Thread: Martfinder

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

Martfinder

Anyone every get this spyware on their machine? my wife downloaded some shareware game and it also loaded this hellspawn software. I can't get rid of it - used Adaware, Spybot, you name it. Anyone know about this?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Try uninstalling it. Is that an option?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    scroll to start click on find . click on find files or folders put in hellspawn all folders and files should appear right click on each and send to trash and if asked uninstall click. yes. You may have to reboot after this. (also empy trash before rebooting.)

Spyder Guest
    Download CWShredder (http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe)
    Run the program, select the fix button. Follow the instructions as prompted. Then reboot your computer once CWShredder is finished.

Martfinder is also known as "CoolWebSearch", and the latest version of CWSHredder shoudl fix it. (version 1.57)

My favorite fix tho: ...backup everything you need a reformat the b1tch.
    format c:

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Wasn't in the mood to reformat the whole thing, but I will in the next month or so. I ran CWShredder but it didn't fix everything. Martfinder reinstalled itself the next time I rebooted. SO, I ran CWShredder again and then used HijackThis! to clear out the last couple of registry edits. It appears to be all good now.

Thread Information