Kato is offline Member

computer warrant

i bought a dell w/ a 1 year warrranty. dell is wanting me to buy a 3 year extension for 179$. is it worht it to get the extra warranty?

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    check what it covers, when we got a computer from a company as opposed to build it yourself, when it went wrong getting anything sorted under warranty was a real bitch

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Not worth it at all. Pass on the extra warranty.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Thats rather expensive........I would take my chances and hope nothing seriouse goes...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    If the computer makes it through 12 months then that is a great sign it will continue with no problems. Just make sure that you notice if any of the fans go out, especially the one for the power supply. Skip the extended warranty.

worldknown is offline Banned
    **** man thats a ****load of money for a warranty, DELL sucks but its the best computer manufacturer, it would be best to build your own computer, its cheaper and you know your not going to have **** that restricts you from modding or adding say a video card or another hard drive (since computer manufacturers espescially dell tend to put **** that blocks everything and makes it hard to get the case open). Also you could build the same comp that dell sells for 1/2 the price best of luck. head to www.zipzoomfly.com for the best prices that place rocks i got my **** the same week and i have had this comp for 6 months now no prob. best of luck bro let me know if you need anything else.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Extended warranties on electronics are almost NEVER worth the money. With electronics, if something is going to crap out on you it will happen almost immediately. If it works after 6 months or even better, 12 months, then you don't need to give some stupid store more money to make sure it keeps working for another 3 years.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    **** man thats a ****load of money for a warranty, DELL sucks but its the best computer manufacturer, it would be best to build your own computer, its cheaper and you know your not going to have **** that restricts you from modding or adding say a video card or another hard drive (since computer manufacturers espescially dell tend to put **** that blocks everything and makes it hard to get the case open). Also you could build the same comp that dell sells for 1/2 the price best of luck. head to www.zipzoomfly.com for the best prices that place rocks i got my **** the same week and i have had this comp for 6 months now no prob. best of luck bro let me know if you need anything else.

HEY thanks for that link I was looking for a good price on DVD burner

Just ordered the one they have up on the site..... Got my netflix subscription and a new dvd burner........ Thanks again.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    I just did the same thing - have had Netflix for 6 months, now - it's about time I bought a DVD-R. $80 - hope it's not a piece!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    i bought a dell w/ a 1 year warrranty. dell is wanting me to buy a 3 year extension for 179$. is it worht it to get the extra warranty?
    In 3 years the machine would be so outdated you would be happy to get a new one.

Kato is offline Member
    thanks for all the responses!

mud ur back is killin it!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i sold computers at best buy for 3 years.. no longer thank god.. but i would recommend u buy one on a computer if you dont know how to fix them yourself.. if you have a flat panel monitor its a good idea because they just get replaced. and another reason why id say its probably a good idea is because dell has good customer service they are on top of htings for you seeing as tho you can only contact them through the phone rather then a store...

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Phat has a great point. If you are computer saavy then u dont need it. If u dont know anything about computers then its actually not a bad thing. And if all else fails. after 2.5 years short the board out urself and have them replace or fix it for free.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by XL721
    And if all else fails. after 2.5 years short the board out urself and have them replace or fix it for free.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya its not hard to break a computer "by accident" lol..

critter is offline Junior Member

Quit Posting To This Thread

urgg.. why would someone post to an old thread and which all the advise that can be given has already been done AND while replaying not give advise at all.. freaking post whores..

Thread Information