GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

To all bodybuilding competitors...

I like to do one or two shows a year and then take the next year off... my question is. During my year off I like to eat whatever i want well within reason... Because i always have the dreaded thought of doing 3 months or more of competition dieting the next year... Does anyone else who takes a year off treat themselves like i do... Or should i be controlling my appetite and eating the same food everyday like i do when i'm dieting for a show?

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    when youre off, youre off!
    Just make sure you get in all the daily nutrients your body needs and feel free to add a couple of goodies...thats the way i do anyways.

By doing it this way you are avoiding alot of unnessary stress on your body.
    There is a very good thread about this at www.musclemayhem.com in the pinned section of the general discussion board.

It mostly as to do with people eating contest style year long.

Sould answer quiet a few of your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecbulk
    when youre off, youre off!
    Just make sure you get in all the daily nutrients your body needs and feel free to add a couple of goodies...thats the way i do anyways.

By doing it this way you are avoiding alot of unnessary stress on your body.
    There is a very good thread about this at www.musclemayhem.com in the pinned section of the general discussion board.

It mostly as to do with people eating contest style year long.

Sould answer quiet a few of your answers.
    Thanks man... I figured as long as i'm getting my protien requirement i'm doing what i should be doing... besides doing a contest diet for 3-4 months is just killer for anyone... That's why i don't mind cheating more then the average bodybuilder because i know what i have to do to prepare for a show... Good luck with your comp

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    A lot also depends on your body type. For me i still have to be somewhat careful offseason. I still have my cheat meals, but eat clean most of the time. If your naturally lean, then you can cheat more cheat foods.

I'm definitely a mesomorph so i'm not naturally lean.. yet i don't carry a lot of fat... i'm about 15% bodyfat right now after gaining 84lbs in the last year... I only put one inch on my waist as well.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    84lbs...WOW....out of mine 49 meals a week around 45 are clean foods, the other 4 meals i eat what i want...i do gain fat quickly but this seems to work for me...XXL

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I have to be fairly careful in the offseason, but if i wanna cheat I'll just make sure I down a protein shake before I cheat. If I feel I'm gaining fat too fast then I'll throw in some cardio on my off wt training days. 84lbs in 1 year with only a inch on the waist is very impressive, 7lbs a month.

Thanks guys for the advice and compliments... I guess i gained so much weight from filling out after my competition and then ofcourse this was my first year using AS... I done 3 cycles so far, 2months on, 2months off. I gained 24lbs roughly just through filling out after my show and 60lbs off my 3 cycles... 45lbs of which i managed to keep. I just tend not to lose a lot coming off cycle so i really get my moneys worth.

dangit is offline Member
    I eat like a pig when I'm not competing. I even have a stash of junk food and protein bars in my dresser drawer that I usually break into at 3AM for a snack. It really seems to help me since it's hard to eat real clean and stay around 4500 cals a day.

Just like Lee Priest said in his vid, "be fat and happy"

Everyone is different though. I do like to be able to almost see my abs off season though, but I've never had a problem not seeing them yet.

decadbal is offline Banned
    offseason to a bodybuilder isnt really off, just not dietin for a show, you should still be careful of your diet and how much fat you gain and eat..

Thread Information