Thread: Need help ASAP

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

Need help ASAP

I'm pretty sure that i have a keylogger installed on my comp... and theres alot of spywire that i'd like to get rid of as well.

but i dont know much about computers...

how do i go about deleting everythingggg on my computer and reinstalling windows, etc...

im not sure that i have the disk handy, i'll have to do some looking around.

any help/info is appreciated.

thanks bros.

-MC

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Get the disk. I asked the same question a while back and got some good info. check some of the older computer posts...

bluemofo4 is offline New Member
    Or if you just want to remove the spyware, you can go do download.com and do a search on spybot - search and destroy. it's free and will find everything and anything spyware related on your machine...

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    if you just want to remove spyware this company has an excellent product and it's free. IMO blowing away the OS is a little overkill.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Use the programs belows.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Screw that - if he's having repeat problems, reformatting is definitely the way to go. Wipe everything. The spyware cleaning programs are having a hard time keeping up with the new strains of scumware. They aren't as good at staying current as the virus checkers.

Dude, find your disk and start over. PM me if you need help.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    I totally agree with bad man on this one. Your registry is probably so jacked up by now no cleanup program could ever save you. Even if it helps most cleanup programs also tend to install their own portion of bull**** as well to eat more of your memory. Go with a full format, your computer will be a lot faster as a result of this. If you can't find your windows cd pm me, there are ways around that

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    just run spybot for spyware but to have key logging software on your pc someone would have to install hardware or exe the software from your pc.

Oakley is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    I'm pretty sure that i have a keylogger installed on my comp... and theres alot of spywire that i'd like to get rid of as well.

but i dont know much about computers...

how do i go about deleting everythingggg on my computer and reinstalling windows, etc...

im not sure that i have the disk handy, i'll have to do some looking around.

any help/info is appreciated.

thanks bros.

-MC
    what type of windows? and to stop any rumors that go around quite freq. some pop ups are made not to be found. this means that spyware only gets ride most of them but when you think they are all gone they will be back or at least the goods ones. the only way to fully get rid of them is reformatting the hard drive(s) that carry your prog files

Thread Information