CeeLo is offline Senior Member

Can't get enough food...

First question is how do I calculate how many calories I should be getting in to build mass?

I know I'm not getting in enough calories, well maybe. My weight tends to flucuate somewhere b/w 2-3 lbs. I seem to be able to put on 2 - 3 lbs during the weekend when I'm off work, but when I'm at work, my weight may drop 2 -3 lbs.

I drive a truck all day and don't really have time to get in as many meals. I do have a microwave in my truck and can keep food in the truck that doesn't have to stay hot or cold. So I end up drinking a lot of shakes and oatmeal or peanuts or jerky.

I need some ideas of how to get in my needed calories w/o having to stop and buy food from the grocery or fast food.

N*E*R*D is offline Banned
    You dont just need calories to build mass you need quality protein and microwavable food is just not going to give you that.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    cook on sunday in bulk and reheat...

what you on eq?

g0dsend is offline Member
    drink a Boost Plus with one of ur meals a day. Great way to add 500 cals.

since your new...i searched it for you

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...rie+calculator

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Yeah man... Tupperware and pre made food is the way for you brother. If theres a will theres a way. You will figure it out dude

Thanks for the replies. I guess that is the only way. To cook it on Sunday and re-heat the whole week. Seems like a lot of work, BUT whoever said it was easy, RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL View Post
    since your new...i searched it for you

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...rie+calculator
    Thanks Big DADDY!

Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    drink a Boost Plus with one of ur meals a day. Great way to add 500 cals.
    I'll look into that

Quote Originally Posted by jokers99 View Post
    You dont just need calories to build mass you need quality protein and microwavable food is just not going to give you that.
    Surely you don't mean NOT reheating in the microwave. Cause aint no way I can sit down and eat a hot FRESH meal 6 times a day.

OK, I need 3029 Calories to maintain, so 500 over that is good for bulking correct? I thought I needed like 5000. That's a little better. Only 500 claories per meal. That still sounds like a lot of eating.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Cook the night before bro....lol. Every night when you get home and cook your dinner make extra

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    First question is how do I calculate how many calories I should be getting in to build mass?

I know I'm not getting in enough calories, well maybe. My weight tends to flucuate somewhere b/w 2-3 lbs. I seem to be able to put on 2 - 3 lbs during the weekend when I'm off work, but when I'm at work, my weight may drop 2 -3 lbs.

I drive a truck all day and don't really have time to get in as many meals. I do have a microwave in my truck and can keep food in the truck that doesn't have to stay hot or cold. So I end up drinking a lot of shakes and oatmeal or peanuts or jerky.

I need some ideas of how to get in my needed calories w/o having to stop and buy food from the grocery or fast food.
    lol well your dam right. 3000 calories you wont gain weight at all.

Last time i tried way to many. Try 4000-4500.

DOnt worry about weight change over 1 day man.... or even 1 week.

Weigh yourself everyday at the same time with no clothes on.

Then as your bulking lets say over 2 months progressively that weight should bulk up.

are you going to be bulking with any anabolics? some stuff like deca will give you a false sense from alot of water retention.

Eat good just eat more.

Hey how is your HRT program going man are they still making you use that cream or are you going to try? I dont know if you got insurance but i bet the Test Cyp HRT program is cheaper for you to.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    this is how it works

eat protein. carbs are for maintaining glycogen levels, you gotta eat fats too.

eat protein. If you are getting stronger workout to workout, your gonna grow doing what your doing. if you are NOT making strength gains, up protein until you do. add in some fats. keep the carbs low to trace at night.

protein is the key. and weight is really a bullshit way to judge whether or not you are growing. well, going only by the scale. get stronger, keep looking in the mirror so not fat gain, and eat that protein, it is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    lol well your dam right. 3000 calories you wont gain weight at all.

Last time i tried way to many. Try 4000-4500.

DOnt worry about weight change over 1 day man.... or even 1 week.

Weigh yourself everyday at the same time with no clothes on.

Then as your bulking lets say over 2 months progressively that weight should bulk up.

are you going to be bulking with any anabolics? some stuff like deca will give you a false sense from alot of water retention.

Eat good just eat more.

Hey how is your HRT program going man are they still making you use that cream or are you going to try? I dont know if you got insurance but i bet the Test Cyp HRT program is cheaper for you to.
    I'm not using any anabolics yet! I'm going to wait and give the HRT a try first. It does seem to be helping me with the weight loss and cutting up. I notice my midsection triming up nicely and I am making gains in the weight room with strength.

As far as the cream goes. He took me off of the cream and put me on HCG . I want the Test C, but I think its too early and he is still feeling me out to see if I'm legit. He said that my Natural test levels were too high for the Test C. I have been taking the HCG for almost 2 weeks. Its suppose to make my Test levels increase naturally and suppose to be stronger than the cream.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    this is how it works

eat protein. carbs are for maintaining glycogen levels, you gotta eat fats too.

eat protein. If you are getting stronger workout to workout, your gonna grow doing what your doing. if you are NOT making strength gains, up protein until you do. add in some fats. keep the carbs low to trace at night.

protein is the key. and weight is really a bullshit way to judge whether or not you are growing. well, going only by the scale. get stronger, keep looking in the mirror so not fat gain, and eat that protein, it is the key.
    Good advice Iron. I am getting stronger and I am leaning out, my build is looking ok, but I want to be a little fuller and bigger, WHO DOESN'T? I'm a little impatient and want the BIG Bodybuilder look, NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    I'm not using any anabolics yet! I'm going to wait and give the HRT a try first. It does seem to be helping me with the weight loss and cutting up. I notice my midsection triming up nicely and I am making gains in the weight room with strength.

As far as the cream goes. He took me off of the cream and put me on HCG . I want the Test C, but I think its too early and he is still feeling me out to see if I'm legit. He said that my Natural test levels were too high for the Test C. I have been taking the HCG for almost 2 weeks. Its suppose to make my Test levels increase naturally and suppose to be stronger than the cream.

Good advice Iron. I am getting stronger and I am leaning out, my build is looking ok, but I want to be a little fuller and bigger, WHO DOESN'T? I'm a little impatient and want the BIG Bodybuilder look, NOW!

if thats you in your avi...you have a really good build

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL View Post
    if thats you in your avi...you have a really good build
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Need to get a program for my palm phone.

Thread Information