fitness models..

berry is offline Associate Member

well

i saw dorian in november , he looked pretty big to me and hard and also healthy,i think its bull shit that of hes op

November is pretty recent, I think we're all talking about the way Dorian looked at LEAST a year or two ago..

BigPoppaV

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I saw him at last years Arnold's (early March 2001) got a pic with him and must say the guy was huuuge! He must have been close to 240 lbs, very lean you could see all of the vains in his forarms. He looked Good not Olympia good, but not many of us do.

GhostFace is offline Junior Member
    I´ve heard a rumour that says Dorian will once again enter Mr O....howabout that one??

Of course he´s thinner now when he´s off the competition and all that which comes around that. But still impressive, yes.

the one thing that I always admired in Dorian's physique was his overall thickness..

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    My mate mates apparantly works out with Dorian on the odd occasion and says he still looks good and still pretty strong.OK he,s not the same size as when he competed but I find it hard to believe Dorian is or was 180 or 190 lbs i mean he was about that size at 17/18.What ever AAS he took he had very good genetics to start off with!

Ask Big Al he,s the guy with the info on Dorian!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Met Dorian a few times now, my g/f met him in June last year and trained with him and went for lunch, he's was big and hard, still in very good shape.

In Oct I saw him at the Olympia he was staying at the Manadalay and I met him on the beach, didn't have his top of but my god his quads hams and calks we're as if he was competiting, he still in good shape.

My one of my sources and good friends get his supply from the same guy who supplies Dorian apparently he's bang on again and gettting bigger, he's gonna be doing some guest posing this year.

Dorian never dropped below 220, he a rock a 240 probably heavier, still east clean and trains old style.

Trust me he could stil make top 3 at the O IMO

Trust me he could stil make top 3 at the O IMO
    Thats what my sources mate told him.He said he still looks very good and lets face it why would,nt he? After working out for all those years he is not going to retire and say f**k it I ain,t going to train anymore.He,s built his life around BB and his company he needs to look good not just out of pride but who will buy supplements that he owns and endorses if he is only 180lbs? Everyone knows Dorian for his size and mass!!

top 3 at the O ??? are you guys nuts?... he would get slaughtered right now.. he was in amazing shape in 92,93.. but this is 2002.. Dorian's time was ten years ago, he couldn't hold a candle to some of the top guys now, also you one of you said that why would he lose size? when a person becomes so dependent on steroids and gh (like Dorian was) and one day all of a sudden gets off them , he shrivels up and drops a good 80 lbs. either way I'm not talking about Dorian now, but a few years ago, when he just completely dissapeared.

BigPoppaV

Who said he was off??

The point I was trying to make was that if you are selling a product off the back of your own success you need to look good right? I did,nt say he,s as big as he was when he got the Mr O titles I was merely stating he was in good shape not just for personal reasons but also from a commercial point of view.

There have been numerous rumours that he would make a comeback and personally I do not believe that.

Hey Billy, don't disregard any rumors of a comeback until you hear it from the man himself. Look at Arnold. He retired in 75', took a 5-year lay off, and came back to win again in 80'(controversial as it was). Never say never! Speaking of comeback, are you hoping that Van Damme will be making one soon? Looks like a shot from “Streetfighter”, yes?

Yep its a shot from "streetfighter" He seems to be making a comeback but I think the drug abuse has taken its toll a little bit.I watched Replicant at the weekend and he still looks pretty good.It would be nice to have the size and definition that he has combined with the flexability.Doing Ju Jitsu I need more flexability!!

Maybe Dorian will make a comeback but I doubt it It would be nice to see though!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    top 3 at the O ??? are you guys nuts?... he would get slaughtered right now.. he was in amazing shape in 92,93.. but this is 2002.. Dorian's time was ten years ago, he couldn't hold a candle to some of the top guys now, also you one of you said that why would he lose size? when a person becomes so dependent on steroids and gh (like Dorian was) and one day all of a sudden gets off them , he shrivels up and drops a good 80 lbs. either way I'm not talking about Dorian now, but a few years ago, when he just completely dissapeared.
    Nuts......emmmmmmm! Watch it!

Whats Replicant like then Billy?

Kinda hard to actually make a good comeback now today 2002 or the following years.

When Arnold competed the last time -80 the BB´s were all looking the same,´cept Arnold! They used pretty much the same AAS but comparing Arnold´s sucess then with a comeback of Dorian Yates or anyone else today who have been away some time...is not based upon the same conditions.

Today´s pros uses a lot more AAS, GH and other stuff than say 4 years ago, look how they have exploded in their midsections? Roid guts anyone?

I´m afraid that if a comeback of anyone today would occur, it could also mean an embarresment to him; comparing himself to the other pros onstage, they´re some good years of training & drug use ahead of him.

But of course a Dorian Yates in good form is better than a Dorian as a couch potatoe....

I thought Replicant was OK better than most of his films and there was some funny bits in it whether they were intentional or not I don,t know but I laughed.Seem wierd to see him playing a bad guy but thats all I,ll say!

I guess you guys are right he could never comeback and compete after all he would have to look 6 mths pregnant like Ronnie!!

I think Van Damme and Dorian should both give it up.. the worst thing a has been can do is make a half ass comeback and embarass himself, Van Damme's time is well past, he's getting up there in age and it's not like all the coke did him any good, I think he looked amazing up until 94 or so, then he kind of disappeared and has been making cheesy comeback atempts ever since, as far as Dorian, he's WELL past his time, it's enough that they gave him the Sandow in (I think..) 95 when he had a torn bicep and looked like shit (Levrone should have won..) I hope he doesn't try to come back.. and as far as Arnold goes, that was probably the biggest scam of the year, he didn't deserve to win in 1980, everybody knew it.. even Arnold but Weider being the little rat that he is just gave it to him (there are so many reasons for this..1) they were like father and son, 2) Weider realized how important Arnold's name would be in recognition with the Olympia and the contest gaining popularity) 3) I think it was one of those 'for old time's sake' kind of things..)

just my thoughts..

BigPoppaV

Do you like anyone?

I agree with your views on the Arnold comeback 100%

Van Damme did have his time but if it is a case of watching Dolph who always looks stoned or pissed and Seagal in the patch work jackets and preaching about how we are hurting the environment I,ll watch Van Damme any day of the week!!Theres always Jackie Chan who is both an amazing MA and entertainer!

Dorian I don,t think will make a comeback and as for the Sandow we can all disagree with the decisions that are made.I don,t think Ronnie should be Mr O and I would rather see symetrical than huge mass with a belly like he,s 6 mth pregnant hell his belly is bigger than my g,f s who is 7 mths pregnant!!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    seems like Im the only one that thinks arnold was better then the rest when he won the olympia 1980.
    Of all the pictures I have seen arnold was the best.
    If you have any pictures where it is clearly shown that arnold didnt deserve to win, post them upp.

Nothing wrong with Dolph Lundgren....

He´s a tremendously good actor, actually worth an Academy Award...just wait and see...Lifetime Achievement perhaps?

I definetly agree with you regarding Steven Seagal,.. geez, what the F*** happened to that guy !??! he used to be so cool
    now he's like the dork of the action stars... I think he got a little too deep with religion..

I think he got a little too deep with religion..
    Must be that religion that says it is OK to put your wife into hospital

He was cool he,s just a "Has been" another very good Martial Artist tho

LI Ape is offline Junior Member
    Dorian is not making any comebacks, you can mark my words. I was told this by Steve Weinberger, he is a good friend of mine and I train at his gym, those of you who dont know he is very close with Dorian and Dorain trains at our gym all the time when he is in the NY area. he is about 270 right now and hard as nails but has no intentions of coming back or making guest posing appearences.

270 and hard !? ROFL , yeah ok.. .that would make him bigger and harder than anyone (for his height) at the Olympia...

BigPoppaV

Papa Juice is offline Banned
    Think about it 240 245 clean and not even training thats a big man...so with some Gh insulin and some gear the man is easily bak up to the 260 mark and hard..Dorian is a freek plain and simple...if not he wouldn't have won the olympia so many times and beat the best bodybuilders in the world. Remember 1 think Dorian has turned bodybuilding to a different sport that time..now it's Ronnie 's turn ..next will be someone else. We will see

LI Ape is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by BigPoppaV
    270 and hard !? ROFL , yeah ok.. .that would make him bigger and harder than anyone (for his height) at the Olympia...

BigPoppaV
    Bro I saw him at the Olympia and like I said he trains in my gym when he is in the US, he is back up there, you dont have to believe me, but i have no reason to lie to you. I did look back at the tape I made at the Expo and he does apear smaller that I was told. My girlfriend thinks he is in the 250 range. i dont know for sure like i said I am only going by what I was told.
    Last edited by LI Ape; 01-26-2002 at 04:23 PM.

Isn´t Coleman competing at 255 Ibs ?
    I have heard/read about the weight 270 and Markus Ruhl at 275 Ibs but I am not sure that Dorian would be hard as nails at 270 and not even being guestposing...?

that's exactly my point!!.. Coleman competed at 255.. Coleman is 5'11 , Dorian is what.. 5'10 ? 5'9 .. and he's 270 hard as nails?..
    that just doesn't add up.

Dorian is 5 10" but the 270 does sound a bit of the mark I would have thought 230/240

that sounds a lot more realistic than 270...

Hell bro are you agreeing with me

LOL

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Come back

Why would he make a come back now? He has nothing to prove, he already proved it. Plus why risk his health at this point, no saying he not doing a cycle or two but nothing near what he would have had to take in his prime or to get on stage again.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    he could very well be 270 hard as nails, but not in contest shape.
    anyone no if he is 40 yet he may be training for the masters olympia

retired is offline Associate Member
    Dorian has a deceptive physique. In street clothes, he does not look that big... but in his posing trunks, you can see how massive he really is. 270lbs in hard shape sounds about right, but he will never compete again. Too bad, 'cause we never got to see his best, and he would still kick some serious ass today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information